Windows 10: Surface Book 2 USB headphones Jabra BIZ 2400 II crackling sound

Discus and support Surface Book 2 USB headphones Jabra BIZ 2400 II crackling sound in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi, I have Jabra BIZ 2400 II USB headphones with microphone connected toSurface Book 2 USB port. Using it with Teams or just listening to music starts... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Sven Kelemen, Apr 3, 2020.

1. Surface Book 2 USB headphones Jabra BIZ 2400 II crackling sound

Hi, I have Jabra BIZ 2400 II USB headphones with microphone connected toSurface Book 2 USB port. Using it with Teams or just listening to music starts fine and after a period of time, more and more,crackling sound is heard through the headphones. In the same time microphone continues to work fine. I did try updating the system and sound troubleshooter, but did not help. Its important to notice that same headphones work completely fine on my ThinkPad. So, I presume there is something going on with the USB ports. It doesn't matter which USB port I'm using on the Surface Book 2 or on docking station. Changing parameters in Headset Earphone Properties like disabling enhancements or changing quality/format or mode doesn't help. Switching same application sound from headphones to speakers continues without crackling sound on speakers. Any idea how to solve this issue? i don't want to switch to ThinkPad :-

:)

Sven Kelemen, Apr 3, 2020

2. Help! Acer laptop crackling sound with headphones

Hi,

The crackling sound from your device when using headphones can be due to either hardware or software related issues. To isolate your concern, we'd like to ask the following:

• Have you made any changes on your device prior to your concern?
    • What other troubleshooting steps have you performed to resolve your concern?
    • Have you tried using a different headphones? If yes, did you encounter the same issue?

As an initial step we suggest that you update your sound driver to eliminate any issues related to faulty or outdated drivers. To do this, you can follow the steps provided on this

link
    on how to update your device drivers.

We're looking forward to your response.

Darwin Dim, Apr 3, 2020
  3. RickNCN Win User
    USB sound card causes distortion and crackling only with my headphones

I'm using a StarTech ICUSBAUDIO USB sound adapter
    Surface Book 2 USB headphones Jabra BIZ 2400 II crackling sound [​IMG]
    on a Windows 10 laptop. It shows up as a C-Media audio device.

If I plug my -known good- Bose "On Ear Headphones"
    Surface Book 2 USB headphones Jabra BIZ 2400 II crackling sound [​IMG]
    into the output jack, I get very low volume and a lot of distortion and crackling.

If I plug my speaker plug into the output, the sound is crystal clear.

The headphones work perfectly with my desktop so I know they are good. What could be going on? Is it an impedance mismatch?

I had some trouble finding the input impedance of my Bose "On Ear Headphones", but a reference website measured them at about 25ohms average depending on frequency. I think they're probably rated at 32ohms in specs I'd guess.. Using the industry standard 1/8 rule, the output impedance should be about 3-4ohms. IDK what the actual output impedance is on it.

Could this be causing my problems?
    *Confused

RickNCN, Apr 3, 2020
  4. Brink Win User

Surface Book 2 USB headphones Jabra BIZ 2400 II crackling sound

Boot Surface Laptop to USB - no Volume button

Hello Jimmy, Surface Book 2 USB headphones Jabra BIZ 2400 II crackling sound :)

This doesn't list the "Surface Laptop", but you might give it a try to see.

*Arrow Boot Microsoft Surface from a USB device

Otherwise, you should be able to use OPTION ONE below to boot from the USB from advanced startup.

*Arrow Boot from USB Drive on Windows 10 PC Windows 10 Installation Upgrade Tutorials

Brink, Apr 3, 2020
Thema:

Surface Book 2 USB headphones Jabra BIZ 2400 II crackling sound

1. Surface Book 2 USB headphones Jabra BIZ 2400 II crackling sound - Similar Threads - Surface Book USB

2. Surface Book 2 Ethernet

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Surface Book 2 Ethernet: Hi I have a Surface Book 2 and a Surface Dock, recently my ethernet LAN just disappear not sure why. I have tried rebooting, surface diagnostic, change lan cable and tested lan cable in other device in it worked fine. but not on my SB2. I checked that there is no driver...
  3. Bluetooth Headphones randomy disconnect with Surface Book 2

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bluetooth Headphones randomy disconnect with Surface Book 2: Hi I have a my Surface Book 2 connected to my Skullcandy Indy Bluetooth Headphones. I have used them for some time without issue, now they started randomly disconnecting after about 10 minutes or so. This doesn't happen when they are connected to my mobile devices. How can...
  4. Jabra Elite 65T Headphones PC no sound

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Jabra Elite 65T Headphones PC no sound: So I've had this issue for a few months and gave up on it but thought I'd try posting on Reddit for a possible fix. My Bluetooth headphones are paired with the PC and connect successfully. I can select them as the output device but no sound comes through. If I 'remove device'...
  5. Surface Go 2, Surface Book 3, Surface Headphones 2 and Surface Earbuds

in Windows 10 News
    Surface Go 2, Surface Book 3, Surface Headphones 2 and Surface Earbuds: Available for preorder today, new Surface devices and accessories are designed to help you work, learn, connect and play from anywhere [ATTACH] The way we work, connect and learn continues to change right in front of us. Our devices have become our window to the world...
  6. Surface Book 2 USB-C Ethernet

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Surface Book 2 USB-C Ethernet: Hey all, I have been using a USB-C port to attach a generic dongle with HDMI, USB, and Ethernet ports to my Surface Book 2. It has been working great, but recently, my ethernet connection will just disconnect. I looked in the device manager > network adapters tab, and there...
  7. Surface Book 2 USB and Docking Problems

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Surface Book 2 USB and Docking Problems: Has anyone encountered this issue? ALWAYS after startup, my Surface Book 2 touchpad freezes for 1-3 seconds several times. After it's done freezing, it gives off the "USB has connected" sound, stops freezing, then does it again and again for about 4-5 times. After it's done...
  8. Surface Book 2 USB and Docking Problems

in Windows 10 Support
    Surface Book 2 USB and Docking Problems: Has anyone encountered this issue? ALWAYS after startup, my Surface Book 2 touchpad freezes for 1-3 seconds several times. After it's done freezing, it gives off the "USB has connected" sound, stops freezing, then does it again and again for about 4-5 times. After it's done...
  9. Surface Book 2

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Surface Book 2: I am trying to run Flash files on my Surface Book 2 and have had no success. I have downloaded adobe flash. Is there something I need to do? Does Flash work on the Surface Book 2?...
  10. Surface Book 2 overheating

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Surface Book 2 overheating: Okay so I know the Surface Books have an issue with overheating. I absolutely LOVE my computer but obviously the overheating is an issue. Other posts talk about how its their screen that has the issue. I've even seen where the battery in the screen swoll up. My keyboard is...