Windows 10: Surface Book 2 USB-C Ethernet

Discus and support Surface Book 2 USB-C Ethernet in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hey all, I have been using a USB-C port to attach a generic dongle with HDMI, USB, and Ethernet ports to my Surface Book 2. It has been working great,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Axodapanda, Apr 14, 2020.

1. Surface Book 2 USB-C Ethernet

Hey all, I have been using a USB-C port to attach a generic dongle with HDMI, USB, and Ethernet ports to my Surface Book 2. It has been working great, but recently, my ethernet connection will just disconnect. I looked in the device manager > network adapters tab, and there is no "turn off power saving mode" for my Marvell AVASTAR Wireless-AC Network controller. However, there are a ton of WAN Miniport adapters, and after looking around, it seems that these might be causing the problem. Also, a lot of people have had issues with these computers disconnecting their ethernet when connected to the surface dock. Has anyone else had these problems, and if so, do they know how to solve them? Thanks.

submitted by /u/Axodapanda
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Axodapanda, Apr 14, 2020
  2. Brink Win User

Boot Surface Laptop to USB - no Volume button

Hello Jimmy, Surface Book 2 USB-C Ethernet :)

This doesn't list the "Surface Laptop", but you might give it a try to see.

*Arrow Boot Microsoft Surface from a USB device

Otherwise, you should be able to use OPTION ONE below to boot from the USB from advanced startup.

*Arrow Boot from USB Drive on Windows 10 PC Windows 10 Installation Upgrade Tutorials

Brink, Apr 14, 2020
  3. Brink Win User
    New Update for Surface Book 2 on Windows 10 April 2018 v1803 - May 9 Surface

Source: Update for Surface Book 2 (09 May 2018) Surface

See also: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4055398

Brink, Apr 14, 2020
  4. Surface Book 2 USB-C Ethernet

New Surface Book 2 Won't Read from SD Card

Ok, this is for a surface book, but the steps should apply here as well:

Make sure your card is inserted properly,

Open Device Manager and look for non recognized device in Other devices.

Right click and use option "Update Driver Software..."

Go to Browse my computer

Go to Let me pick from a list

From the list, click on SD host adapters

Choose the last one: USB Mass Storage Device. Please do not choose any Related USB Card Reader devices.

Credit:
    https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/surface/for...

Give this a shot and let me know!

- C

Charlie Klausen, Apr 14, 2020
Thema:

Surface Book 2 USB-C Ethernet

1. Surface Book 2 USB-C Ethernet - Similar Threads - Surface Book USB

2. Surface Book 2 Ethernet

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Surface Book 2 Ethernet: Hi I have a Surface Book 2 and a Surface Dock, recently my ethernet LAN just disappear not sure why. I have tried rebooting, surface diagnostic, change lan cable and tested lan cable in other device in it worked fine. but not on my SB2. I checked that there is no driver...
  3. Surface Book 2 Login

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Surface Book 2 Login: My buddy purchased his MS Surface Book2 a couple years ago. He always used facial recognition to log in. About a week ago, the facial recognition ceased to exist. He doesn't remember his Pin or Password. The hyperlink that says 'Forgot Pin' doesnt send me to another page...
  4. Surface Book 2 will not reset

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Surface Book 2 will not reset: I created a USB restore drive from my machine, reset the computer and the restore dies at 65% and then not able to do anything. Is there any way I can create another restore usb without using my PC since it now does not work? I even went as far as saying wipe the whole...
  5. Surface Book 2 on 1903 BSOD - NDIS.SYS - Surface Dock Ethernet

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Surface Book 2 on 1903 BSOD - NDIS.SYS - Surface Dock Ethernet: Hello All, Currently I have 6 Surface Book 2's all with the same issue. The Ethernet Adapter on the Surface Docks will connect and disconnect on repeat, once a second until eventually the SB2 will blue screen. There is roughly 150 Surface book 2's, 200 Surface Laptop 2's...
  6. Surface Book 2 USB and Docking Problems

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Surface Book 2 USB and Docking Problems: Has anyone encountered this issue? ALWAYS after startup, my Surface Book 2 touchpad freezes for 1-3 seconds several times. After it's done freezing, it gives off the "USB has connected" sound, stops freezing, then does it again and again for about 4-5 times. After it's done...
  7. Surface Book 2 USB and Docking Problems

in Windows 10 Support
    Surface Book 2 USB and Docking Problems: Has anyone encountered this issue? ALWAYS after startup, my Surface Book 2 touchpad freezes for 1-3 seconds several times. After it's done freezing, it gives off the "USB has connected" sound, stops freezing, then does it again and again for about 4-5 times. After it's done...
  8. Surface Book 2

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Surface Book 2: I am trying to run Flash files on my Surface Book 2 and have had no success. I have downloaded adobe flash. Is there something I need to do? Does Flash work on the Surface Book 2?...
  9. instagram on surface book 2

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    instagram on surface book 2: While attempting to install Instagram on a new surface book 2 device, an error read that requirements were needed. Directx and more than 2 GB of ram were indicated as the need but the machine has 8GB and is on Directx v12. Do you have any advice on what we should do next?...
  10. Surface Book 2 overheating

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Surface Book 2 overheating: Okay so I know the Surface Books have an issue with overheating. I absolutely LOVE my computer but obviously the overheating is an issue. Other posts talk about how its their screen that has the issue. I've even seen where the battery in the screen swoll up. My keyboard is...