Windows 10: Surface computer wont keep application open

Discus and support Surface computer wont keep application open in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello I have a surface computer and all of my applications load but minimize without me touching them and often lock up when saving. There is 50% of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by KristinK43, Apr 8, 2021.

1. Surface computer wont keep application open

Hello

I have a surface computer and all of my applications load but minimize without me touching them and often lock up when saving. There is 50% of space remaining on my computer and I have reinstalled the apps to see if that was the issue. This has been going on for months

:)

KristinK43, Apr 8, 2021

2. Problem updating Windows Surface Pro 4 with Windows 10 feature updates

Hi,

I have manage to install image for Microsoft Surface Pro 4 by going to https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/...erecoveryimage and download a recovery image for Microsoft Surface Pro 4.

What I did to reset your Surface from a USB recovery drive was:
    Step 1: Make sure your Surface is turned off and plugged in (hold down the power
    button for 30 seconds).
    Step 2: Insert the USB recovery drive into the USB port on your Surface.
    Step 3: Press and hold the volume-down button while you press and release the
    power button on your Surface.
    Step 4: When the Surface logo appears, release the volume button.
    Step 5: When prompted, select the language and keyboard layout you want.
    Step 6: Select Troubleshoot > Reset your PC.
    If prompted for a recovery key, select Skip this drive at the bottom of the
    screen.
    Step 7: Select the target operating system you wish to reset. This
    refers to the current operating system installed on your Surface.
    Step 8: Select Yes, repartition the drives, and on the next page, select Next.
    Step 9: Choose Just remove my files.
    Step 10: Select Reset.
    Surface restarts and the Surface logo displays while the reset process continues
    (this can take a while).

This always fails and I have to do the below which continues installation.
    Windows 10 Installation Media:

1. Insert the Media (DVD/USB) in your PC and restart.
    2. Boot from the media.
    3. Select Repair Your Computer.
    Select Troubleshoot.

1. Choose Command Prompt from the menu:
    Type in the command:
    Diskpart
    Type in the command:
    List disk (Note which disk is your Boot drive number mine is 0)
    Type in the command:
    Sel disk 0
    Type in the command:
    List vol (Note which volume is the EFI partition mine is 4)
    Type in the command:
    Sel vol 4
    Type in the command:
    assign letter=V:
    Type in the command:
    Exit
    Type in the command:
    V:
    After you have assigned a drive letter Using Diskpart You can format the EFI partition:
    Example: if you assigned a letter V to the partition the command would be:
    format V: /FS:FAT32
    Type in the command:
    bcdboot C:\windows /s V: /f UEFI

Now I have an issue that I cannot install Feature Updates. They keep failing to install.
    Any ideas how to resolve issue?

jaburmester, Apr 8, 2021
  3. settings wont open

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

Please answer the below question to understand the situation better,

• Are you facing this issue on a local account or the Microsoft Account?
    Please follow the below steps and check if it works,

• Press “Windows key + I” to open the Settings screen.
    I suggest you to sign out from the current user account, restart the computer and then sign in to the Administrator account to check if this helps

Reply us if you have further queries. We will be glad to assist you.

Anup Karkal, Apr 8, 2021
  4. Surface computer wont keep application open

Explorer.exe, Werfault.exe, RuntimeBroker.exe (application errors). start wont come up and application errors wont go

Hi James,

Thank you for your response with the current update on the issue.

To assist you to better, please provided us the information below:

• Have you tried to perform all the steps provided in the previous post?
    • Have you created another user account as suggested in the step 2?

Please try to perform the step 1 and step 2 provided in the previous post. Let us know of the results after performing it.

Please get back to us with an update on issue with Start Menu and running application, we will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Nyima Yonten, Apr 8, 2021
Thema:

Surface computer wont keep application open

1. Surface computer wont keep application open - Similar Threads - Surface computer wont

2. Windows 11 Wont open any applications

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Wont open any applications: First time pc owner here and i was trying to install bluetooth driver to my pc and when i did, my windows started acting weird. Ill sign in and im able to open one thing before i cant open anything else. I cant use any commands to open anything either. Cant even open...
  3. Windows 11 Wont open any applications

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 Wont open any applications: First time pc owner here and i was trying to install bluetooth driver to my pc and when i did, my windows started acting weird. Ill sign in and im able to open one thing before i cant open anything else. I cant use any commands to open anything either. Cant even open...
  4. A bunch of my applications wont open or work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    A bunch of my applications wont open or work: My pc crashed last night so I got off and when I got on this morning I tried to open discord and steam which neither of them opened. I've been trying to find solutions online to fix these two including using sfc/scannow in the command prompt and deleting and reinstalling my...
  5. A bunch of my applications wont open or work

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    A bunch of my applications wont open or work: My pc crashed last night so I got off and when I got on this morning I tried to open discord and steam which neither of them opened. I've been trying to find solutions online to fix these two including using sfc/scannow in the command prompt and deleting and reinstalling my...
  6. A bunch of my applications wont open or work

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. Open applications keep "minimizing" randomly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Open applications keep "minimizing" randomly: I have a Windows 10 Home laptop. It is not a touch screen. When I'm using the internet or playing games on my laptop, whatever application I'm using will just start acting like I've clicked off the screen into another application when I only have the one I'm using open. I've...
  8. Help my computer keeps opening random applications!!!

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Help my computer keeps opening random applications!!!: Please please please help my computer keeps opening random applications. It was fine before I woke it from sleep mode! It keeps openings the stuff on my taskbar, clicking on my Google Chrome bookmarks, and generally being very buggy. I immediately restarted my computer,...
  9. Surface Pro wont open expansion portable hardrive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Surface Pro wont open expansion portable hardrive: Hi, my seagate expansion portable drive is recognised by my surface pro however I can not open it. It does not appear as a device or drive when plugged in however is recognised under the other devices setting. Please advise what the issue may be. Thanks Jezza...
  10. Keep application open

in Windows 10 Customization
    Keep application open: Is there any way to let my application open straight away after shutting down? E.g. If i am using a browser or microsoft powerpoint, it will reopen after turning my computer back on...