Windows 10: Surface Book 2 temporarily freezes and screen fades to gray.

Discus and support Surface Book 2 temporarily freezes and screen fades to gray. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I've recently purchased a surface book 2 and I have been having an issue with it. Occasionally, while using the computer, the screen will seem to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by NikkNakk, Aug 6, 2019.

1. NikkNakk Win User

Surface Book 2 temporarily freezes and screen fades to gray.

I've recently purchased a surface book 2 and I have been having an issue with it. Occasionally, while using the computer, the screen will seem to freeze and slowly fades to gray. If I don't move the mouse or type the screen will go completely gray, but if I do it will eventually stop. It will do this even when I am using the computer. I thought it was related to adaptive contrast, but I thought I disabled that feature and I'm still having the issue.

:)

NikkNakk, Aug 6, 2019
  2. Brink Win User

Updates for Surface Book and Surface Pro 4 - April 5th 2017

Source: Updates for Surface Book and Surface Pro 4 (05 April 2017) Surface

See also:

Brink, Aug 6, 2019
  3. Brink Win User
    Surface Book 2 now available

Source: 5 reasons you'll love Surface Book 2 - Microsoft Devices Blog

Brink, Aug 6, 2019
  4. Surface Book 2 temporarily freezes and screen fades to gray.

Surface book 2 stuttering in everything. (Solved)

Hi,

I recently got a surface book 2 15". and discovered when gaming and during general tasks my surface book stutters. in a game this would look like intermittent lag, around every few mins the game would freeze temporarily for around half a second, it can be
    seen on GPU usage that when these stutters occur, the GPU usage goes from whatever it was to 0 until the stutter is over returning to its original usage. It can also be seen in regular usage with the mouse cursor freezing like the games for around half a second
    regularly.

Overall I'm pretty disappointed with my experience with the surface book 2, with it costing so much money you would have thought they would have ironed out all the kinks.

Hopefully, there is a fix that is software based but I would be fine getting a replacement.

many thanks,

-Giles

Giles Bill, Aug 6, 2019
Thema:

Surface Book 2 temporarily freezes and screen fades to gray.

1. Surface Book 2 temporarily freezes and screen fades to gray. - Similar Threads - Surface Book temporarily

2. Surface Book 3 Screen randomly freezing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Surface Book 3 Screen randomly freezing: Good day everyone, and thanks in advance for any replies!For the past few days, my Surface Book 3 screen has been freezing randomly.In fact, it is only the display on the internal screen that freezes, otherwise the PC continues to run normally. I know that because a second...
  3. Surface Book 3 Screen randomly freezing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Surface Book 3 Screen randomly freezing: Good day everyone, and thanks in advance for any replies!For the past few days, my Surface Book 3 screen has been freezing randomly.In fact, it is only the display on the internal screen that freezes, otherwise the PC continues to run normally. I know that because a second...
  4. Surface Book 2 Keeps Detaching/Freezing

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Surface Book 2 Keeps Detaching/Freezing: My surface book keeps detaching and showing the flashing green button every time I do something. I noticed sliding it over, pushing the screen back, slightly bumping it, picking it up causes it to make the "detach/reattach" noise and freeze. It freezes for about 10 seconds or...
  5. Surface Book 2 Ethernet

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Surface Book 2 Ethernet: Hi I have a Surface Book 2 and a Surface Dock, recently my ethernet LAN just disappear not sure why. I have tried rebooting, surface diagnostic, change lan cable and tested lan cable in other device in it worked fine. but not on my SB2. I checked that there is no driver...
  6. Surface Book 2 screen not detaching

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Surface Book 2 screen not detaching: i haven't been able to detach my laptop's screen for the past several months. every time i try either something called lockapp is keeping it from detaching, or random background apps that dont seem like theyd keep my screen from detaching keep it from detaching. i literally...
  7. Surface Book 2 15" Blue Screen

Surface Book 2 15" Blue Screen: Recently got a blue screen, it restarted, then got another after using it for about 15 minutes. It has been over an hour and it has not happened again. I was off guard when it happened so I did not get the error code. I looked at the event viewer and the critical errors were...
  8. Surface Book 2

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Surface Book 2: I am trying to run Flash files on my Surface Book 2 and have had no success. I have downloaded adobe flash. Is there something I need to do? Does Flash work on the Surface Book 2?...
  9. Surface Book 2 - Camera Freeze

Surface Book 2 - Camera Freeze: Hi I'm running a surface book 2 i5 with 64bit Windows 10. After 10 to 50 seconds into using my built in camera (front and rear) the image of the camera freezes and the little white light goes out. This happens with the native windows camera app as well as with third party...
  10. Surface Book 2 Bluetooth Blue Screen

Surface Book 2 Bluetooth Blue Screen: Hi! I've had an issue sometimes where if I try to pair my Samsung Gear IconX (2018) earbuds to my Surface Book 2 (13.5, i7, 8GB Ram, 256GB SSD) via Bluetooth and turn the Bluetooth on the laptop on and off, the computer Blue Screen's and gives me a...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. when using my surface book 2 the screen sometimes goes grey and freezes up

2. windows surface book 2 keeps freezing up and no mouse cursor

3. surface freezes occansionally

4. surface book screen freeze,
  5. surface book 2 screen freezes,
  6. screen freezes surface book 2,
  7. office freeze surface book 2