Windows 10: surface dock not detecting 2nd monitor -

Discus and support surface dock not detecting 2nd monitor - in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Ive tried installing Tools for surface, for dock, etc. Monitor was running fine, though still not detected by surface, then quit on me when I turned... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by JimTabasz, Apr 12, 2020.

1. JimTabasz Win User

surface dock not detecting 2nd monitor -

Ive tried installing Tools for surface, for dock, etc. Monitor was running fine, though still not detected by surface, then quit on me when I turned off overnight.

Also, each time recovering from sleep, I get message Oops weve encountered an issue, have to restart, then it goes thru a reboot sequence.

:)

JimTabasz, Apr 12, 2020
  2. waldo21 Win User

2nd monitor with surface book and dock does not play nice

Almost every single time I lock my surface book connected to the docking station, the 2nd monitor does not come back when I log in. I have to turn the 2nd monitor on and off again several times, and drag a window to the 2nd monitor to get it to come back
    to life. The other super annoying thing is that all my windows that were open on the 2nd monitor are now on the screen of the surface book. A huge annoying waste of time. Does anyone have an idea of how to fix this?

waldo21, Apr 12, 2020
  3. Windows 10 - 2nd monitor not detected after update

I have a Surface Pro 3 with Windows 10 and Office 365. Just completed the latest update (1803) and now it will not detect the 2nd monitor. I have tried rebooting, running the Troubleshooter for Hardware and Devices - nothing. I have tried connecting
    the 2nd monitor direct to the tablet as well as thru the docking station. Worked fine before the update

JIMChihara, Apr 12, 2020
  4. Arun B J Win User

DVI not working on extended monitor with Surface Book docking station

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

• Make sure the power light for the docking station is on

• Make sure the monitor is getting power

• Make sure the cable is connected properly to the monitor

• Unplug and reconnect the Mini-DVI adapter on the back of your docking station

• Try flipping the connector for the adapter over (turns out some adapters can go in upside-down)

• Take the Surface out of the docking station then put it back in

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Arun B J, Apr 12, 2020
Thema:

1. surface dock not detecting 2nd monitor - - Similar Threads - surface dock detecting

2. 2nd Monitor Not Detecting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    2nd Monitor Not Detecting: Hello I was messing around with display in order to try and configure my computer. I was unsuccessful. In the process of this my 2nd display decetion does not work. What does work are all the settings and the display itself. However, the detection is the sole thing does not...
  3. 2nd Monitor Not Detecting

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    2nd Monitor Not Detecting: Hello I was messing around with display in order to try and configure my computer. I was unsuccessful. In the process of this my 2nd display decetion does not work. What does work are all the settings and the display itself. However, the detection is the sole thing does not...
  4. 2nd Monitor Not Detecting

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Not detecting 2nd monitor

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Not detecting 2nd monitor: My pc was working perfectly fine last night then I turned it on right now and only one monitor has came on. I've looked at all the display port cables and they're all fine. I'm on the latest windows update and I have the latest drivers for my graphics card. I am once again...
  6. Not detecting 2nd monitor

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Not detecting 2nd monitor: My pc was working perfectly fine last night then I turned it on right now and only one monitor has came on. I've looked at all the display port cables and they're all fine. I'm on the latest windows update and I have the latest drivers for my graphics card. I am once again...
  7. Not detecting 2nd monitor

8. 2nd monitor not detecting

in Windows 10 Customization
    2nd monitor not detecting: My 2nd monitor isnt detecting, but when I put it on 1024x786 resolution the supposed reccomended it dupicates the display, and all my drivers are up to date. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/2nd-monitor-not-detecting/18443477-4441-46c4-8ce0-cf09f836003f
  9. 2nd monitor not detected

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    2nd monitor not detected: Hey guys, I'm having issues with windows 10 and a second monitor. I finally decided to try a dual monitor system for the first time ever and I can't seem to connect the second monitor. I've went to display settings but nothing is detected when I hit the detect button. I've...
  10. 2nd monitor not detected

2nd monitor not detected: Hi there This problem has probably been asked previously but I can only find older answers whicharen't relevant. I have recently purchased a new HP Pavillion laptop and a Samsung 27" curved monitor. Laptop using Windows10. All working perfectly. A change in job and...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. surface dock doesnt detect second monitor