Windows 10: Surface Bricked and can't recover because bitlocker key now showing up in my account.

Discus and support Surface Bricked and can't recover because bitlocker key now showing up in my account. in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I recently started using my personal Surface for work while my work laptop is being repaired. This morning windows crashed on the Surface and I cannot... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by anon10008, Jul 24, 2018.

1. anon10008 Win User

Surface Bricked and can't recover because bitlocker key now showing up in my account.

I recently started using my personal Surface for work while my work laptop is being repaired. This morning windows crashed on the Surface and I cannot repair it or even do a clean install because the drive is locked with bitlocker.

When I log into my personal MSFT account (which is the account I log into Windows with on the surface) i see a list of bitlocker keys for my other devices but not my surface. I tried the same URL with my office365 work account and it does not even provide a link of bitlocker devices. I checked with my work help desk and they confirmed that they don't have a bitlocker key for my device assigned to my work account either.

I can't seem to figure out which account the bitlocker key is saved to and my surface is bricked until then. How can I recover my device?

Thank you.

:)

anon10008, Jul 24, 2018

2. Surface & Bitlocker

I have a Surface RT.

I have the usual Bitlocker recovery key demand on startup.

I have checked my Microsoft account, and there are no keys saved.

I've had the device since October 2013, and have never had this issue! I'm assuming it may have been turned on by a "junior user" within the family. I'm assuming that without the key, that it's bricked?

Is there a way to factory restore to recover from this? I'm aware that i'll lose all my files and settings.....

Thanks

JackyReeve, Jul 24, 2018
  3. Karla Alm Win User
    Bitlocker Recovery Key

Hello,

To help you with your concern, may we confirm if what changes did you make to your computer before you experience the issue?

For the meantime, we suggest recovering your wife's account first through the steps provided on this
    link. After recovering her account, check if you have an email there for the Bitlocker Recovery Key.

Let us know the result.

Karla Alm, Jul 24, 2018
  4. Xylee Del Win User

Surface Bricked and can't recover because bitlocker key now showing up in my account.

Xylee Del, Jul 24, 2018
Thema:

1. Surface Bricked and can't recover because bitlocker key now showing up in my account. - Similar Threads - Surface Bricked can't

2. Bitlocker recover key not uploaded to Microsoft account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bitlocker recover key not uploaded to Microsoft account: There was a hardware issue with my laptop and now its is asking for the bitlocker recovery key on bootup. The machine has not had bitlocker specifically enabled so I'm assuming it was done automatically once I had signed into my microsoft account. When I logon to my microsoft...
  3. Bitlocker recover key not uploaded to Microsoft account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bitlocker recover key not uploaded to Microsoft account: There was a hardware issue with my laptop and now its is asking for the bitlocker recovery key on bootup. The machine has not had bitlocker specifically enabled so I'm assuming it was done automatically once I had signed into my microsoft account. When I logon to my microsoft...
  4. I can't recover my bitlocker recovery key?

I can't recover my bitlocker recovery key?: Something happened. Wait a bit, then try again. If the issue still persists. I keep getting this error. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-recover-my-bitlocker-recovery-key/a5b282c0-1991-480b-aa75-235aa05d2de9
  5. I can't recover my bitlocker recovery key?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't recover my bitlocker recovery key?: Something happened. Wait a bit, then try again. If the issue still persists. I keep getting this error. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-recover-my-bitlocker-recovery-key/a5b282c0-1991-480b-aa75-235aa05d2de9
  6. Bitlocker key not showing in My Account

Bitlocker key not showing in My Account: My Dell Windows 11 laptop upgraded from Windows 10 a year ago crashed and is stuck on the blue sceren of the machine rest options. I don't want to wipe the machines data so need to input the bitlocker key, but I have never had one presented to me and MS has not added it in to...
  7. Bitlocker key not showing in My Account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bitlocker key not showing in My Account: My Dell Windows 11 laptop upgraded from Windows 10 a year ago crashed and is stuck on the blue sceren of the machine rest options. I don't want to wipe the machines data so need to input the bitlocker key, but I have never had one presented to me and MS has not added it in to...
  8. bitlocker recover can't find key

in Windows 10 Gaming
    bitlocker recover can't find key: I have a personal laptop that has a blue screen requesting bitlocker recover key. The laptop has had Office installed via my work/government ID. I have followed all the steps to find the key and the computer is listed and visible in my work government profile via the...
  9. bitlocker recover can't find key

bitlocker recover can't find key: I have a personal laptop that has a blue screen requesting bitlocker recover key. The laptop has had Office installed via my work/government ID. I have followed all the steps to find the key and the computer is listed and visible in my work government profile via the...
  10. Bitlocker recover key not uploaded to Microsoft account

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security