Windows 10: Surface Book 2 touchpad not clicking, unable to find SMBus driver

Discus and support Surface Book 2 touchpad not clicking, unable to find SMBus driver in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi, I've had a surface book 2 for two years and had some issues with the touchpad. Moving the mouse around, tapping, and scrolling works so there... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by SHXH, Jun 28, 2020.

1. SHXH Win User

Surface Book 2 touchpad not clicking, unable to find SMBus driver

Hi,

I've had a surface book 2 for two years and had some issues with the touchpad.

Moving the mouse around, tapping, and scrolling works so there are no dead spots however it doesn't click at all so I can't copy/paste. I had to buy a mouse to be able to use a £2k laptop...

While trying to sort it and update the drivers I noticed that many suggestions said to update 'Synaptics SMBus TouchPad Driver' under 'Mice and other pointing devices' but the only option I have is 'HID Compliant Mouse' which is fully updated.

Does anyone know why the other driver isn't showing up and if its causing the issue? And if so how to fix?

:)

2. Brink Win User

New Surface Book 2 Drivers and Firmware Update Nov. 18 Surface

Read more: Surface Book 2 Drivers and Firmware (Initial Release) Surface

Brink, Jun 28, 2020
  3. Brink Win User
    New Update for Surface Book 2 on Windows 10 April 2018 v1803 - May 9 Surface

Source: Update for Surface Book 2 (09 May 2018) Surface

See also: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4055398

Brink, Jun 28, 2020
  4. Brink Win User

New Update for Surface Book 2 on Windows 10 April 2018 v1803 - May 9

Source: Update for Surface Book 2 (09 May 2018) Surface

See also: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4055398

Brink, Jun 28, 2020
Thema:

1. Surface Book 2 touchpad not clicking, unable to find SMBus driver - Similar Threads - Surface Book touchpad

2. Synaptics SMBus Touchpad

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Synaptics SMBus Touchpad: The touchpad of my hp laptop suddenly stopped working yesterday and when I check the device manager, at first it was not showing then I clicked show hidden devices then it showed but it's now showing that danger sign on it and i dont know what to do. I tried updating,...
  3. Synaptics SMBus Touchpad

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Synaptics SMBus Touchpad: The touchpad of my hp laptop suddenly stopped working yesterday and when I check the device manager, at first it was not showing then I clicked show hidden devices then it showed but it's now showing that danger sign on it and i dont know what to do. I tried updating,...
  4. Unable to install download on surface book 2

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Unable to install download on surface book 2: I am using a surface book 2 and am unable to install apps or programs from downloads. Installer gives an error message indicating that the files I am trying to download are either incomplete or corrupted. This is after windows has blocked the install and I have given...
  5. Surface book 2 unable to reset

Surface book 2 unable to reset: I wasn't able to detach the screen and the keybord of my surface book 2 wasn't working, i read and microsoft community to hold the power button for ~ 20 seconds to solve the problem. I did it but it booted to the screen "Your PC did not start correctly". I tried every...
  6. Synaptics SMBus TouchPad driver update?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Synaptics SMBus TouchPad driver update?: Hi, I have just upgraded an HP 15-af156sa laptop to 1909 18363.815 However, the touchpad is laggy in that about every 2 secs the mouse response stops for a split second then off it goes again and so on The current driver is 19.3.31.31 but a support thread it should be...
  7. unable to find driver for touchpad

unable to find driver for touchpad: Unable to find driver for touchpad. I am having troubles with the touchpad on my DELL 5567. The rightclick does not work. Need to click very hard to work etc. I checked in "Device manager -> Mice & other pointing devices" It has only two options - HID - compliant mouse...
  8. Synapticss SMBus Touchpad.

Synapticss SMBus Touchpad.: In Windows 10 1903 the latest driver date 7/24/2019, driver version 19.5.35.46 no longer has checkbox to disable touchpad, older version did. Is there a hack to disable touchpad? Gort 141119
  9. Surface Book 2

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Surface Book 2: I am trying to run Flash files on my Surface Book 2 and have had no success. I have downloaded adobe flash. Is there something I need to do? Does Flash work on the Surface Book 2?...
  10. Surface Book 2 Touchpad not working in CC Apps

Surface Book 2 Touchpad not working in CC Apps: Hi Community, i just bought a Surface Book 2. Installed the Adobe CC Apps (PS, ID, Ai) and tried to use the touchpad to Zoom/Scroll just like on my macbook before. But its just possible to scroll horizontal and vertical. No zooming or moving the Workspace (just like when...