Windows 10: Surface: Cursor jumps to previous location on short move+click

Discus and support Surface: Cursor jumps to previous location on short move+click in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Surface Pro 4, version 1909, build 18363.1082 Using the surface cover trackpad, if I quickly move my cursor a short amount and click, the trackpad... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by yesir360, Oct 24, 2020.

1. yesir360 Win User

Surface: Cursor jumps to previous location on short move+click

Surface Pro 4, version 1909, build 18363.1082

Using the surface cover trackpad, if I quickly move my cursor a short amount and click, the trackpad seems to think that I moved by error and teleports my cursor back to the start of the movement before clicking on that location instead.
    From searching online, it seems this is caused by a very old anniversary update (4 years ago) so it's not like I can just uninstall... Here's an old but unanswered reddit post: Cursor jumping to previous position after short movement and click, problem with anniversary edition. : Surface

Is there a registry tweak or something for this? It's quite annoying.

:)

yesir360, Oct 24, 2020

2. Cursor on Surface Pro 4 jumping around

Hi,

I am Ganesh Gandhi, an Independent Advisor and Office Insider for Android. I am here to work with you on this problem.

As you said if finger is still and on the touchpad, it starts to jump,

Kindly follow these steps in these sites to fix this:

https://windowsreport.com/mouse-jumps-surface-p...

and

https://www.thewindowsclub.com/surface-pro-4-mo...

Do let me know if you require any further help on this. I will keep working with you until it's resolved.

Standard Disclaimer: There are links to non-Microsoft websites. The pages appear to be providing accurate, safe information with reference. Thoroughly research products advertised on the sites before you decide to download and install it. Watch out for ads
    on the sites that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products).

GaneshGandhi1982, Oct 24, 2020
  3. Touch Pad causing cursor to jump to previous location

Hi Coach David,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community.

It could be due to missing/corrupt drivers or missing updates.

I suggest you to try the steps provided below and check if it helps.

Surface touchscreen: Problems with touch:

What to try if your Surface touchscreen doesn't work

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Kalpana Shankarappa, Oct 24, 2020
  4. Surface: Cursor jumps to previous location on short move+click

Cursor jump

Hi,

One of the possible causes why you're having cursor jump issue might due to some hardware setting corruption.
    To isolate the cause of this issue, we need additional information.Kindly answer the following questions:

• Did you make any changes to the computer prior to the issue?
    • Are you experiencing this issue every time you type to a certain app or to all of the apps/programs?
    • Any troubleshooting steps you've tried so far?

We look forward to your reply.

Michelle Vil, Oct 24, 2020
Thema:

Surface: Cursor jumps to previous location on short move+click

1. Surface: Cursor jumps to previous location on short move+click - Similar Threads - Surface Cursor jumps

2. [BUG] Cursor frequently jumps away from target click area when moving cursor quickly on a...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    [BUG] Cursor frequently jumps away from target click area when moving cursor quickly on a...: I have scoured the internet for discussions and only found a few examples of this being talked about: https://www.reddit.com/r/Surface/comments/54fkhz/does_anyone_elses_cursor_suddenly_move_after/ - talking about it on a Surface...
  3. cursor jump

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    cursor jump: I use Windows 10. I have an HP notebook with touchscreen and Bang & Olufsen Keyboard with keypad. My cursor often jumps when I am typing. I try to type Microsoft Community and sometimes I will get something like MicrosCommuoft unity. That is the worst part. Next worst...
  4. Mouse pointer jumps to the text cursor or a random location

Mouse pointer jumps to the text cursor or a random location: Mouse cursor/pointer jumps abruptly from current/last position to the position where the text insertion cursor is on the screen. At times it even jumps to some random location on screen, either at bottom or left top corner. This issue has been observed almost across all...
  5. Cursor can move, but not click

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Cursor can move, but not click: My pc froze up and I couldn't interact with anything, so I hit the power button. It loaded a while and then started "Scanning and repairing drive C:" with no percentage next to it. It didn't even take a minute and then it seemed to boot normally. I could click things...
  6. jumping cursor

jumping cursor: I have had my Acer Aspire v3-572p computer for years and have had no problems. Just this week I have noticed that the cursor is jumping to the upper right corner. I have several icons in that corner and the cursor will select one of them and open it. I have Windows 10...
  7. Cursor on Surface Pro 4 jumping around

Cursor on Surface Pro 4 jumping around: So i've had my surface pro 4 for about 2 years now, and have always experienced a problem with the cursor jumping around since day one. I know a lot of people in the past have posted about this same issue, however I haven't found a solution that works for me. I've tried...
  8. Cursor jumps

Cursor jumps: Hi, My cursor jumps to the top of the screen, taking me out of windows etc. Four Microsoft people have remotely tried to fix it and no success. Any ideas? Thank you!...
  9. Jumping cursor

Jumping cursor: Why does my cursor keeping jumping, sometimes my text gets highlighted then deletes. This happens in all programs that have text writing. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/jumping-cursor/17c969aa-8caf-4ef7-99de-7b2740648855
  10. Cursor jumps and clicks

in Windows 10 Support
    Cursor jumps and clicks: I have seen a lot of posts on this problem and it has been around for a long time. I have been a Windows user since 3.0 and used CPM and DOS before that. Never had this problem until middle of last year. My mouse cursor will suddenly jump to upper left corner and click. I...