Windows 10: Surface book tablet mode sleep/hibernate

Discus and support Surface book tablet mode sleep/hibernate in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have a Surface book 1, still going strong. I have an external monitor through the original Microsoft dock. Recently, to add real estate I started... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by jasonrhoads1, Feb 15, 2022.

1. Surface book tablet mode sleep/hibernate

I have a Surface book 1, still going strong. I have an external monitor through the original Microsoft dock. Recently, to add real estate I started using my surface book in tablet mode on a stand with the power going into the bottom of the tablet giving me a second monitor. The last two days when I show up at my office the surface will not start up unless I hold the power button for 20+ seconds, then a quick press of the power button.I cannot figure out how to set up the sleep/hibernate mode so the surface will come on in the morning with a touch of the external keyboard WS2-00025 or a jiggl

:)

jasonrhoads1, Feb 15, 2022
  2. Brink Win User

Updates for Surface Book and Surface Pro 4 - April 5th 2017

Source: Updates for Surface Book and Surface Pro 4 (05 April 2017) Surface

See also:

Brink, Feb 15, 2022
  3. Brink Win User
    Updates for Surface Book and Surface Pro 4 - April 5th 2017

Source: Updates for Surface Book and Surface Pro 4 (05 April 2017) Surface

See also:

Brink, Feb 15, 2022
  4. KNair97 Win User

Surface book tablet mode sleep/hibernate

Switching to tablet mode in Surface Book

I want my Surface Book to switch to tablet mode whenever I take it off the keyboard and I have set it to do so automatically. However, sometimes it will be connected to the keyboard and randomly switch to the tablet mode. I haven't found anything specific
    that triggers this it seems to happen at random times. It is really just a nuisance but I would like to know if there is anything I can do to resolve this issue.

KNair97, Feb 15, 2022
Thema:

Surface book tablet mode sleep/hibernate

1. Surface book tablet mode sleep/hibernate - Similar Threads - Surface book tablet

2. Hibernation or sleep mode?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hibernation or sleep mode?: While trying to troubleshoot my other issue, it appears that I have encountered a new one.Whenever I leave my computer to go to sleep, it seems like my computer randomly shuts down. However, when I press any key, it automatically boots back up. I did disable...
  3. Hibernation or sleep mode?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Hibernation or sleep mode?: While trying to troubleshoot my other issue, it appears that I have encountered a new one.Whenever I leave my computer to go to sleep, it seems like my computer randomly shuts down. However, when I press any key, it automatically boots back up. I did disable...
  4. Hibernation or sleep mode?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Surface book tablet mode sleep/hibernate

Surface book tablet mode sleep/hibernate: I have a Surface book 1, still going strong. I have an external monitor through the original Microsoft dock. Recently, to add real estate I started using my surface book in tablet mode on a stand with the power going into the bottom of the tablet giving me a second monitor....
  6. Surface book tablet mode sleep/hibernate

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Surface book tablet mode sleep/hibernate: I have a Surface book 1, still going strong. I have an external monitor through the original Microsoft dock. Recently, to add real estate I started using my surface book in tablet mode on a stand with the power going into the bottom of the tablet giving me a second monitor....
  7. sleep mode -hibernation mode-wakening

sleep mode -hibernation mode-wakening: Hello. I have a question/query .Why with hibernation mode my laptop wake up ''only from me'' and only if i touch power button and with sleep mode wake up itself?I now about task scheduler and that are many programs that are running at specific hours i see many processes like...
  8. Sleep and hibernate modes

in Windows 10 Customization
    Sleep and hibernate modes: When I put my computer into either sleep mode or hibernate, the apps are closed down after a certain amount of time, making these modes useless. Is there a fix for this?...
  9. Sleep and Hibernate mode restart

Sleep and Hibernate mode restart: How do I wake my desktop back up after I put it into Sleep or Hibernate mode? It seems I always have to completely restart my computer and I don't want that....
  10. Charge in Sleep and Hibernation Modes

Charge in Sleep and Hibernation Modes: Can someone confirm if, when my laptop lid is shut but mains charger plugged in, battery charging still continues - either when in sleep or hibernation mode? (My settings are currently set to "sleep" when lid is closed.) Second, what is the difference between sleep and...