Windows 10: Surface can't be set up

Discus and support Surface can't be set up in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; A year ago I got a new surface. I factory reset it this week, as I had a lot of things I didn't want on there, and often my keyboard would stop being... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by MegH_13, Sep 6, 2018.

1. MegH_13 Win User

Surface can't be set up

A year ago I got a new surface. I factory reset it this week, as I had a lot of things I didn't want on there, and often my keyboard would stop being recognized. That went perfectly fine.

I was going though the setup and after I am asked if I want to connect it oneDrive it goes to another blue screen with "Services" at the top and no content. I can't do anything further.

Research online suggested I make a local account, and not use my Microsoft Live Account. I did, however I can't get rid of that account and can't link it to my live one at all.

I just want to set up my surface like I did when I got it - using my live account. How do I get pass the blank blue services page?

Windows 10, Surface Pro 4

Thanks!

Moved from: Surface / Surface Pro 4 / Install, update, and repair

:)

MegH_13, Sep 6, 2018
  2. Johan45 Win User

AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Sep 6, 2018
  3. Sasqui Win User
    Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, Sep 6, 2018
  4. Brink Win User

Surface can't be set up

Boot Surface Laptop to USB - no Volume button

Hello Jimmy, Surface can't be set up :)

This doesn't list the "Surface Laptop", but you might give it a try to see.

*Arrow Boot Microsoft Surface from a USB device

Otherwise, you should be able to use OPTION ONE below to boot from the USB from advanced startup.

*Arrow Boot from USB Drive on Windows 10 PC Windows 10 Installation Upgrade Tutorials

Brink, Sep 6, 2018
Thema:

Surface can't be set up

1. Surface can't be set up - Similar Threads - Surface can't set

2. Surface Book 2 Wake-up

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Surface Book 2 Wake-up: My Surface book started deep sleep problem. Solved by unplugging my 25" HP monitor - TaDaa! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/surface-book-2-wake-up/65001748-2d86-44e9-a47b-678b7cb620ea"
  3. Set up of Surface Go

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Set up of Surface Go: New Surface go setup, I chose the wrong language and I would like to go back to the beginning set up screen and I cannot. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-winapps-appscat_productivity/set-up-of-surface-go/ad311833-6e5b-428f-a9f7-c5a87e1a140e
  4. Network set up

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Network set up: I am trying to connect a local network with two computers that run with two different OS. I am trying to access the one that runs on W10 with the one that runs on W7. I tried lifting the firewall to connect but it still doesn't connect to the network. Could anyone provide a...
  5. Can't remove pin, if not set up already.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Can't remove pin, if not set up already.: Please help. I have too many passwords. I have a whole page that is covered in passwords from every section of the planet for every company and program. A whole note book. Now Microsoft wants me to even setup a pin on top of my password! :( There is no remove pin option if...
  6. Can't set up PIN login for daughters account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Can't set up PIN login for daughters account: *Confused*ConfusedHi All, I'm posting here as the Microsoft Customer Support were of no use at all after spending over 2hrs with them trying to sort this issue out. We got our daughter a new PC for xmas which is preloaded with Win10 Home x64. I have set myself up...
  7. Setting up LAN

Setting up LAN: I will be receiving a new computer shortly with Win 10 already installed. Computer does not have DVD drive. If I have to set up an internet connection using LAN to router I would appreciate an how to please. Thanks 99313
  8. HomeGroup Set Up

HomeGroup Set Up: Good Morning. I was wondering if someone can help me. I'm trying to set up a homegroup between my 2 desktops. Both desktops were upgraded from Win 7. I set up desktop A successfully. I received the homegroup password. I went to desktop B and when I entered the homegroup...
  9. Can't open settings.

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't open settings.: So I did the Windows 10 upgrade (WOOHOO!) Everything went smoothly during the install. As I was checking out the start menu I clicked on the little Settings cog in the lower left. All that happens when I do this is a super quick flash of what I assume is the settings window....
  10. Can't set up Win 10 Fax

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't set up Win 10 Fax: I am trying to set up the Windows 10 desktop Fax app and can't for the life of me figure out how to specify the fax modem/server. I have an Epson WorkForce 323 AIO with the fax included and Win 10 has the FAX in the Devices AND PRINTERS. I have tried all the combinations of...