Windows 10: Surface Book 3: Facial recognition does not work correctly and random black screens

Discus and support Surface Book 3: Facial recognition does not work correctly and random black screens in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I have deleted and re-added facial recognition but it never works for more than a couple of hours. Also, I get random black screens that don't recover... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Coopenator3000, Nov 21, 2020.

1. Surface Book 3: Facial recognition does not work correctly and random black screens

I have deleted and re-added facial recognition but it never works for more than a couple of hours. Also, I get random black screens that don't recover on without interaction. Typing on the keyboard has brought it back all but one time.

Note: the black screen happens in all situations, idle less than the time out, while browsing, typing and using the mouse.

Is there anyone else having either of these issues with 13.5 Surfacebook 3?

:)

Coopenator3000, Nov 21, 2020
  2. Jay Jap Win User

Facial recognition

Hello Bill,

We need to do further investigation on your concern so that we will know why the facial recognition quit working:

• Have you recently made any changes/updates prior to this issue?
    • Is there an error message when you try to sign using facial recognition?
    • What is the make and model of your computer?

In the meantime, I would suggest that you perform the troubleshooting steps in this
    article.

We will wait for your response.

Regards.

Jay Jap, Nov 21, 2020
  3. Facial Recognition problem on Surface Pro 4

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to install any pending updates available and check for the status.

Also, suggest you to reset the Facial recognition by following the steps provided below:

• Go to Settings > Accounts > Sign-in options and locate Windows Hello.
    • Select the infrared IR camera option.
    • A “Welcome to Windows Hello” box will pop up. Press the “Get Started” button.
    • Set up a PIN code if prompted to do so. If you already have one, this step will be skipped.
    • Scan your face by following the on-screen instructions. For best results, hold your face six-to-eight inches away from the front of your Surface.
    • Select “Finish” to complete scanning or choose “Improve Recognition” to continue scanning.

Hope the information is helpful. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Nov 21, 2020
  4. Surface Book 3: Facial recognition does not work correctly and random black screens

facial recognition

Hello,

Facial Recognition was developed as part of the new security features of Windows 10. We would like to confirm if you are
    trying to turn off the Facial Recognition feature for Windows Hello or for the
    Windows 10 Camera app?

If you are requesting to turn off the Facial Recognition feature for Windows Hello, you can follow these steps:

• Go to Settings.
    • Select Accounts.
    • Click Sign-in options.
    • Under Picture password, click Remove.

However, we have yet to include the option to turn off Facial Recognition feature in Windows 10 Camera app. We suggest that you
    submit a suggestion to our Feedback Hub. Your feedback helps us continually improve your experience with our products. To submit a feedback, follow the instruction below:

• Open the Windows 10 Camera app.
    • Click the Gear icon located at the upper right corner of the screen.
    • Scroll down, click Send Feedback.

Let us know if you have other questions.

Jefferson Ore, Nov 21, 2020
Thema:

Surface Book 3: Facial recognition does not work correctly and random black screens

1. Surface Book 3: Facial recognition does not work correctly and random black screens - Similar Threads - Surface Book Facial

2. Surface Book 3 Screen randomly freezing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Surface Book 3 Screen randomly freezing: Good day everyone, and thanks in advance for any replies!For the past few days, my Surface Book 3 screen has been freezing randomly.In fact, it is only the display on the internal screen that freezes, otherwise the PC continues to run normally. I know that because a second...
  3. Surface Book 3 Screen randomly freezing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Surface Book 3 Screen randomly freezing: Good day everyone, and thanks in advance for any replies!For the past few days, my Surface Book 3 screen has been freezing randomly.In fact, it is only the display on the internal screen that freezes, otherwise the PC continues to run normally. I know that because a second...
  4. Surface Book Black Screen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Surface Book Black Screen: Hello, I’ve recently experienced the black screen after logging into my surface book. I’ve tried the methods listed under: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/sbs/windows/troubleshoot-black-screen-or-blank-screen-errors-79bcd941-5c32-5da9-9a99-9ed1a53b0d94I had a black screen...
  5. Surface Book Black Screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Surface Book Black Screen: Hello, I’ve recently experienced the black screen after logging into my surface book. I’ve tried the methods listed under: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/sbs/windows/troubleshoot-black-screen-or-blank-screen-errors-79bcd941-5c32-5da9-9a99-9ed1a53b0d94I had a black screen...
  6. Surface Book Black Screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Surface Book facial recognition lets in my boyfriend too?

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Surface Book facial recognition lets in my boyfriend too?: My surface book's facial recognition seems to be seriously malfunctioning. For the past maybe 6 months could be longer, my boyfriend's face quickly unlocks my computer, which we noticed when he opened my computer once to watch a movie. We look nothing at all alike but it lets...
  8. Hello Facial Recognition Stopped working for my new Surface 3 Laptop

Hello Facial Recognition Stopped working for my new Surface 3 Laptop: Hello, I got this laptop a few weeks ago and all of a suddon the facial recognition stopped working. I read some forms to stop and restart the biometrics driver but the driver for some reason doesn't exist anymore on my device manager... it looks like it has been deleted....
  9. Facial Recognition not working on Surface Laptop 2

Facial Recognition not working on Surface Laptop 2: Face recognition became very unreliable, for no reason that I can see. Sometimes it works, but more often, it does not. I have to wait for a long time until it gives up and I can enter the PIN. I tried to delete my recognition information and started again, but this did not...
  10. facial recognition to sign into surface

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    facial recognition to sign into surface: I reset my OS back to the current one after the October Updates., I installed the device not in a corporate group My facial recognition is no longer working says that their are not devices to do this. How can I get the facial recognition to work again,. It is like the...