Windows 10: Surface Book 2, sleep issues, keeps waking.

Discus and support Surface Book 2, sleep issues, keeps waking. in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I have a Surface Book 2 (15") with Windows 10. No matter what, it won't stay asleep. Looked in Event Log, no events logged for waking up. Pressing... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by The One Who Exists Not., Jun 9, 2019.

1. Surface Book 2, sleep issues, keeps waking.

I have a Surface Book 2 (15") with Windows 10. No matter what, it won't stay asleep.

Looked in Event Log, no events logged for waking up.

Pressing the sleep button throws the sleep mode briefly then enters the login screen, hitting the sleep button a second time puts the computer to sleep.

Any Bluetooth device seems to be able to wake the computer up.

Any USB device seems to be able to wake the computer up.

Checked in device manager, everything either has the allow this device to wake the computer up disabled or doesn't have the tab for that option.

powercfg shows no last wakeup (0) and no devices that are wake_armed.

I've disabled wake from USB from the surface UEFI?

I basically want to disable anything other than the keyboard or the power button from waking the surface up. I am okay with only the power button waking the surface up.

I am on Windows 10 Insider Preview 10.0.18362.30 (19h1_release) amd64 2019-04 . I haven't been able to return to the non-insider build (and I would rather not format the computer).

***Modified Title from: Windows 10 Surface Book 2, won’t stay asleep***

:)

The One Who Exists Not., Jun 9, 2019
  2. Brink Win User

Updates for Surface Book and Surface Pro 4 - April 5th 2017

Source: Updates for Surface Book and Surface Pro 4 (05 April 2017) Surface

See also:

Brink, Jun 9, 2019
  3. Qwood Win User
    Surface Book 2 Wake-up

My Surface book started deep sleep problem. Solved by unplugging my 25" HP monitor - TaDaa!

Qwood, Jun 9, 2019
  4. Surface Book 2, sleep issues, keeps waking.

Surface windows 10 signin when wake from sleep

Hi Garfunkle,

It could be due to incorrect settings.

On the Sign-in page. The first option is Require sign-in. Select Never.

I suggest you to try the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Type Power Options in Search. Click on it to open.
    • Click on require a password on wakeup.
    • Under Password protection. Select Do not require a password. Click Ok.
    Also, refer the link below.

https://www.microsoft.com/surface/e...rs/surface-power-sleep-and-wake?os=windows-10

https://www.microsoft.com/surface/e...unts/sign-in-and-out-of-surface?os=windows-10

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Thank you.

Kalpana Shankarappa, Jun 9, 2019
Thema:

Surface Book 2, sleep issues, keeps waking.

1. Surface Book 2, sleep issues, keeps waking. - Similar Threads - Surface Book sleep

2. Surface Book 2 Keeps Detaching/Freezing

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Surface Book 2 Keeps Detaching/Freezing: My surface book keeps detaching and showing the flashing green button every time I do something. I noticed sliding it over, pushing the screen back, slightly bumping it, picking it up causes it to make the "detach/reattach" noise and freeze. It freezes for about 10 seconds or...
  3. Surface book 2 won't wake from sleep

Surface book 2 won't wake from sleep: This started a few weeks ago. Once my machine goes to sleep, I cannot wake it up. I can only do a hard reboot by holding the power button down for a long time. How do I fix this?...
  4. Surface Book 2 Wifi Issues

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Surface Book 2 Wifi Issues: Windows 10 version: 10.0.18363.836 Wifi Driver version: Marvell Semiconductor, Inc 15.68.17017.115 Seems as though I am not the only one with this issue. But I cannot reliably connect or use my existing home's wifi 2.4Ghz band or the 5.0Ghz band at all. Super low/weak...
  5. surface book 2 persistent issues

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    surface book 2 persistent issues: I have been experiencing issues quite often with my Surface book 2 this past month and a half. The issues consist of crashing. rebooting and browser issues. Chrome has been giving me issues and cant do work without an issues, id rather use this PC than my school one. I kept...
  6. Many issues with Surface Book 2

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Many issues with Surface Book 2: I have been having many issues with my surface book 2 lately. Some of them are the following: 1. Random and continuous USB disconnect sound. 2. Overheating during sleep mode (specially inside backpack). 3. Keyboard sometimes stop responding. 4. The search stops...
  7. 1809 Update issues on Surface Book 2

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    1809 Update issues on Surface Book 2: Hi, I have a Surface Book 2. When 1809 was available I went through the download route and forced the update. Luckily, it seems, things worked well and I didn't face any of the bugs that were listed; however, later I started noticing that Start Screen had issues. Namely,...
  8. Surface Book 2

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Surface Book 2: I am trying to run Flash files on my Surface Book 2 and have had no success. I have downloaded adobe flash. Is there something I need to do? Does Flash work on the Surface Book 2?...
  9. Surface Book 2 Wake-up

Surface Book 2 Wake-up: My Surface book started deep sleep problem. Solved by unplugging my 25" HP monitor - TaDaa! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/surface-book-2-wake-up/65001748-2d86-44e9-a47b-678b7cb620ea"
  10. Cursor Issue with Surface Book 2

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Cursor Issue with Surface Book 2: I have recently bought Surface Book 2; a week ago. Now I am facing issues with cursor disappearing making me chase the cursor and at times freezing. It is really annoying. As I do not use the mouse. Can anybody help me to resolve this issue? if this problem persists for a few...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. surface book 2 issue with sleep

2. surface book 2 sleep issues