Windows 10: Surface Book 2 - Surface Dock fails after resuming from hibernation

Discus and support Surface Book 2 - Surface Dock fails after resuming from hibernation in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I have a Surface Book 2 and a Surface Dock. Windows 10 1809. When connected to the dock, after resuming from hibernate, various hardware fails to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Ned Martin, May 1, 2019.

1. Surface Book 2 - Surface Dock fails after resuming from hibernation

I have a Surface Book 2 and a Surface Dock.

Windows 10 1809.

When connected to the dock, after resuming from hibernate, various hardware fails to work. It seems to be a bit different each time.

For example, last resume, Bluetooth (built into laptop) and Ethernet (on the dock) did not work. Video via the dock to my second monitor did still work. Attempting to do anything via Device Manager results in Device Manager freezing up. Rescanning hardware, trying to disable hardware, all just froze device manager. Turning bluetooth off and on again didn't seem to actually turn bluetooth off or on. It was as if anything to do with hardware was frozen up. No errors in Event Viewer that I could see.

When I went to reboot the Surface Book, it just sits on "Restarting" for a long time, until I held down the power button and forced a restart.

What should I look into? I don't see any errors that seem to be applicable in Event Viewer and I'm not sure where else to look.

Is this a software issue that I can fix? Is this faulty hardware? A faulty dock? A faulty laptop? The laptop is still under warranty, but the dock is not.

:)

Ned Martin, May 1, 2019
  2. Brink Win User

New Version of Surface Dock Updater Available

Source: New Version of Surface Dock Updater Available Surface

Brink, May 1, 2019
  3. Surface Book and Dock Issues

I have a surface book and a surface dock.

Recently (april 2019) I ran into the problem that the USB ports on the dock did not work when the surface book was on. MS support asked me to update firmware and that failed too. So thanks to them, they replaced both my surface docks. - Again Thanks MS.

Here is a new problem (and yes I had to update the firmware on the new docks too. Yes I have the latest drivers for my monitor.)

1. I use extended display, with the mini display port and using cables from MS

2. I use the surface book fully folded down (meaning display is up so I can write freely and the base is docked, but the keys cannot be used).

3. My monitor is in portrait more.

4. Every now then the display will stop working on the extended monitor mode and will only display on the surface screen, Then suddenly in one of the reboots it will start working again and continue till it cycles again

5. What I found to trigger this behavior is when I am traveling or using the surface in a standalone mode and then plug it back on my desk it occurs. Thought not all the times

Any idea what is going on?

Running Windows 10, build 1809 (latest) with all updates

RungunNathan, May 1, 2019
  4. Brink Win User

Surface Book 2 - Surface Dock fails after resuming from hibernation

Updates for Surface Book and Surface Pro 4 - April 5th 2017

Source: Updates for Surface Book and Surface Pro 4 (05 April 2017) Surface

See also:

Brink, May 1, 2019
Thema:

Surface Book 2 - Surface Dock fails after resuming from hibernation

1. Surface Book 2 - Surface Dock fails after resuming from hibernation - Similar Threads - Surface Book Surface

2. Surface Book 3 + Surface Dock 2 Not Recognizing Second Monitor

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Surface Book 3 + Surface Dock 2 Not Recognizing Second Monitor: My workstation is set up such that I have a Surface Book 3 SB3 connected to a Surface Dock 2 SD2. The SD2 is in turn connected via two USB-C to DVI-D dual link cables to two external monitors. I've noticed an issue that when I connect my SB3 to my SD2, only one of the...
  3. Surface Book 3 + Surface Dock 2 Not Recognizing Second Monitor

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Surface Book 3 + Surface Dock 2 Not Recognizing Second Monitor: My workstation is set up such that I have a Surface Book 3 SB3 connected to a Surface Dock 2 SD2. The SD2 is in turn connected via two USB-C to DVI-D dual link cables to two external monitors. I've noticed an issue that when I connect my SB3 to my SD2, only one of the...
  4. Surface Book 3 + Surface Dock 2 Not Recognizing Second Monitor

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Problems with Surface Book 3 and/or Dock 2

Problems with Surface Book 3 and/or Dock 2: My NEW Surface Book 3, with the NEW Dock 2, routinely cannot find my external monitor even though it worked for multiple days in a row. It also refuses to use the Nvidia graphics to run the monitor which makes it poorer quality. It is also VERY "laggy" using the Microsoft...
  6. Surface Book 2 BSOD - DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE 9f - Suspect Surface Dock

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Surface Book 2 BSOD - DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE 9f - Suspect Surface Dock: Hi, I recently purchased a Surface Dock and since then I have started to have DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE 9f BSODs when the system is idle, I assume when trying to hibernate. The crash dump below suggests that this is related to the dock ethernet drivers. The msux64w10...
  7. Surface Book 2 on 1903 BSOD - NDIS.SYS - Surface Dock Ethernet

Surface Book 2 on 1903 BSOD - NDIS.SYS - Surface Dock Ethernet: Hello All, Currently I have 6 Surface Book 2's all with the same issue. The Ethernet Adapter on the Surface Docks will connect and disconnect on repeat, once a second until eventually the SB2 will blue screen. There is roughly 150 Surface book 2's, 200 Surface Laptop 2's...
  8. Surface Book 2 USB and Docking Problems

Surface Book 2 USB and Docking Problems: Has anyone encountered this issue? ALWAYS after startup, my Surface Book 2 touchpad freezes for 1-3 seconds several times. After it's done freezing, it gives off the "USB has connected" sound, stops freezing, then does it again and again for about 4-5 times. After it's done...
  9. Surface Book 2 USB and Docking Problems

in Windows 10 Support
    Surface Book 2 USB and Docking Problems: Has anyone encountered this issue? ALWAYS after startup, my Surface Book 2 touchpad freezes for 1-3 seconds several times. After it's done freezing, it gives off the "USB has connected" sound, stops freezing, then does it again and again for about 4-5 times. After it's done...
  10. Surface Book 2

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Surface Book 2: I am trying to run Flash files on my Surface Book 2 and have had no success. I have downloaded adobe flash. Is there something I need to do? Does Flash work on the Surface Book 2?...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. surcace dock not working after hibernation

2. surface dock and monitor hibernation