Windows 10: Surface book change to Laptop 4 - Two monitors but only one display works

Discus and support Surface book change to Laptop 4 - Two monitors but only one display works in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hi, I recently changed my computer from Surface book to Laptop 4. My surface connected with 2 external monitors. However, the Laptop 4 can only use 1... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by SWxxx, May 27, 2022.

1. SWxxx Win User

Surface book change to Laptop 4 - Two monitors but only one display works

Hi, I recently changed my computer from Surface book to Laptop 4. My surface connected with 2 external monitors. However, the Laptop 4 can only use 1 external monitor. In the display setting, it shows 3 screens including the laptop screen itself, and 2 externals. The setting is to extend this display and make the laptop screen as the main screen. In short, it is the same setting as Surface. The problem is that I only can extend to one monitor and the other one is just showing the desktop home screen, but I can't drag anything to there. As it is a brand new laptop 4, all the graphics apps are

:)

SWxxx, May 27, 2022
  2. Brink Win User

Updates for Surface Book and Surface Pro 4 March 7th 2017

Source: https://blogs.technet.microsoft.com/...-7-march-2017/

Brink, May 27, 2022
  3. Brink Win User
    Updates for Surface Book and Surface Pro 4 March 7th 2017

Source: https://blogs.technet.microsoft.com/...-7-march-2017/

Brink, May 27, 2022
  4. Brink Win User

Updates for Surface Book and Surface Pro 4 - April 5th 2017

Source: Updates for Surface Book and Surface Pro 4 (05 April 2017) Surface

See also:

Brink, May 27, 2022
Thema:

1. Surface book change to Laptop 4 - Two monitors but only one display works - Similar Threads - Surface book change

2. Two monitors, both detected but only one displays. Why?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Two monitors, both detected but only one displays. Why?: Have just built up a new machine and am having trouble with my monitors. One works fine, but the other just displays a black screen.The monitors and graphics cards have been carried over from my last PC which had no issues, and dual screen works fine when I connect up my work...
  3. Two monitors, both detected but only one displays. Why?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Two monitors, both detected but only one displays. Why?: Have just built up a new machine and am having trouble with my monitors. One works fine, but the other just displays a black screen.The monitors and graphics cards have been carried over from my last PC which had no issues, and dual screen works fine when I connect up my work...
  4. Can I connect two additional monitors to Surface 4 Laptop?

Can I connect two additional monitors to Surface 4 Laptop?: Hello,Can I connect two additional monitors to Surface 4 Laptop ? I have usb C to HDMI and VGA adapter, but it detect two monitors as one output and showing same screen on both monitors.If Surface 4 laptop support two additional monitors, please suggest the cheap and best...
  5. Two Monitors, Duplicated Display, Computer only detects one

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Two Monitors, Duplicated Display, Computer only detects one: Current Setup:Microsoft Surface Laptop 3 Windows 11 HomeA-Port Active C200 Multi HubDell U2515H x 2Multi hub is plugged into the laptop USB-C port.Both monitors are connected to the multi hub using HDMI-to-HDMI cables.In the display setting, only two displays are detected.Two...
  6. Two Monitors, Duplicated Display, Computer only detects one

Two Monitors, Duplicated Display, Computer only detects one: Current Setup:Microsoft Surface Laptop 3 Windows 11 HomeA-Port Active C200 Multi HubDell U2515H x 2Multi hub is plugged into the laptop USB-C port.Both monitors are connected to the multi hub using HDMI-to-HDMI cables.In the display setting, only two displays are detected.Two...
  7. Surface book change to Laptop 4 - Two monitors but only one display works

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Surface book change to Laptop 4 - Two monitors but only one display works: Hi, I recently changed my computer from Surface book to Laptop 4. My surface connected with 2 external monitors. However, the Laptop 4 can only use 1 external monitor. In the display setting, it shows 3 screens including the laptop screen itself, and 2 externals. The setting...
  8. Surface book change to Laptop 4 - Two monitors but only one display works

Surface book change to Laptop 4 - Two monitors but only one display works: Hi, I recently changed my computer from Surface book to Laptop 4. My surface connected with 2 external monitors. However, the Laptop 4 can only use 1 external monitor. In the display setting, it shows 3 screens including the laptop screen itself, and 2 externals. The setting...
  9. Laptop will only detect one of two monitors

Laptop will only detect one of two monitors: Hi! I added a third monitor today and it was recognized, but it caused my second monitor NOT to work. I'm on a Lenovo Thinkpad T430. The second monitor is a Samsung and the new monitor is from Lenovo. Samsung is connected via HDMI; the Lenovo is connected via a parallel...
  10. Two monitors but only one display works

Two monitors but only one display works: I have two monitors displaying the Windows 10 screen and all of my shortcut buttons. I have gone through display settings and extending the displays. I have them set up in the right sequence. When I click on the 2nd monitor, everything appears on the 1st monitor. I...