Windows 10: Surface Camera App from Lock Screen

Discus and support Surface Camera App from Lock Screen in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi There I have just got myself a Surface 3 64GB 2GBRAM and I am not sure if this is possible, but is there a way to quickly accessing the camera... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by ellellell1, Jan 2, 2016.

1. Surface Camera App from Lock Screen

Hi There

I have just got myself a Surface 3 64GB 2GBRAM and I am not sure if this is possible, but is there a way to quickly accessing the camera app on the lock screen to take photos etc... without having to sign in? I know this is a feature on the iOS but is this available on a Surface too?

I have looked around in the lock screen settings and I can see no such option to do so.

:)

ellellell1, Jan 2, 2016
  2. kwdavids Win User

Camera functionality missing from lock screen in Windows 10

Under Windows 8.1 there was an option under the PC & Devices | Lock Screen to "Slide down on the lock screen to use the camera." It was set on before I upgraded my Surface 3 Pro to Windows 10. The option is not there, and the Camera is no longer accessible
    from the lock screen.

kwdavids, Jan 2, 2016
  3. Nokia 2520 wont wake up screen after sleep mode!

I uninstalled the Nokia Camera app and disabled camera from lock screen in settings and it seems to not have this issue anymore.

pfrabott---01, Jan 2, 2016
Thema:

Surface Camera App from Lock Screen

1. Surface Camera App from Lock Screen - Similar Threads - Surface Camera App

2. Camera locked on Windows 11 Camera app and other apps that use the camera

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Camera locked on Windows 11 Camera app and other apps that use the camera: Hi everyone:I was about to start a meeting and my camera the one that's part of my laptop wouldn't work in the meeting platform, but then I realized not even the Windows camera app was working, showing me the attached image. I tried rolling back the driver, uninstalling...
  3. Camera locked on Windows 11 Camera app and other apps that use the camera

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Camera locked on Windows 11 Camera app and other apps that use the camera: Hi everyone:I was about to start a meeting and my camera the one that's part of my laptop wouldn't work in the meeting platform, but then I realized not even the Windows camera app was working, showing me the attached image. I tried rolling back the driver, uninstalling...
  4. some apps prevent screen from locking

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    some apps prevent screen from locking: I use secpol to make my computer lock after 180 seconds. But ive noticed that if some apps are open (such as bluestacks or a youtube video) then the computer does not lock. what apps do this and how do i stop this from happening? submitted by /u/star-dash-438 [link]...
  5. some apps prevent screen from locking

some apps prevent screen from locking: I use secpol to make my computer lock after 180 seconds. But ive noticed that if some apps are open (such as bluestacks or a youtube video) then the computer does not lock. what apps do this and how do i stop this from happening? submitted by /u/star-dash-438 [link]...
  6. Some apps prevent screen from locking

Some apps prevent screen from locking: I use secpol to make my computer lock after 180 seconds. But ive noticed that if some apps are open (such as bluestacks or a youtube video) then the computer does not lock. what apps do this and how do i stop this from happening? submitted by /u/star-dash-438 [link]...
  7. Microsoft surface camera video app

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Microsoft surface camera video app: HI. I go to my MS Surface camera app and take photos fine. But when I switch to Video and press the icon to film, it flashes a big red square in the icon box and does nothing. I just want to film!...
  8. Unable to save pictures from camera app on Surface Book 2

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to save pictures from camera app on Surface Book 2: Hello, whenever I use the camera app on my Surface Book 2 there is always an error that says that the picture is not saved and there always pops up with an error message even after I have tried countless times to fix this. I do not know if this is something just with my...
  9. Camera Disappeared from Surface Pro 4

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Camera Disappeared from Surface Pro 4: A while back, I noticed my camera stopped working for my Surface Pro 4. I wasn't really concerned about it, so I didn't look into it at the time, but now I'm looking to use it and I can't get it to work. Below is the error I get when opening camera: [ATTACH] I've followed...
  10. Apps missing from lock screen notifications

in Windows 10 Support
    Apps missing from lock screen notifications: Got mine installed today and went rather smooth. No major problems but one tiny annoying issue. We did the upgrade on 4 machines and 3 don't have this problem. I want to add mail and cal to my lock screen and it is not a option on my machine. (PRO others are home) After a...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows surface app to lock camera