Windows 10: Surface book: Battery 2 (Keyboard) not charging and volume button opening ctrl+alt+del menu

Discus and support Surface book: Battery 2 (Keyboard) not charging and volume button opening ctrl+alt+del menu in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; The laptop's been working fine over the past couple of years, but now it's just not working as intended. When i press the volume down button, it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by RIP PYTHON, Sep 20, 2019.

1. Surface book: Battery 2 (Keyboard) not charging and volume button opening ctrl+alt+del menu

The laptop's been working fine over the past couple of years, but now it's just not working as intended.

When i press the volume down button, it brings up the ctrl+alt+del menu.

Battery 2 wont charge, online i've read that battery 2 is the screen battery, but when i remove my screen it indicates battery one being the one in use. This leads me to belive that battery 1 is my screen battery and 2, my keyboard. The device works as a tablet (without keyboard) and the keyboard is working fine, when attached.

It's occured to me that I should update the drivers, but theyre "all up to date" and im caught at the dilema, if i uninstall the working battery, as opposed to the one that doesnt work, my laptop will die die.

What should i do? (Note: i cant boot into bios)

:)

RIP PYTHON, Sep 20, 2019
  2. erik9631 Win User

CTRL + ALT + DEL menu not rendered at the top

Okay first of all.

It is DEFINITELY not a RAM problem. I have 16GB. The operating system is running in the background and is responding when I press CTRL + ALT + DEL, cause you can see the circle next to the cursor. The cursor responds as well..

Second, some people suggested me to use CTRL + SHIFT + ESC, I have not tried, but I will. Also this is not my problem. My problem is that the CTRL ALT DEL menu among which you can chose to turn on the task manager gives me black screen. Alt tabbing does not work with ANY software that is frozen in fullscreen, but that is normal.

On windows 7 this was not an issue. When nothing worked, ctrl alt del always worked.

On windows 10, CTRL alt deleting does not work, with some full screen applications.

erik9631, Sep 20, 2019
  3. Ctrl Alt Del, Vista

The whole Ctrl+Shift+Esc should be used to get that crazy screen with those options and Ctrl+Alt+Del should bring up TM.

CrAsHnBuRnXp, Sep 20, 2019
  4. jonmcc33 Win User

Surface book: Battery 2 (Keyboard) not charging and volume button opening ctrl+alt+del menu

Ctrl Alt Del, Vista

On a domain you won't get Task Manager when you hit Ctrl+Alt+Del. You get a crazy screen with a bunch of options.

Ctrl+Shift+Esc has always brought up just the Task Manager, even back to Windows XP days. You just weren't aware of it. *Wink Surface book: Battery 2 (Keyboard) not charging and volume button opening ctrl+alt+del menu ;)

Go ahead, try it in Windows XP too.

jonmcc33, Sep 20, 2019
Thema:

Surface book: Battery 2 (Keyboard) not charging and volume button opening ctrl+alt+del menu

1. Surface book: Battery 2 (Keyboard) not charging and volume button opening ctrl+alt+del menu - Similar Threads - Surface book Battery

2. Surface book 2 battery not charging

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Surface book 2 battery not charging: Hello,Unfortunately there was coffee spilled on the surface book. We let it dry and started a couple days later. Everything works fine, but the battery won't charge, it works if it's connected though.When we disconnect the tablet, we can charge the tablet battery, but not the...
  3. Surface book 2 battery not charging

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Surface book 2 battery not charging: Hello,Unfortunately there was coffee spilled on the surface book. We let it dry and started a couple days later. Everything works fine, but the battery won't charge, it works if it's connected though.When we disconnect the tablet, we can charge the tablet battery, but not the...
  4. Surface book 2 battery not charging

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. When I presse the alt key it opens the "ctrl+alt+del menu"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When I presse the alt key it opens the "ctrl+alt+del menu": When i press alt it override everthing! The right alt key is fine this issue is only on the left alt key. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-i-presse-the-alt-key-it-opens-the-ctrlaltdel/e109b53c-91f1-403b-ab72-63c03f46423e
  6. When I presse the alt key it opens the "ctrl+alt+del menu"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    When I presse the alt key it opens the "ctrl+alt+del menu": When i press alt it override everthing! The right alt key is fine this issue is only on the left alt key. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-i-presse-the-alt-key-it-opens-the-ctrlaltdel/e109b53c-91f1-403b-ab72-63c03f46423e
  7. Battery Not Charging on Surface Book

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Battery Not Charging on Surface Book: I have a surface book with Windows 10. After my last update last week odd things started happening. The battery refused to charge above 20% and various battery power savings had been switched on that I didn't ask for. I've managed to switch off these savers and my battery...
  8. Ctrl+Alt+Del

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Ctrl+Alt+Del: When I start the computer it is locked. It is asking for Ctrl+Alt+Del to be entered. When I do this there is no response. I cannot get to the password entry; the keyboard doesn't respond. How do I fix this?...
  9. Surface Pro or Surface Book battery not charging

in Windows 10 News
    Surface Pro or Surface Book battery not charging: [ATTACH] Surface devices, especially the Surface Book devices are pretty complex. The Surface Book’s display can be taken off to be used as a tablet whereas the Surface Pro is a tablet which gets an external keyboard (type cover) and a [...] This post Surface Pro or Surface...
  10. CTRL + ALT + DEL menu not rendered at the top

in Windows 10 Support
    CTRL + ALT + DEL menu not rendered at the top: This is a terribly annoying problem. Whenever I play a game such as Garry's mod which is running on the old source engine and tends to freeze while joining servers, force quitting it with CTRL + ALT + DEL is completely impossible. The issue is that whenever I press CTRL +...