Windows 10: Surface book 2 is freezing and occasionally i get a black screen and nothing happens

Discus and support Surface book 2 is freezing and occasionally i get a black screen and nothing happens in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; the black screen has happened several times and I press the power button and nothing happens. I wait a few hours and it comes back eventually. the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Pjsjack, Sep 5, 2018.

1. Pjsjack Win User

Surface book 2 is freezing and occasionally i get a black screen and nothing happens

the black screen has happened several times and I press the power button and nothing happens. I wait a few hours and it comes back eventually.

the freezing is happening on a more frequent basis particularly with outlook and Chrome.

:)

Pjsjack, Sep 5, 2018
  2. Brink Win User

Updates for Surface Book and Surface Pro 4 - April 5th 2017

Source: Updates for Surface Book and Surface Pro 4 (05 April 2017) Surface

See also:

Brink, Sep 5, 2018
  3. Brink Win User
    New Update for Surface Book 2 on Windows 10 April 2018 v1803 - May 9

Source: Update for Surface Book 2 (09 May 2018) Surface

See also: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4055398

Brink, Sep 5, 2018
  4. Brink Win User

Surface book 2 is freezing and occasionally i get a black screen and nothing happens

Surface Book 2 now available

Source: 5 reasons you'll love Surface Book 2 - Microsoft Devices Blog

Brink, Sep 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Surface book 2 is freezing and occasionally i get a black screen and nothing happens - Similar Threads - Surface book freezing

2. Surface Book Black Screen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Surface Book Black Screen: Hello, I’ve recently experienced the black screen after logging into my surface book. I’ve tried the methods listed under: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/sbs/windows/troubleshoot-black-screen-or-blank-screen-errors-79bcd941-5c32-5da9-9a99-9ed1a53b0d94I had a black screen...
  3. Surface Book Black Screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Surface Book Black Screen: Hello, I’ve recently experienced the black screen after logging into my surface book. I’ve tried the methods listed under: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/sbs/windows/troubleshoot-black-screen-or-blank-screen-errors-79bcd941-5c32-5da9-9a99-9ed1a53b0d94I had a black screen...
  4. Surface Book Black Screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Surface Book 2 Keeps Detaching/Freezing

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Surface Book 2 Keeps Detaching/Freezing: My surface book keeps detaching and showing the flashing green button every time I do something. I noticed sliding it over, pushing the screen back, slightly bumping it, picking it up causes it to make the "detach/reattach" noise and freeze. It freezes for about 10 seconds or...
  6. Surface Book 2 screen not detaching

Surface Book 2 screen not detaching: i haven't been able to detach my laptop's screen for the past several months. every time i try either something called lockapp is keeping it from detaching, or random background apps that dont seem like theyd keep my screen from detaching keep it from detaching. i literally...
  7. WLAN getting interuppted on Surface Book 2

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    WLAN getting interuppted on Surface Book 2: In spite of a lot of research in ther Web, I still have no found a solution to the problem. When the Surface Book 2 is connected to a WLAN, the connection is interrupted every few minutes. It than takes another minute, and the connection is up an running again. Windows 10...
  8. Surface Book 2 temporarily freezes and screen fades to gray.

Surface Book 2 temporarily freezes and screen fades to gray.: I've recently purchased a surface book 2 and I have been having an issue with it. Occasionally, while using the computer, the screen will seem to freeze and slowly fades to gray. If I don't move the mouse or type the screen will go completely gray, but if I do it will...
  9. Surface Book 2

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Surface Book 2: I am trying to run Flash files on my Surface Book 2 and have had no success. I have downloaded adobe flash. Is there something I need to do? Does Flash work on the Surface Book 2?...
  10. Surface Book 2 - Camera Freeze

Surface Book 2 - Camera Freeze: Hi I'm running a surface book 2 i5 with 64bit Windows 10. After 10 to 50 seconds into using my built in camera (front and rear) the image of the camera freezes and the little white light goes out. This happens with the native windows camera app as well as with third party...