Windows 10: Surface Book keeps typing letter "b" but "b" key not working!

Discus and support Surface Book keeps typing letter "b" but "b" key not working! in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi My Surface Book keeps typing the letter "b". As soon as the Surface Book starts and at the login screen it starts typing b multiple times in the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Bhooma Varadrajan, Apr 20, 2021.

1. Surface Book keeps typing letter "b" but "b" key not working!

Hi

My Surface Book keeps typing the letter "b". As soon as the Surface Book starts and at the login screen it starts typing b multiple times in the password field itself.

I have tried all kinds of troubleshooting:

- Reinstalled the keyboard driver

- Latest Windows update done

- Ran a full virus scan using Defender

- Went to an online Keyboard tester and found that the "b" key does not work.

Could it be a hardware issue? Considering that it starts typing B at startup! Doesn't feel like the B key is stuck.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Bhooma

:)

Bhooma Varadrajan, Apr 20, 2021

2. Connecting B&O H8 Headphones to Surface Book via Bluetooth

My B&O H8 noise cancelling headphones will pair via Bluetooth to my Surface Book but I could not select them as an audio device on the Surface Book. I have seen multiple discussion threads on this same topic but none of those suggestions solved this
    problem. After trying numerous different recommendations I found the solution! Simply delete the paired B&O H8 headphones from the Bluetooth devices list, connect the headphones with the USB charging cable to the Surface Book and then add the headphones as
    a new Bluetooth device and the Surface Book will recognize the headphones as an audio device.

cbsimpson_dc, Apr 20, 2021
  3. Liannxia Win User
    Win 8.1 keeps typing letter b

Hi there,

I am using win 8.1. I have been used it for a long time but recently, the keyboard has kept typing letter "b" even though I don't press any keys on the keyboard. Could you please show me how to fix it?

Hope to hear from you soon.

Thank you.

Liannxia, Apr 20, 2021
  4. Brink Win User

Surface Book keeps typing letter "b" but "b" key not working!

Updates for Surface Pro and Surface Book - Feb. 13

Source: Updates for Surface Pro and Surface Book (13 February 2018) Surface

See also:

Brink, Apr 20, 2021
Thema:

Surface Book keeps typing letter "b" but "b" key not working!

1. Surface Book keeps typing letter "b" but "b" key not working! - Similar Threads - Surface Book keeps

2. how to mody letter spacing a b c

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    how to mody letter spacing a b c: sometime when typing in windows, the letter spacing enlarge about 150%, not in double. [spacing in between abc & a b c ] How can I modify it?...
  3. Drive letters A: & B:

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Drive letters A: & B:: Is there any caveat in assigning drive letter "A:" or "B:" to a DVD drive? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/drive-letters-a-b/0020038d-d43a-443a-b02d-d6a481383d8b
  4. Any problems assigning letter 'B' to an external drive?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Any problems assigning letter 'B' to an external drive?: Hi. I seem to have collected rather a lot of external USB drives, most of which contain Ortho4XP terrain files for X-Plane 11, if that means anything to anyone!, and I am running out of available drive letters... Does anyone know any reason why my latest (4TB) drive should...
  5. Connecting B&O H8 Headphones to Surface Book via Bluetooth

Connecting B&O H8 Headphones to Surface Book via Bluetooth: My B&O H8 noise cancelling headphones will pair via Bluetooth to my Surface Book but I could not select them as an audio device on the Surface Book. I have seen multiple discussion threads on this same topic but none of those suggestions solved this problem. After trying...
  6. N B Space arrow keys stop working sometimes

N B Space arrow keys stop working sometimes: Time after time lower part of the keyboard starts missing key presses. Especially keys N B space down arrow and few others in the same area. It feels like it works most of the time, but sometimes stops working for several hit cycles or until you press other keys. I googled...
  7. Both of my laptop and desktop connot type letter “B” sometimes

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Both of my laptop and desktop connot type letter “B” sometimes: Laptop system version: win10 64-bit 1803 17134.885 model: Clevo W355SQ with i7-4702MQ ES and Nvi GTX860M Desktop system version: win10 64-bit 1809 17763.678 Msi B450 Gaming PRO Carbon, AMD Ryzen 5 2600, Sapphire RX580 8G OC It's not a problem with my keyboard or...
  8. Using B: or even A: as drive letters

Using B: or even A: as drive letters: I stumbled of a support question in a game forum, the guy had bought a new HDD and seemingly assigned its drive letter to B: . *Eek Now, for us older geeks we do recall that A and B was reserved for floppy, but it seems Windows still has issues using those letter for...
  9. Toshiba L750 keys: ` leftshift a b n keys not working suddenly

Toshiba L750 keys: ` leftshift a b n keys not working suddenly: Hey Everyone Started typing on my internal laptop keyboard today and reliased that mainly keys a b and n were not working. So I decided to clean them by taking off the key and white holder, then used a cloth to clean all the dust etc.. both under the rubber button and...
  10. B(lack)SOD

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    B(lack)SOD: Hi guys, I will try to be as concise as I possibly can! I've been running windows 10 for a few months now with no problems. A couple of days ago I've had the BSOD. I didn't download or update anything (although I can't say if any changes were made in the background)...