Windows 10: Surface Dock not working

Discus and support Surface Dock not working in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; The dock doesn't work on my computer, but works another computer. It can charge my computer, but I can't use stuff plugged into it. And before you go... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by Cody Ferguson, Nov 21, 2020.

1. Surface Dock not working

The dock doesn't work on my computer, but works another computer. It can charge my computer, but I can't use stuff plugged into it. And before you go saying to update it, I tried that, but it didn't work.

So how do I fix my issue?

P.S. I know the category is "Microsoft Store" but there is really no category that fits my issue.

:)

Cody Ferguson, Nov 21, 2020
  2. Arun B J Win User

DVI not working on extended monitor with Surface Book docking station

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

• Make sure the power light for the docking station is on

• Make sure the monitor is getting power

• Make sure the cable is connected properly to the monitor

• Unplug and reconnect the Mini-DVI adapter on the back of your docking station

• Try flipping the connector for the adapter over (turns out some adapters can go in upside-down)

• Take the Surface out of the docking station then put it back in

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Arun B J, Nov 21, 2020
  3. Brink Win User
    New Version of Surface Dock Updater Available

Source: New Version of Surface Dock Updater Available Surface

Brink, Nov 21, 2020
  4. Brink Win User

Surface Dock not working

Modernized updating for your Surface Dock in Windows 10 Surface

Source: https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/...ck/ba-p/867432

Brink, Nov 21, 2020
Thema:

Surface Dock not working

1. Surface Dock not working - Similar Threads - Surface Dock working

2. surface dock 2 flashing monitor

in Windows 10 Gaming
    surface dock 2 flashing monitor: Surface 5 using surface dock 2 monitor flashes https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/surface-dock-2-flashing-monitor/69d19fd8-5298-4aad-a7d1-1fe99f006e33
  3. surface dock 2 flashing monitor

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    surface dock 2 flashing monitor: Surface 5 using surface dock 2 monitor flashes https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/surface-dock-2-flashing-monitor/69d19fd8-5298-4aad-a7d1-1fe99f006e33
  4. Problems with Surface Book 3 and/or Dock 2

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Problems with Surface Book 3 and/or Dock 2: My NEW Surface Book 3, with the NEW Dock 2, routinely cannot find my external monitor even though it worked for multiple days in a row. It also refuses to use the Nvidia graphics to run the monitor which makes it poorer quality. It is also VERY "laggy" using the Microsoft...
  5. Surface Dock Ethernet "Unidenfitied Network"

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Surface Dock Ethernet "Unidenfitied Network": Firstly, I'd like to apologize in advance for my ignorance. This is my first time dealing with a problem such as this and I feel like I'm in over my head and I am losing my mind. I have a Surface Book 2 15 inch that I use as a desktop by connecting it to a Surface Dock....
  6. surface dock not detecting 2nd monitor -

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    surface dock not detecting 2nd monitor -: Ive tried installing Tools for surface, for dock, etc. Monitor was running fine, though still not detected by surface, then quit on me when I turned off overnight. Also, each time recovering from sleep, I get message Oops weve encountered an issue, have to restart, then it...
  7. Surface Dock firmware coming soon to Surface Pro X

in Windows 10 News
    Surface Dock firmware coming soon to Surface Pro X: The Microsoft Surface Dock engineering team will soon be rolling out firmware support for Surface Pro X to enable users of the 2-in-1 device to directly run Microsoft Surface Dock Firmware Update. Currently, to update the firmware on Surface Dock, commercial customers can use...
  8. Modernized updating for your Surface Dock in Windows 10 Surface

in Windows 10 News
    Modernized updating for your Surface Dock in Windows 10 Surface: The latest firmware for Surface Dock now runs automatically in the background and simplifies the process of keeping your Surface Dock up to date. For full details, refer to Microsoft Surface Dock Firmware Update. [ATTACH] The tool comes packaged as a separate .MSI file...
  9. surface pro dock and chrome

in Windows 10 Customization
    surface pro dock and chrome: no sound from the surface pro dock when using Google Chrome. all my other applications work https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/surface-pro-dock-and-chrome/037fb1d1-66c3-4ca9-ad78-a271fb2f8e9c
  10. Surface Dock won't recognize monitors

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Surface Dock won't recognize monitors: I just did the latest update and now my surface dock (used with a surface pro 4 - 16 RAM - 512 SSD) won't recognize the attached monitors... I can see one monitor at a time if I attach it directly to the surface pro, but I NEED both monitors for my work.. What happened? I...