Windows 10: Surface Dock Ethernet "Unidenfitied Network"

Discus and support Surface Dock Ethernet "Unidenfitied Network" in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Firstly, I'd like to apologize in advance for my ignorance. This is my first time dealing with a problem such as this and I feel like I'm in over my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by wolfmilk, Jul 28, 2020.

1. wolfmilk Win User

Surface Dock Ethernet "Unidenfitied Network"

Firstly, I'd like to apologize in advance for my ignorance. This is my first time dealing with a problem such as this and I feel like I'm in over my head and I am losing my mind.

I have a Surface Book 2 15 inch that I use as a desktop by connecting it to a Surface Dock. About 6 months ago some update rolled out and changed my ethernet settings. I haven't been able to use it since, only getting a "unidentified network" label when I click the ethernet connection. I don't know if this piece of information is relevant but I wanted to mention it regardless -- my ethernet in my home office is ran through the electrical wall jack with a box that plugs into the wall outlet and there is the same little box connected to my router in the next room also plugged into the wall outlet. I'm sorry, I have no idea what those things are called. I've never had any issues until this year. I have tested the connection using the same ethernet cables (sans surface dock) with other computers and it works fine. I suspect my issue is within my Surface Dock.

Things I have tried and not worked:
    - Updating to the most recent Windows Update
    - Updating to the most recent Drivers Update
    - Updating the SS Idle Timeout on the surface ethernet adapter from 5 to 30
    - Using the Windows Troubleshooter (no solution)
    - Manually adding an IP (copy pasted the same one used by my Wifi, maybe that wasn't the right thing to do?)
    - Changing the settings to automatically select an IP
    - Turning off the energy saver modes in device manager for the ethernet
    - Resetting my router
    - turning it off and turning it back on again

Here are screenshots of my system info, my connection info, and the windows troubleshooter. Note: I have tried to add an IP address myself and it will remove that message in the troubleshooter however the connection still does not work. I imagine I am still doing something wrong here..... I know the problem is definitely a user error haha. Please help me I am desperate lol

Surface Dock Ethernet "Unidenfitied Network" [​IMG]

:)

wolfmilk, Jul 28, 2020
  2. I3C
    i3c Win User

surface dock ethernet disconnects intermittently

Hi This is my second Surface Dock (connected to Surface Book) The first one intermittently lost connection to my monitor. After many attempts to remedy I ended up solving the problem by replacing it.

The replacement is working ok with my monitor but now the Ethernet disconnects intermittently. Hopefully I don't have another faulty dock. Any suggestions?

3. Marrion_Y Win User
    Surface Dock Ethernet is slow

Hi
    MEK23

Thank you for reaching out to Microsoft Community.

Just to make sure first, you have updated the Surafce Dock already through the steps on this link (Update
    your Surface Dock
    ), correct?

Please try these steps below:

Open Device Manager, expand
    Network Adapters

Right-click
    Surface Ethernet Adapter
    and choose Properties

Go to the Advanced
    tab and choose Selective suspend idle timeout

Change the value from
    5 to 30 then press OK

Restart the Surface then test the speed again.

If this answer your question, we highly encourage you to inform our Community by clicking on Yes or marking my post as an answer. This will help other members who may have the same issue as you. Otherwise, don't hesitate to
    update us so we can further assist you.

Kind Regards,

Marrion Y.

Marrion_Y, Jul 29, 2020
  4. MEK23 Win User

Surface Dock Ethernet is slow

When my Surface Book 2 is connected to my surface dock, I can only achieve download speeds of 50 mbps. If i connect via a third party Ethernet dongle, I am able to achieve 1 gbps, which is what we pay for. I have tried the surface dock diagnostic tools
    and updates. Another surface dock in our office has the same issue. Any help?

MEK23, Jul 29, 2020
Thema:

1. Surface Dock Ethernet "Unidenfitied Network" - Similar Threads - Surface Dock Ethernet

2. Surface Laptop 3 - ethernet is not an option in network connections

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Surface Laptop 3 - ethernet is not an option in network connections: I have a surface laptop 3 with the following configurationsDevice information: Surface model: Surface Laptop 3 Model 1873SAM: 16.606.139.0UEFI: 1.3203.140.0App version: 61.23120.90.0BIOS Version/Date: Microsoft Corporation 1.3203.140 08/06/2021Touch driver: 3.0.209.139Wi-Fi...
  3. Surface Laptop 3 - ethernet is not an option in network connections

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Surface Laptop 3 - ethernet is not an option in network connections: I have a surface laptop 3 with the following configurationsDevice information: Surface model: Surface Laptop 3 Model 1873SAM: 16.606.139.0UEFI: 1.3203.140.0App version: 61.23120.90.0BIOS Version/Date: Microsoft Corporation 1.3203.140 08/06/2021Touch driver: 3.0.209.139Wi-Fi...
  4. surface dock 2 flashing monitor

in Windows 10 Gaming
    surface dock 2 flashing monitor: Surface 5 using surface dock 2 monitor flashes https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/surface-dock-2-flashing-monitor/69d19fd8-5298-4aad-a7d1-1fe99f006e33
  5. surface dock 2 flashing monitor

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    surface dock 2 flashing monitor: Surface 5 using surface dock 2 monitor flashes https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/surface-dock-2-flashing-monitor/69d19fd8-5298-4aad-a7d1-1fe99f006e33
  6. Surface Dock not working

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Surface Dock not working: The dock doesn't work on my computer, but works another computer. It can charge my computer, but I can't use stuff plugged into it. And before you go saying to update it, I tried that, but it didn't work. So how do I fix my issue? P.S. I know the category is "Microsoft...
  7. Surface Book 2 on 1903 BSOD - NDIS.SYS - Surface Dock Ethernet

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Surface Book 2 on 1903 BSOD - NDIS.SYS - Surface Dock Ethernet: Hello All, Currently I have 6 Surface Book 2's all with the same issue. The Ethernet Adapter on the Surface Docks will connect and disconnect on repeat, once a second until eventually the SB2 will blue screen. There is roughly 150 Surface book 2's, 200 Surface Laptop 2's...
  8. surface pro dock and chrome

in Windows 10 Customization
    surface pro dock and chrome: no sound from the surface pro dock when using Google Chrome. all my other applications work https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/surface-pro-dock-and-chrome/037fb1d1-66c3-4ca9-ad78-a271fb2f8e9c
  9. Surface Dock won't recognize monitors

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Surface Dock won't recognize monitors: I just did the latest update and now my surface dock (used with a surface pro 4 - 16 RAM - 512 SSD) won't recognize the attached monitors... I can see one monitor at a time if I attach it directly to the surface pro, but I NEED both monitors for my work.. What happened? I...
  10. Networked Computers Show with WiFi - Not with Dock via Ethernet

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Networked Computers Show with WiFi - Not with Dock via Ethernet: Any tips as to why my networked devices show up when on WiFi but not when connected to ethernet via my Dell USB WD15 dock? I cannot figure it out no matter how hard I have looked. I'm sure there is something simple I'm overlooking. 91559

Users found this page by searching for:

1. surface dock ethernet adapter unidentified