Windows 10: Surface Book 2 inaccessible following this past Tuesday (patch day)

Discus and support Surface Book 2 inaccessible following this past Tuesday (patch day) in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello, Since the regular monthly update last Tuesday, my Surface Book 2 has presented me with a "Preparing BitLocker recovery" screen. Until then, it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by WolfgangSteuhl_926, Aug 17, 2018.

1. Surface Book 2 inaccessible following this past Tuesday (patch day)

Hello,

Since the regular monthly update last Tuesday, my Surface Book 2 has presented me with a "Preparing BitLocker recovery" screen. Until then, it used to work pretty accurately. I've tried to follow the meager advice given on the Internet, but to no avail. And I cannot do anything with the device because for certain routines to be done, I should be connected to the Internet --- which is nonsensical because it refuses to get going in the first place, so there will be no entry fields, command lines, etc. Seriously: that is pretty strong stuff for a unit costing thousands of dollars. In my situation, if you do not have at least one alternative device and have serious work to do, you'll be in some real trouble. So what's left there to do in this case? Throw the thing out the window, right into an ecological, conveniently placed garbage bag outside?

Any recommendations welcome.

:)

WolfgangSteuhl_926, Aug 17, 2018
  2. Brink Win User

New Update for Surface Book 2 on Windows 10 April 2018 v1803 - May 9

Source: Update for Surface Book 2 (09 May 2018) Surface

See also: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4055398

Brink, Aug 17, 2018
  3. Brink Win User
    New Surface Book 2 Drivers and Firmware Update Nov. 18

Source: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/...update-history

Brink, Aug 17, 2018
  4. Surface Book 2 inaccessible following this past Tuesday (patch day)

Does Patch Tuesday still exist

Hi Stephen,

Thank you for being a part of Windows 10.

Before we proceed, I need more information to help you better.

• Which Tuesdays patch you are referring to?
    • Which patch you are referring to? Is it for Windows or phone?
    I suggest you to refer to the Windows blog for the latest news and check if it helps.

Windows Experience Blog -

Hope the above information helps. Reply with necessary information and the result to help you further.

Thank you.

Harshavardhan Rathod, Aug 17, 2018
Thema:

Surface Book 2 inaccessible following this past Tuesday (patch day)

1. Surface Book 2 inaccessible following this past Tuesday (patch day) - Similar Threads - Surface Book inaccessible

2. Computers Automatically Updating the Day After Patch Tuesday

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computers Automatically Updating the Day After Patch Tuesday: Hi There,We have had a WSUS patch policy for our company since 2012. We deploy Microsoft's security updates first to our IT staff computers the Thursday evening after Patch Tuesday using our WSUS Server, and then deploy the patches out to everyone the following week. This...
  3. Computers Automatically Updating the Day After Patch Tuesday

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computers Automatically Updating the Day After Patch Tuesday: Hi There,We have had a WSUS patch policy for our company since 2012. We deploy Microsoft's security updates first to our IT staff computers the Thursday evening after Patch Tuesday using our WSUS Server, and then deploy the patches out to everyone the following week. This...
  4. Computers Automatically Updating the Day After Patch Tuesday

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Surface Book with Dock and Patch Tuesday nightmares

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Surface Book with Dock and Patch Tuesday nightmares: I have a Surface book 2 that works really well until Patch Tuesday, then I need a bottle of brandy at the ready!For the longest time updates messed up the display settings for Monitor 2 via the Dock so endless rebooting the Surface and the Dock before the settings became...
  6. Surface Book with Dock and Patch Tuesday nightmares

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Surface Book with Dock and Patch Tuesday nightmares: I have a Surface book 2 that works really well until Patch Tuesday, then I need a bottle of brandy at the ready!For the longest time updates messed up the display settings for Monitor 2 via the Dock so endless rebooting the Surface and the Dock before the settings became...
  7. Surface Book with Dock and Patch Tuesday nightmares

8. whatsapp copy paste problem on surface book 2

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    whatsapp copy paste problem on surface book 2: I use microsoft surface book 2. recently right click on web whatsapp stopped working. hence, no copy/paste is possible on web whatapp. I appreciate if someone guides me how i can fix it....
  9. Patch Tuesday

Patch Tuesday: I update an old win7 system to win10 (1903) a few months ago -- all was working find (a bit slow --- old hardware) until August's (2019) patch day --- I think there were 2 update --- one failed -- KB4512508 -- and when the OS reboot -- it was a nightmare I noticed...
  10. Surface Book 2

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Surface Book 2: I am trying to run Flash files on my Surface Book 2 and have had no success. I have downloaded adobe flash. Is there something I need to do? Does Flash work on the Surface Book 2?...