Windows 10: Surface camera stops working at the same time as other issues

Discus and support Surface camera stops working at the same time as other issues in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; Surface book 2 running 1903 OS build 18362.116 Had multiple different errors all happen at the same time while normally using windows. Popups of... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by Zanuras, Jun 29, 2019.

1. Zanuras Win User

Surface camera stops working at the same time as other issues

Surface book 2 running 1903 OS build 18362.116

Had multiple different errors all happen at the same time while normally using windows.

• Popups of "your default browser was reset", resetting from chrome to edge.
    • Photos app default changed to "TWINUI", unable to open images.
    • Windows hello no longer able to turn on camera (0xa00f4244 <nocamerasareattached>)
    • Unable to control screen brightness (physical buttons, settings and notification screen)
    • Theme reset.

I have already started to search for solutions to each problem independently, but thought it was worth mentioning since it seems odd for multiple programs/devices to fail at once.

Has anyone else had this? Is this worthy of a reboot?

Thank you!!!

:)

Zanuras, Jun 29, 2019

2. SURFACE 3 camera and sound not working

Hi Michael,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

As you are facing issues with accessing sound and camera on Surface 3 device, do let us know the following to assist you better:

• Have you made any changes to the operating system prior to this issue?
    • What exactly happens when you try to access camera and sound on your device?

This issue might have occurred due to corrupted/ missing drivers, I suggest you to try the below and check if it helps.

Step 1: Run the Hardware and Devices troubleshooter
    and check.

Hardware and Devices troubleshooter checks for common problems and makes sure that any new device or hardware connected to your PC is installed correctly.

1. Press
    Windows key from the keyboard, type Troubleshooting
    and select it.

2. Click on
    view all option on the upper left corner of Troubleshooting window.

3. Select the
    Hardware and Device options from the list.

4. Click
    Next to run the Hardware and Device Troubleshooter.

Step 2: I suggest you to install all the pending updates after upgrade to Windows 10.

Steps:

• Connect to the internet.
    • Press Windows key and type
      updates.
    • Click on Check for updates.
    • Under Windows Updates, click on
      Check for updates.
    • Try to install the updates being shown.
    Also, visit the computer manufacturer’s website and install the drivers being found and check if it helps.

For further assistance, I suggest you to refer to the below Microsoft article and check if it helps.

Browse topics for Surface 3

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue, we will be happy to help you further.

Deepika Gowda, Jun 29, 2019
  3. John Vil Win User
    Camera on surface tablet

Hi,

You may flip the camera on your Surface by going in to the camera app settings. Kindly refer to the steps below:

• Open the Camera App on your Surface.
    • Swipe down from the top of the camera window (this brings up the Camera Options, as seen below.)
    • Tap Change Camera.
    • Take picture as usual.
    • Tap Change Camera again if you would like the camera to facing you.

Let us know if you will need further assistance.

John Vil, Jun 29, 2019
  4. Mark Isi Win User

HDMI output and camera stopped working on a Surface with windows 10

Hi,

We're more than happy to help, but we'll need just a few more information so we could properly assess the issue. Kindly provide us with the following information below:

• Version of Surface
    • All troubleshooting steps you have done so far
    In the mean time, feel free to check this article for more basic troubleshooting steps in connecting Surface to a second screen. The link can be found
    here.

Let us know how it goes.

Mark Isi, Jun 29, 2019
Thema:

1. Surface camera stops working at the same time as other issues - Similar Threads - Surface camera stops

2. camera stopped working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    camera stopped working: The camera stopped working when using zoom and teams https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/camera-stopped-working/08f8c60f-dda6-46f8-922c-fd3525c1986e
  3. Mouse and Camera flicker at the same time.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mouse and Camera flicker at the same time.: I own a Logitech 1.3 megapixel webcam and when my mouse flickers with the blue loading wheel the green light on the side indicating that the camera is on flickers for a second. I know the camera isn't in use because when I check my camera use history nothing unusual is there....
  4. Microsoft Surface Book 2 Camera stopped working

Microsoft Surface Book 2 Camera stopped working: I have a Microsoft Surface Book 2. I installed Feature update to Windows 10, version 20H today, and when I restarted, my camera could not be started. I have tried uninstalling all of my camera resources and reinstalling them. I uninstalled the update. Nothing works. In...
  5. Video and audio stop working randomly at the same time

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Video and audio stop working randomly at the same time: From time to time when I'm playing a video (any website, even a video file in windows player) sound disappears and after a few seconds I can't play any video. I wasn't able to find this issue anywhere so I'm asking here. The thing is can't play any video and there's no sound...
  6. Camera stopped working

Camera stopped working: My camera suddenly stopped working and I searched high and low for a fix. After hours of searching, I found it and it was simple. IF YOU'RE USING A RECENT VERSION OF AN HP LAPTOP, CHECK IF YOU'VE GOT A SO-CALLED 'KILL SWITCH.' THAT'S ON THE RIGHT SIDE OF THE COMPUTER. IF...
  7. Camera stopped working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Camera stopped working: My camera worked fine a few days ago. Now I get an error that says 'NoCamerasAreAttached'. It is also not listed in Device Manager. What can I do to get it back? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/camera-stopped-working/198c813f-3e65-4b5b-846b-949005894ee7
  8. WiFi adapters stopped working and other issues

WiFi adapters stopped working and other issues: Hello this morning my pc was running slow when playing aaa games so i restarted my pc and my pc ran into a error code- whea- uncorrectable error and i noticed that my wifi stopped working in fact it disapeared i check device manager and it said device cant start code 10 and...
  9. Surface laptop Camera Issues

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Surface laptop Camera Issues: My camera and microphone have stopped working for video calls and Windows Hello says it couldn't turn on the camera. I have tried many of the suggested solutions with no luck and would love to know how to fix it. Thank you...
  10. Surface Go Cameras not working

Surface Go Cameras not working: Surface Go New in November 2018 but I have not tried to use the cameras until recently. I find that the IR camera works but the front and rear cameras do not. They did not show under cameras in Device manager but they did show in System Devices. The Camera App did not...