Windows 10: surface dock not detecting 2nd monitor -

Discus and support surface dock not detecting 2nd monitor - in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Ive tried installing Tools for surface, for dock, etc. Monitor was running fine, though still not detected by surface, then quit on me when I turned... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by JimTabasz, Apr 12, 2020.

1. JimTabasz Win User

surface dock not detecting 2nd monitor -

Ive tried installing Tools for surface, for dock, etc. Monitor was running fine, though still not detected by surface, then quit on me when I turned off overnight.

Also, each time recovering from sleep, I get message Oops weve encountered an issue, have to restart, then it goes thru a reboot sequence.

:)

JimTabasz, Apr 12, 2020
  2. waldo21 Win User

2nd monitor with surface book and dock does not play nice

Almost every single time I lock my surface book connected to the docking station, the 2nd monitor does not come back when I log in. I have to turn the 2nd monitor on and off again several times, and drag a window to the 2nd monitor to get it to come back
    to life. The other super annoying thing is that all my windows that were open on the 2nd monitor are now on the screen of the surface book. A huge annoying waste of time. Does anyone have an idea of how to fix this?

waldo21, Apr 12, 2020
  3. Windows 10 - 2nd monitor not detected after update

I have a Surface Pro 3 with Windows 10 and Office 365. Just completed the latest update (1803) and now it will not detect the 2nd monitor. I have tried rebooting, running the Troubleshooter for Hardware and Devices - nothing. I have tried connecting
    the 2nd monitor direct to the tablet as well as thru the docking station. Worked fine before the update

JIMChihara, Apr 12, 2020
  4. Arun B J Win User

DVI not working on extended monitor with Surface Book docking station

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

• Make sure the power light for the docking station is on

• Make sure the monitor is getting power

• Make sure the cable is connected properly to the monitor

• Unplug and reconnect the Mini-DVI adapter on the back of your docking station

• Try flipping the connector for the adapter over (turns out some adapters can go in upside-down)

• Take the Surface out of the docking station then put it back in

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Arun B J, Apr 12, 2020
Thema:

1. surface dock not detecting 2nd monitor - - Similar Threads - surface dock detecting

2. Surface Dock not working

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Surface Dock not working: The dock doesn't work on my computer, but works another computer. It can charge my computer, but I can't use stuff plugged into it. And before you go saying to update it, I tried that, but it didn't work. So how do I fix my issue? P.S. I know the category is "Microsoft...
  3. 2nd monitor not detected

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    2nd monitor not detected: Hi there This problem has probably been asked previously but I can only find older answers whicharen't relevant. I have recently purchased a new HP Pavillion laptop and a Samsung 27" curved monitor. Laptop using Windows10. All working perfectly. A change in job and...
  4. PC can't detect 2nd Monitor

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC can't detect 2nd Monitor: My PC has two hdmi ports. I am trying to setup a TV as a second monitor. I have a samsung monitor connected to my pc via hdmi. everything works. I connect my tv to the pc via the second hdmi port but my pc does not detect it all. I have looked everywhere and done pretty much...
  5. AMD Radeon error - to detect the 2nd monitor

AMD Radeon error - to detect the 2nd monitor: Hi. I've just updated from 8.1 to Win 10. I saw a notification about AMD Radeon doesn't work with Win 10. In the device manager, the AMD Radeon driver is having trouble. I've tried to uninstall it and update, but it doesn't work. I saw other people's trouble, so I went...
  6. Surface Display Dock not showing external monitor

Surface Display Dock not showing external monitor: Hi! So i have in my possession a Surface Display Dock which was originally use for Lumia Continuum. I'm plugging it into my Laptop (MSI, Core i7-8750H, GTX1650 Max-Q). The Dock has been detected and i can use the USB port on it for my Keyboard and mouse, The drivers are...
  7. Surface Dock won't recognize monitors

Surface Dock won't recognize monitors: I just did the latest update and now my surface dock (used with a surface pro 4 - 16 RAM - 512 SSD) won't recognize the attached monitors... I can see one monitor at a time if I attach it directly to the surface pro, but I NEED both monitors for my work.. What happened? I...
  8. 2nd monitor not detected after windows update.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    2nd monitor not detected after windows update.: Updates have been wreaking havoc on my computer over the last few months. In a couple of cases I was able to regain normal operation by rolling back the update via system restore. However, twice now including today the update has left my computer (HP Pavilion laptop) unable...
  9. Windows 10 not detecting 2nd monitor

Windows 10 not detecting 2nd monitor: I have a dual monitor setup. I have 2 AOC e2252V monitors that would work fine on Windows 7. I have all updated drivers. I've checked the internet for multiple solutions but everyone's problem seemed to be that they didnt extend their displays. My problem is that both windows...
  10. No signal,didn't detect 2nd monitor

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    No signal,didn't detect 2nd monitor: Monitor says "No signal", Display Setting on PC say "didn't detect another display"... Nvidia Gforce GTX 970 card all drivers up to date DVI-D to VGA cord is new and plugged in tightly at both ends 78672

Users found this page by searching for:

1. surface dock doesnt detect second monitor