Windows 10: Surface Display Dock not showing external monitor

Discus and support Surface Display Dock not showing external monitor in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi! So i have in my possession a Surface Display Dock which was originally use for Lumia Continuum. I'm plugging it into my Laptop (MSI, Core... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Arthur Percival, Dec 8, 2019.

1. Surface Display Dock not showing external monitor

Hi!

So i have in my possession a Surface Display Dock which was originally use for Lumia Continuum. I'm plugging it into my Laptop (MSI, Core i7-8750H, GTX1650 Max-Q). The Dock has been detected and i can use the USB port on it for my Keyboard and mouse, The drivers are also correctly installed but i can not get it to display the images through the HDMI port.

Do you have any specific drivers required for the dock to work with Windows 10 PC?

Thank you in advance!

Best regards,

Arthur.

:)

Arthur Percival, Dec 8, 2019
  2. bgardner Win User

External monitor connected to Surface Pro 4 via Surface dock not working after computer resumes from sleep

I have a Surface Pro 4 (running production Windows 10, Version 1511, Build 10586.164) connected to a Dell P2314T monitor (23" touch, P/N 0DWF2X, Rev A00) via the DisplayPort connector on a Surface Dock (the newer, brick style). When docked, my desktop is
    set to Extend across the Surface and external screens. This configuration works well until the Surface sleeps or turns off the display during inactivity. At that point, resuming work turns on the Surface display, but the external monitor is blank and the
    only way I can get it to resume working properly is to reboot. I've tried undocking/re-docking, disconnecting and reconnecting the DisplayPort cable, cycling through different "Project" modes (e.g. PC Screen / Duplicate / Extend / Second Screen) - nothing
    revives the external monitor. I notice that the Settings|System|Display
    dialog indicates that the external monitor is present, and that it properly cycles between the absence and presence of the external monitor when I undock and re-dock it (even though the external monitor remains blank).

This behavior did not occur when I first got the Surface and Dock. It broke somewhere along the way, but I'm not sure with which update (I had lots of problems applying KB3140768 that I eventually fixed, but that did not help). Any suggestions?

** UPDATE on 4/2/16: I believe that I have found the fix to my problem, which involved updating the Intel display driver. For more information, see my post dated April 2, 2016 (In reply to Skelett's post on March 4, 2016) at Surface Pro 4 - External display not recognised after sleep following 17th Feb 2016 updates

bgardner, Dec 8, 2019
  3. Jake_540 Win User
    Surface Pro 4 screen active when type cover closed and external monitor in use.

I have a Surface Pro 4 with a Surface Dock. I have an external monitor plugged into the dock.

When I turn on or restart the Surface Pro with the Type Cover closed, both the Surface display and the external monitor are activated. I then have to go into the Display settings to select "Show only on 2" to turn off the Surface display and achieve the
    correct resolution on the external monitor.

Is there any way I can get the Surface to realise when the Type Cover is closed and only display on an external monitor?

Jake_540, Dec 8, 2019
  4. Brink Win User

Surface Display Dock not showing external monitor

New Version of Surface Dock Updater Available

Source: New Version of Surface Dock Updater Available Surface

Brink, Dec 8, 2019
Thema:

Surface Display Dock not showing external monitor

1. Surface Display Dock not showing external monitor - Similar Threads - Surface Display Dock

2. External monitors are not displaying when connected to a docking station. Confirmed...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    External monitors are not displaying when connected to a docking station. Confirmed...: External monitors are not displaying when connected to a docking station. Confirmed working when connected directly to laptop. Tested machine on a different docking station same issue. Tested machine on known working docking station no change. Updated all drivers for machine,...
  3. External monitors are not displaying when connected to a docking station. Confirmed...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    External monitors are not displaying when connected to a docking station. Confirmed...: External monitors are not displaying when connected to a docking station. Confirmed working when connected directly to laptop. Tested machine on a different docking station same issue. Tested machine on known working docking station no change. Updated all drivers for machine,...
  4. External monitors are not displaying when connected to a docking station. Confirmed...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. surface dock 2 flashing monitor

in Windows 10 Gaming
    surface dock 2 flashing monitor: Surface 5 using surface dock 2 monitor flashes https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/surface-dock-2-flashing-monitor/69d19fd8-5298-4aad-a7d1-1fe99f006e33
  6. surface dock 2 flashing monitor

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    surface dock 2 flashing monitor: Surface 5 using surface dock 2 monitor flashes https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/surface-dock-2-flashing-monitor/69d19fd8-5298-4aad-a7d1-1fe99f006e33
  7. Docking computer changes monitor display

in Windows 10 Customization
    Docking computer changes monitor display: Currently having the following issue on multiple Windows 10 devices in my organization for the past few months. I mainly see this on Surface Pro/Book models, but have also seen this on some Dell laptops. Please note that all devices are running on Windows 10 version 1909, and...
  8. Docked laptop loses external monitor orientation

in Windows 10 Customization
    Docked laptop loses external monitor orientation: I am having some issues with some of our HP 840 G5's. The problem is that when the laptop is docked to a 2013 Ultraslim dock, and is left unattended for a period of time, locked, or is removed and returned to the dock the two external monitors attached by DisplayPort cables...
  9. surface dock not detecting 2nd monitor -

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    surface dock not detecting 2nd monitor -: Ive tried installing Tools for surface, for dock, etc. Monitor was running fine, though still not detected by surface, then quit on me when I turned off overnight. Also, each time recovering from sleep, I get message Oops weve encountered an issue, have to restart, then it...
  10. Surface Dock won't recognize monitors

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Surface Dock won't recognize monitors: I just did the latest update and now my surface dock (used with a surface pro 4 - 16 RAM - 512 SSD) won't recognize the attached monitors... I can see one monitor at a time if I attach it directly to the surface pro, but I NEED both monitors for my work.. What happened? I...