Windows 10: Surface Book goes to sleep after 30 seconds after upgrade to Build 17763

Discus and support Surface Book goes to sleep after 30 seconds after upgrade to Build 17763 in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hi, I have a newly unboxed Surface Book (it is a spare we have not opened for over a year). Using the Media Creation Tool, I upgraded Windows 10 on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Don_7, Jan 18, 2019.

1. Don_7 Win User

Surface Book goes to sleep after 30 seconds after upgrade to Build 17763

Hi,

I have a newly unboxed Surface Book (it is a spare we have not opened for over a year). Using the Media Creation Tool, I upgraded Windows 10 on the machine.

From System Information, it is now running Windows 10 Pro, Version 10.0.17763 Build 17763

It goes to sleep after 30 seconds every time I start it or bring it back from sleep. I have timed it with a stopwatch and this is very consistent. This is very annoying since I cannot do much diagnosis of the machine when it goes to sleep every 30 seconds.

I read in a different post that I could uninstall the display adapter. However, in the Device Manager, there are two display adapters: Intel HD Graphics 520 and NVIDIA GeForce GTX 965M. If the solution is to uninstall the display adapter, I have four questions:

1) Which display adapter (Intel or NVIDIA) should I uninstall? Or, should I uninstall both?

2) This is a simple question, but, I figure I should ask: If I uninstall a display adapter, does that mean the display will no longer work?

3) To uninstall a display adapter, should I select "Uninstall Device" from the Drivers tab of the properties for the display adapter?

4) What do I do after uninstalling the display adapters?

Thanks,

Don

:)

Don_7, Jan 18, 2019

2. Computer goes to sleep every 30 seconds

Hello,

Sorry I think you misunderstood me.

The computer resumes from the sleep just fine. My problem is if I leave my desk for 30 seconds, it goes into sleep. That shouldn't happen because my power plan settings is 30 minutes.

Hope I am clear this time.

Regards

Omid

Omid Shojaee, Jan 18, 2019
  3. Brink Win User
    Updates for Surface Book and Surface Pro 4 - April 5th 2017

Source: Updates for Surface Book and Surface Pro 4 (05 April 2017) Surface

See also:

Brink, Jan 18, 2019
  4. Surface Book goes to sleep after 30 seconds after upgrade to Build 17763

Computer goes to sleep every 30 seconds

Hello,

I am on Windows 10 Build 1803.

My selected power plan is the built-in "Balanced" plan so my computer should go to sleep after 30 minutes, instead, it is 30 seconds.

It just drives me crazy.

Please advise.

Regards

Omid

Omid Shojaee, Jan 18, 2019
Thema:

Surface Book goes to sleep after 30 seconds after upgrade to Build 17763

1. Surface Book goes to sleep after 30 seconds after upgrade to Build 17763 - Similar Threads - Surface Book goes

2. My laptop goes into sleep mode after few seconds

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    My laptop goes into sleep mode after few seconds: hi, My Laptop goes into sleep mode after few secondsI am so annoyed.all my sleep settings are in NEVER, yet it goes into sleep mode.I restarted my laptop, it worked fine for sometime, but then its going into sleep again.Wondering if the IT team has hidden service running to...
  3. My laptop goes into sleep mode after few seconds

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My laptop goes into sleep mode after few seconds: hi, My Laptop goes into sleep mode after few secondsI am so annoyed.all my sleep settings are in NEVER, yet it goes into sleep mode.I restarted my laptop, it worked fine for sometime, but then its going into sleep again.Wondering if the IT team has hidden service running to...
  4. My laptop goes into sleep mode after few seconds

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. LG Gram Windows 11 laptop: Screen goes to sleep after 30 seconds when PLUGGED IN

in Windows 10 Gaming
    LG Gram Windows 11 laptop: Screen goes to sleep after 30 seconds when PLUGGED IN: This might be a hardware issue, but I don't know whom to ask because I called LG and the tech support person didn't have a clue. Please direct me to an appropriate forum if this question doesn't belong here.I have a brand new 16" 2-in-1 touchscreen laptop computer. It works...
  6. LG Gram Windows 11 laptop: Screen goes to sleep after 30 seconds when PLUGGED IN

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    LG Gram Windows 11 laptop: Screen goes to sleep after 30 seconds when PLUGGED IN: This might be a hardware issue, but I don't know whom to ask because I called LG and the tech support person didn't have a clue. Please direct me to an appropriate forum if this question doesn't belong here.I have a brand new 16" 2-in-1 touchscreen laptop computer. It works...
  7. Surface Book goes to a black screen after latest Windows update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Surface Book goes to a black screen after latest Windows update: This is the problem: After the latest Windows update, my Surface Book goes to a black screen. After moving the mouse for a few seconds I can get it back, but it is very annoying. There are no connection problems, and nothing has changed since before I did the update. Also,...
  8. Surface Dock 2 locks up for about 30 seconds with Surface Book 2 randomly

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Surface Dock 2 locks up for about 30 seconds with Surface Book 2 randomly: I have a Surface Book 2 plugged into a Surface Dock 2. Every day or so, generally when I am on a webcall Teams, Zoom, or Webex, my mouse, keyboard, usb speaker, and usb webcam all plugged into the dock temporarily stop responding. My monitor, which is also plugged in to the...
  9. no wifi connection after sleep on Surface Book

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    no wifi connection after sleep on Surface Book: On my Surface Book I have no internet connection after I wake it up from sleep. Wifi is connected, but just showing no internet. Turning it off and on again helps sometimes, but sometimes I have to reboot. Seriously annoyed by this and probably the last time I'll use one of...
  10. Surface Book - after update screen goes Green/Red

in Windows 10 Customization
    Surface Book - after update screen goes Green/Red: Hi, Last week I was prompted to update Win 10. After the upgrade, my screen was displaying violent levels of green and red, alternating between the two colours. It was also very hard to read as some of the display appeared to be negative. If I went go Settings, Display,...