Windows 10: Surface Book Shuts Down while Plugged In

Discus and support Surface Book Shuts Down while Plugged In in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; When my laptop is plugged in, it shuts down even when I set it to “Never” in Power Options in Control Panel under “Plugged In”. This started happening... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Aki133, Aug 28, 2020.

1. /u/Aki133 Win User

Surface Book Shuts Down while Plugged In

When my laptop is plugged in, it shuts down even when I set it to “Never” in Power Options in Control Panel under “Plugged In”. This started happening awhile ago possibly after an update. I also have Ubuntu Linux installed to dual boot. I would just like my laptop to sleep while plugged in. Thanks.

submitted by /u/Aki133
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Aki133, Aug 28, 2020
  2. Brink Win User

Updates for Surface Pro and Surface Book - Feb. 13

Source: Updates for Surface Pro and Surface Book (13 February 2018) Surface

See also:

Brink, Aug 28, 2020
  3. Brink Win User
    Updates for Surface Pro and Surface Book - Feb. 13

Source: Updates for Surface Pro and Surface Book (13 February 2018) Surface

See also:

Brink, Aug 28, 2020
  4. Brink Win User

Updates for Surface Book and Surface Pro 4 - April 5th 2017

Source: Updates for Surface Book and Surface Pro 4 (05 April 2017) Surface

See also:

Brink, Aug 28, 2020
Thema:

1. Surface Book Shuts Down while Plugged In - Similar Threads - Surface Book Shuts

2. Laptop shut down while plugged in and doesn’t turn on

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Laptop shut down while plugged in and doesn’t turn on: Lenovo gamer laptop ideapad with internal battery. Laptop shutdown with a click while charger is plugged in and now doesn’t turn on or show any sign of charging, what could be the problem? It’s basically dead...
  3. Laptop shut down while plugged in and doesn’t turn on

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop shut down while plugged in and doesn’t turn on: Lenovo gamer laptop ideapad with internal battery. Laptop shutdown with a click while charger is plugged in and now doesn’t turn on or show any sign of charging, what could be the problem? It’s basically dead...
  4. Laptop shut down while plugged in and doesn’t turn on

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Laptop shuts down after a while when the charger is plugged in.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Laptop shuts down after a while when the charger is plugged in.: Hello, I have a Dell Inspiron-3567. I have been using in for 2 years, but recently when i plug in the charger it works for about 30 mins to 1 hour and suddenly shuts down. It wont turn back on unless I reconnect the battery and charger. I tried power draining the laptop but...
  6. Laptop shuts down after a while when the charger is plugged in.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop shuts down after a while when the charger is plugged in.: Hello, I have a Dell Inspiron-3567. I have been using in for 2 years, but recently when i plug in the charger it works for about 30 mins to 1 hour and suddenly shuts down. It wont turn back on unless I reconnect the battery and charger. I tried power draining the laptop but...
  7. Surface Laptop 3 keeps shutting down while plugged in and when I'm using zoom

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Surface Laptop 3 keeps shutting down while plugged in and when I'm using zoom: I've purchased the surface laptop 3 2 months back and it keeps shutting down while I'm on a zoom call and attending classes. I've done all the windows update and tool kits but it still keeps shutting down middle of the zoom class while its plugged in and the battery doesn't...
  8. Surface Laptop 3 keeps shutting down while plugged in and when I'm using zoom

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Surface Laptop 3 keeps shutting down while plugged in and when I'm using zoom: I've purchased the surface laptop 3 2 months back and it keeps shutting down while I'm on a zoom call and attending classes. I've done all the windows update and tool kits but it still keeps shutting down middle of the zoom class while its plugged in and the battery doesn't...
  9. Screen shutting off Surface Book

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Screen shutting off Surface Book: Hello, I have a brand new 16GB 256GB Surface Book 3. Since the last Windows major update throughout the day my screen randomly shuts off. It flickers and goes into a glowing black screen. Moving the mouse or touching the screen doesn't work but hitting a key does. There is...
  10. Surface Book 2 Bluescreen while shutting down

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Surface Book 2 Bluescreen while shutting down: Windows 10 Pro Insider Preview Evaluation copy. Build 18305.rs_prerelease.181213-2133 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/surface-book-2-bluescreen-while-shutting-down/af663989-d7a7-45c6-b415-42da0dbc38bd