Windows 10: Surface Dock 2 locks up for about 30 seconds with Surface Book 2 randomly

Discus and support Surface Dock 2 locks up for about 30 seconds with Surface Book 2 randomly in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have a Surface Book 2 plugged into a Surface Dock 2. Every day or so, generally when I am on a webcall Teams, Zoom, or Webex, my mouse, keyboard, usb... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by MichaelKaechele, Aug 5, 2020.

1. Surface Dock 2 locks up for about 30 seconds with Surface Book 2 randomly

I have a Surface Book 2 plugged into a Surface Dock 2. Every day or so, generally when I am on a webcall Teams, Zoom, or Webex, my mouse, keyboard, usb speaker, and usb webcam all plugged into the dock temporarily stop responding. My monitor, which is also plugged in to the dock, has no issue and continues to function. After 20 seconds or so, the mouse, keyboard, and usb speaker start working again. For the webcam, I have to unplug and replug in to come back.

In my windows log, I see the following event:

Event 1001; Windows Error Reporting

Fault bucket , type 0

Event Name: LiveKernelEvent

Response: Not available

Cab Id: 0

Problem signature:

P1: 144

P2: 3003

P3: ffffab8f017575b0

P4: 40010000

P5: 0

P6: 10_0_18363

P7: 0_0

P8: 256_1

P9:

P10:

Followed by another event 9 seconds later:

Event 1001; Windows Error Reporting

Fault bucket LKD_0x144_USBHUB3_DEVICE_ENUMERATION_FAILURE_UsbHub3!TelemetryData_CreateReport_VEN_045E_DEV_09B3_REV_6373, type 0

Event Name: LiveKernelEvent

Response: Not available

Cab Id: 51180387-f967-4b58-bdf3-6764e4704880

Problem signature:

P1: 144

P2: 3003

P3: ffffab8f017575b0

P4: 40010000

P5: 0

P6: 10_0_18363

P7: 0_0

P8: 256_1

P9:

P10:

Not sure what next steps are. Windows is fully up-to-date. All firmware updates installed.

:)

MichaelKaechele, Aug 5, 2020
  2. Brink Win User

New Version of Surface Dock Updater Available

Source: New Version of Surface Dock Updater Available Surface

Brink, Aug 5, 2020
  3. Brink Win User
    Behind the design: Meet Surface Book 3, Surface Go 2 & Surface Dock 2

Read more: https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/...e/ba-p/1353324

Brink, Aug 5, 2020
  4. Brink Win User

Surface Dock 2 locks up for about 30 seconds with Surface Book 2 randomly

New Surface Book 2 Drivers and Firmware for Windows 10 - July 9

Source: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/...update-history

Manual Download: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/down....aspx?id=56261

Brink, Aug 5, 2020
Thema:

Surface Dock 2 locks up for about 30 seconds with Surface Book 2 randomly

1. Surface Dock 2 locks up for about 30 seconds with Surface Book 2 randomly - Similar Threads - Surface Dock locks

2. Surface Book 3 + Surface Dock 2 Not Recognizing Second Monitor

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Surface Book 3 + Surface Dock 2 Not Recognizing Second Monitor: My workstation is set up such that I have a Surface Book 3 SB3 connected to a Surface Dock 2 SD2. The SD2 is in turn connected via two USB-C to DVI-D dual link cables to two external monitors. I've noticed an issue that when I connect my SB3 to my SD2, only one of the...
  3. Surface Book 3 + Surface Dock 2 Not Recognizing Second Monitor

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Surface Book 3 + Surface Dock 2 Not Recognizing Second Monitor: My workstation is set up such that I have a Surface Book 3 SB3 connected to a Surface Dock 2 SD2. The SD2 is in turn connected via two USB-C to DVI-D dual link cables to two external monitors. I've noticed an issue that when I connect my SB3 to my SD2, only one of the...
  4. Surface Book 3 + Surface Dock 2 Not Recognizing Second Monitor

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Problems with Surface Book 3 and/or Dock 2

Problems with Surface Book 3 and/or Dock 2: My NEW Surface Book 3, with the NEW Dock 2, routinely cannot find my external monitor even though it worked for multiple days in a row. It also refuses to use the Nvidia graphics to run the monitor which makes it poorer quality. It is also VERY "laggy" using the Microsoft...
  6. Surface Book 2 on 1903 BSOD - NDIS.SYS - Surface Dock Ethernet

Surface Book 2 on 1903 BSOD - NDIS.SYS - Surface Dock Ethernet: Hello All, Currently I have 6 Surface Book 2's all with the same issue. The Ethernet Adapter on the Surface Docks will connect and disconnect on repeat, once a second until eventually the SB2 will blue screen. There is roughly 150 Surface book 2's, 200 Surface Laptop 2's...
  7. Surface Book 2 USB and Docking Problems

Surface Book 2 USB and Docking Problems: Has anyone encountered this issue? ALWAYS after startup, my Surface Book 2 touchpad freezes for 1-3 seconds several times. After it's done freezing, it gives off the "USB has connected" sound, stops freezing, then does it again and again for about 4-5 times. After it's done...
  8. Surface Book 2 USB and Docking Problems

in Windows 10 Support
    Surface Book 2 USB and Docking Problems: Has anyone encountered this issue? ALWAYS after startup, my Surface Book 2 touchpad freezes for 1-3 seconds several times. After it's done freezing, it gives off the "USB has connected" sound, stops freezing, then does it again and again for about 4-5 times. After it's done...
  9. Surface Book 2

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Surface Book 2: I am trying to run Flash files on my Surface Book 2 and have had no success. I have downloaded adobe flash. Is there something I need to do? Does Flash work on the Surface Book 2?...
  10. Surface Book 2 Wake-up

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Surface Book 2 Wake-up: My Surface book started deep sleep problem. Solved by unplugging my 25" HP monitor - TaDaa! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/surface-book-2-wake-up/65001748-2d86-44e9-a47b-678b7cb620ea"