Windows 10: Surface book 2 crashes when using Geforce GPU on games and other programs

Discus and support Surface book 2 crashes when using Geforce GPU on games and other programs in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; i have had this device for a while now and have recently having a BIG problem with my surface book 2. i have looked up so many work around and so many... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Ventom Ninja, Jan 18, 2020.

1. Surface book 2 crashes when using Geforce GPU on games and other programs

i have had this device for a while now and have recently having a BIG problem with my surface book 2. i have looked up so many work around and so many things to help my device, but out of all that researching and finding answers. iv'e pin pointed what the problem is. my geforce nividia 1060 graphics card that's in my laptop/surface is not working with apps when playing, i hear bings and bongs when i haven't even touched anything and all i did was start up an app. and my recent discovery was to detach the screen load up the game and re attach so it uses the Intel graphics thingy. but my main problem is that the quality of the games aren't good at all and i am getting sick and tired of doing this retinue . and want to use the geforce nividia graphics cardBUT I CANT because every time i try to start up a game without detaching so i can get the best and most experience out of this3,000$ dollar laptop i bought with hard earned money, it instead crashes and bing bongs saying iv'e detached it or ask if i would like to go into tablet mode. and ive looked up this problem and many other people and consumers like me are having the same problem. many solutions point to backing it up to the previous update 1809-1803 from the 1903 that was given to us. and i cant due to me passing the 10 day rollback system that microsoft has put on there device that deletes the last update on your computer after 10 days. so im clueless on what to do now and am scared of selling this for a lower end pc so i can just get a external graphics card. but pleas if one of the supporters read this, i would greatly appreciate the comment back and feed back on what steps to take next because as of now i have resorted on Not being able to use theAmazing quality of this computer and just using the IntelR for gaming and other apps..... please respond on a update, comment or something pleaaase because as of now im really doubting buying this and really don't want to sell it :

:)

Ventom Ninja, Jan 18, 2020
  2. Brink Win User

Surface Book 2 now available

Source: 5 reasons you'll love Surface Book 2 - Microsoft Devices Blog

Brink, Jan 18, 2020
  3. TracyRoss Win User
    3D Vision Photo Viewer not working with new Surface Book with GeForce GPU

I have a new Surface Book with the NVIDIA GeForce GPU. An app called "3D Vision Photo Viewer" came preinstalled but when I try to use it I get "Primary display adapter does not support NVIDIA 3D Vision." This doesn't make any sense to me. Can anyone help?

Thanks in advance.

Tracy

TracyRoss, Jan 18, 2020
  4. Brink Win User

Surface book 2 crashes when using Geforce GPU on games and other programs

New Surface Book 2 Drivers and Firmware Update Nov. 18

Read more: Surface Book 2 Drivers and Firmware (Initial Release) Surface

Brink, Jan 18, 2020
Thema:

Surface book 2 crashes when using Geforce GPU on games and other programs

1. Surface book 2 crashes when using Geforce GPU on games and other programs - Similar Threads - Surface book crashes

2. Surface Book 2 constantly crashing with iacamera64.sys

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Surface Book 2 constantly crashing with iacamera64.sys: I'm getting constant crashes maybe average once every 2 days usually when my Surface Book 2 has been in standby for a while and I come back to my PC to resume. The BSOD indicates iacamera64.sys, with stopcode: SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION-NOT_HANDLED. This has been happening for...
  3. Surface Book 2 Ethernet

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Surface Book 2 Ethernet: Hi I have a Surface Book 2 and a Surface Dock, recently my ethernet LAN just disappear not sure why. I have tried rebooting, surface diagnostic, change lan cable and tested lan cable in other device in it worked fine. but not on my SB2. I checked that there is no driver...
  4. surface book 2 Nividia Geforce GTX in active

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    surface book 2 Nividia Geforce GTX in active: hello Guys so i updated my Laptop yesterday and today i woke up to find the notification Nividia Geforce GTX is inactive how to fix this Problem? thank you...
  5. Surface book 2 GTX 1050 gpu disappearing

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Surface book 2 GTX 1050 gpu disappearing: I am aware this is a widespread issue among the SB2 community. I have tried everything I can find including detaching and booting into UEFI then installing older drivers, installing older and insider versions of windows 10, and a complete wipe of the device. I still am having...
  6. blue screen on a surface book 2 13" with gpu

blue screen on a surface book 2 13" with gpu: Hi, I've experienced 2 times of blue screen after a fresh installation of Windows 10 with a bunch of apps, just in 24 hours. There are the 2 event logs: 1.The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x0000007e (0xffffffffc0000005, 0xfffff80180edfbc9,...
  7. Surface Book 2

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Surface Book 2: I am trying to run Flash files on my Surface Book 2 and have had no success. I have downloaded adobe flash. Is there something I need to do? Does Flash work on the Surface Book 2?...
  8. instagram on surface book 2

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    instagram on surface book 2: While attempting to install Instagram on a new surface book 2 device, an error read that requirements were needed. Directx and more than 2 GB of ram were indicated as the need but the machine has 8GB and is on Directx v12. Do you have any advice on what we should do next?...
  9. Surface Book 2 overheating

Surface Book 2 overheating: Okay so I know the Surface Books have an issue with overheating. I absolutely LOVE my computer but obviously the overheating is an issue. Other posts talk about how its their screen that has the issue. I've even seen where the battery in the screen swoll up. My keyboard is...
  10. Surface book 2 night light setting program

in Windows 10 Customization
    Surface book 2 night light setting program: I bought a new surface book 2, the system has been upgraded to the latest, but the night mode in the system settings is invalid, I can choose to open or close it, but the screen color has not changed, Hope to get your help, thanks....