Windows 10: Surface Book 3 Audio Properties & Device Security Core isolation

Discus and support Surface Book 3 Audio Properties & Device Security Core isolation in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Just sent my daughter off to school with one and its on its way back for an exchange from BB. MS tech work remotely on her machine for a couple of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by atcsam, Aug 8, 2020.

1. atcsam Win User

Surface Book 3 Audio Properties & Device Security Core isolation

Just sent my daughter off to school with one and its on its way back for an exchange from BB.

MS tech work remotely on her machine for a couple of hours, said it had hardware issues and should be returned.

The problems she's having I've seen addressed on and off since 2018 on surface devices. I suspect her new one will have the same issues and I'll have to fix it long distance

1. Hiss White noise before and after playing any audio file or video.

2. Audio device properties, unable to change/ no options for bit/sample rates. Fixed at 24bit 4800

3. Unable to turn off Memory Integrity grayed out her account is "administrator"

I understand there is a registry hack that may or may not fix issue 3 and feel this might be causing problems updating the drivers....

Have not seen or found and reliable solutions so far...

Dad

:)

atcsam, Aug 8, 2020

2. How to disable Core Isolation on a Surface Book 3?

Good day everyone,

I' trying to run Nox Player (Free Android Emulator on PC and Mac - Download NoxPlayer) on a new Surface Book 3, but Windows keep telling me it's not compatible. Following Nox's how-to guide, they say to disable Core
    Isolation, but according to Windows that setting is managed by the system administrator, when the Surface Book 3 is my own machine, with only one account on it, and of course with admin privileges.

I've tried a common gpedit.msc "trick" of changing a setting and then changing it back, but the Core Protection setting is always out of reach.

Are there special steps I need to take to disable Core Isolation on a Surface Book 3?

BriareosKerensky, Aug 8, 2020
  3. David Haz Win User
    Windows audio device graph isolation problem

Hello,

Windows Audio Device Graph Isolation is an official part of Windows and serves as the primary audio engine in Windows 10. It handles the audio enhancement effects provided by Windows. If you are using any enhancements, we suggest that you disable them and
    see if the sounds stops. You may disable your enhancements by following the steps below:

• Right-click the Volume icon in the Taskbar.
    • Click Sounds.
    • From the Sound window, click the Playback tab, then select the device that you suspect is causing the issue.
    • Click Properties.
    • On the Enhancements tab, click the Disable all enhancements checkbox.
    • Click OK.

David Haz, Aug 8, 2020
  4. Brink Win User

September Updates for Surface Pro 4, Surface Book, and Surface 3

Source: September Updates for Surface Pro 4, Surface Book, and Surface 3 Surface

Brink, Aug 8, 2020
Thema:

1. Surface Book 3 Audio Properties & Device Security Core isolation - Similar Threads - Surface Book Audio

2. Memory Integrity / Core Isolation / Device Security

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Memory Integrity / Core Isolation / Device Security: I keep getting a notification that Memory Integrity is not turned on.So when I go to turn it on, It tells me that I can not.When I press the scan button, it runs a scan, and when I select review incompatible drivers, there are none listed.How do I solve this?I have a Dell G7...
  3. Device Security not always showing Core Isolation

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Device Security not always showing Core Isolation: When I started up windows today I noticed the LSA notification for Windows Security. It's asking me to turn LSA on and restart when LSA is already on. Additionally I'm getting the event 6155 warnings and in the Device Security window it alternates between my device having the...
  4. Device Security not always showing Core Isolation

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Device Security not always showing Core Isolation: When I started up windows today I noticed the LSA notification for Windows Security. It's asking me to turn LSA on and restart when LSA is already on. Additionally I'm getting the event 6155 warnings and in the Device Security window it alternates between my device having the...
  5. Device security/ Core Isolation/ Memory Integerty

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Device security/ Core Isolation/ Memory Integerty: Memory integrity is turned off because of an incompatible driver. driver is from Phase One A/S I don't have anything from that company. Device is p1c1394_ws03_x64.sys, version 1.84.0.0, Published name oem5.inf. I would like to turn on Memory Integrity, but I can't do to this...
  6. Device security/ Core Isolation/ Memory Integerty

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Device security/ Core Isolation/ Memory Integerty: Memory integrity is turned off because of an incompatible driver. driver is from Phase One A/S I don't have anything from that company. Device is p1c1394_ws03_x64.sys, version 1.84.0.0, Published name oem5.inf. I would like to turn on Memory Integrity, but I can't do to this...
  7. Windows Security / Device security / Core isolation - Incompatible

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Security / Device security / Core isolation - Incompatible: Sooo, I can't seem to turn on Windows 10 Pro 20H2 19042.1052 - Windows Security / Device security / Core isolation because my Intel graphics drivers on my Surface Pro 3 are not compatible. Windows Update is all up to date and there are no optional updates. Anyone using newer...
  8. Device Security - Core Isolation

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Device Security - Core Isolation: Hi there, I'm trying to enable core isolation under the Device Security within Windows Defender but have come across an issue. I have an incompatible driver preventing the core isolation from enabling. The driver is named ftdibus.sys which is located in...
  9. How to disable Core Isolation on a Surface Book 3?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to disable Core Isolation on a Surface Book 3?: Good day everyone, I' trying to run Nox Player https://www.bignox.com/ on a new Surface Book 3, but Windows keep telling me it's not compatible. Following Nox's how-to guide, they say to disable Core Isolation, but according to Windows that setting is managed by the system...
  10. How to disable Core Protection on a Surface Book 3?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to disable Core Protection on a Surface Book 3?: Good day everyone, I' trying to run Nox Player https://www.bignox.com/ on a new Surface Book 3, but Windows keep telling me it's not compatible. Following Nox's how-to guide, they say to disable Core Protection, but according to Windows that setting is managed by the system...