Windows 10: Surface Book 2 Marvell AVASTAR Wireless-AC Network Controller driver High DPC Latency Issue...

Discus and support Surface Book 2 Marvell AVASTAR Wireless-AC Network Controller driver High DPC Latency Issue... in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi Guys, This is not a question, but a suggestion for solving DPC latency issues. I had severe DPC latency issues on my 15" Surface Book 2 due to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by RobNijhof, Aug 22, 2020.

1. RobNijhof Win User

Surface Book 2 Marvell AVASTAR Wireless-AC Network Controller driver High DPC Latency Issue...

Hi Guys,

This is not a question, but a suggestion for solving DPC latency issues. I had severe DPC latency issues on my 15" Surface Book 2 due to theMarvell AVASTAR Wireless-AC Network Controller driver ndis.sys.

I searched ages for a solution, but never found it. Disabling WiFi solved the issue, but that was never a solution for me since I need WiFi of course.

I found out the problem lies in the Power Management of the WiFi chip. In Device Manager however there are only 4 options you can adjust, none of them can solve the issue.

Fortunately, there is Powershell : I found out that you can disable Power Management for the WiFi adapter completely. After I disabled it, my DPC latency completely went back to normal. Even when I didn't set the Power mode on 'Best Performance' clicking on the Battery icon.

Surface Book 2 Marvell AVASTAR Wireless-AC Network Controller driver High DPC Latency Issue... a004f9fe-e45a-4869-a921-5825b710ab9a?upload=true.png

Surface Book 2 Marvell AVASTAR Wireless-AC Network Controller driver High DPC Latency Issue... 4d809181-4bf0-4d5a-8a9c-b8c26b4e9e74?upload=true.png

This can work for all laptops with high DPC Latency due to the WiFi adapter I guess.

To disable Power Management of the WiFi adapter, read this Microsoft article: click here

Basically, the following commandlet needs to be used:

- Open Powershell as Administrator

- Insert the following commandlet: Disable-NetAdapterPowerManagement -Name"Ethernet 1"

In my case I had to set the -Name to "WiFi".

Restart your computer and run LatencyMon. If all is well, your high DPC latency should be solved.

I hope this works for you guys as well as for me. Post your results here! Good luck.

:)

RobNijhof, Aug 22, 2020

2. Marvell AVASTAR Wireless-AC Network Controller Error

I have a surface book and I am having an issue with the Marvell AVASTAR Wireless-AC Network Controller displaying the following error: Windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware because a previous instance of the device driver is still in
    memory. (Code 38)

Aaron Thirkettle, Aug 22, 2020
  3. Brink Win User
    New Surface Book 2 Drivers and Firmware for Windows 10 - July 31 Surface

Source: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/...update-history

Download: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/down....aspx?id=56261

Brink, Aug 22, 2020
  4. Brink Win User

Surface Book 2 Marvell AVASTAR Wireless-AC Network Controller driver High DPC Latency Issue...

New Surface Book 2 Drivers and Firmware for Windows 10 - July 31

Source: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/...update-history

Download: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/down....aspx?id=56261

Brink, Aug 22, 2020
Thema:

1. Surface Book 2 Marvell AVASTAR Wireless-AC Network Controller driver High DPC Latency Issue... - Similar Threads - Surface Book Marvell

2. Marvell Avastar Wireless-AC Network Controller driver causing crashes/BSOD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Marvell Avastar Wireless-AC Network Controller driver causing crashes/BSOD: I have a Surface Pro 3. Overnight my Wi-Fi driver ceased to function, I've tried numerous solutions, including running a "sfc /scannow" command that changed the grayed out driver in the device list to Code 12 instead. In the end the fix was to uninstall and restart the...
  3. Marvell Avastar Wireless-AC Network Controller driver causing crashes/BSOD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Marvell Avastar Wireless-AC Network Controller driver causing crashes/BSOD: I have a Surface Pro 3. Overnight my Wi-Fi driver ceased to function, I've tried numerous solutions, including running a "sfc /scannow" command that changed the grayed out driver in the device list to Code 12 instead. In the end the fix was to uninstall and restart the...
  4. Marvell Avastar Wireless-AC Network Controller driver causing crashes/BSOD

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. marvell avastar

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    marvell avastar: So a few days ago I noticed my Bluetooth icon would go missing from both settings and my notification area, i looked around and I troubleshot Bluetooth and it told me it was an error 43, I was told to uninstall Marvell Avastar and to look for hardware changes, and that would...
  6. Windows 10 build 19041 - Surface pro - Marvell Wireless AC network controller...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 build 19041 - Surface pro - Marvell Wireless AC network controller...: Hi, Marvell Wireless AC network controller 15.68.17018.116 cannot detect 5Ghz networks on my Surface pro 4 on Windows 10 build 19041. In forums I could find that there were previous issues with Marvell network controller drivers as well. I am not able to rollback the...
  7. Marvell Avastar Network Controller Gone

Marvell Avastar Network Controller Gone: Hello, I have been having an issue with my network controller. I followed the instructions with uninstalling it but upon restarting the computer the controller did not re appear as it should have. I have made sure to select the show hidden option and it is still not listed...
  8. My network adapter is Marvell AVASTAR Wireless

My network adapter is Marvell AVASTAR Wireless: driver version is 15.68.17018.116I read online that some people were having the same issue. So I tried changing the band to only 5GHz, roll back the driver but it's still slow My MacBook air can connect to the same network with a speed of 400 mbps. This SB2 varies between...
  9. marvell avastar issue after 31 July update on surface book 2.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    marvell avastar issue after 31 July update on surface book 2.: Hi there. So I have that problem after my last update. After update I lost my Marvell wi-fi adapter on my SB2. There is some unknow device – but I can’t install it because there are some kind of problems with installation (please see attached pic). And I also can’t...
  10. Marvell AVASTAR network controller or Qualcomm Atheros QCA61x4A Wireless Network Adapter is...

Marvell AVASTAR network controller or Qualcomm Atheros QCA61x4A Wireless Network Adapter is...: I have XPS13 and it had been working fine. However sice yesterday the wifi tab went missing. It does not show up in network setting. I searched on Microsoft website and it said to go to device manager - network adapter. It said if "Marvell AVASTAR network controller or...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. nu vot

2. surface book marvell avastar driver

3. dpc latency test windows 10