Windows 10: Surface Dock won't recognize monitors

Discus and support Surface Dock won't recognize monitors in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I just did the latest update and now my surface dock (used with a surface pro 4 - 16 RAM - 512 SSD) won't recognize the attached monitors... I can see... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by MichaelRSullivanNE, Dec 15, 2018.

1. Surface Dock won't recognize monitors

I just did the latest update and now my surface dock (used with a surface pro 4 - 16 RAM - 512 SSD) won't recognize the attached monitors... I can see one monitor at a time if I attach it directly to the surface pro, but I NEED both monitors for my work.. What happened? I need this fixed and can't find a solution. Please contact me ASAP

:)

MichaelRSullivanNE, Dec 15, 2018
  2. Arun B J Win User

DVI not working on extended monitor with Surface Book docking station

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

• Make sure the power light for the docking station is on

• Make sure the monitor is getting power

• Make sure the cable is connected properly to the monitor

• Unplug and reconnect the Mini-DVI adapter on the back of your docking station

• Try flipping the connector for the adapter over (turns out some adapters can go in upside-down)

• Take the Surface out of the docking station then put it back in

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Arun B J, Dec 15, 2018
  3. Surface Pro 4 Docking issues

Our company has several Surface pros in use from 2, 3 and a few 4's. We are using dual monitors with several of them. We are trying to get the best all-around connection to them but still loose monitors occasionally. Sometimes it’s an issue trying to
    reconnect them. We use some Docking Station's with the StarTech MSTMDP123DP with display port to DVI at the monitors for some users. We are also trying the Surface Dock. We are having an issue with the Surface Dock right now using the Mini Display to a DVI
    on a Samsung S24C200 Monitor or Mini Display to Display Port on the monitor side using the Samsung S24E450DL monitor. When plugged into the Dock the monitor will not show, just a black screen, but it is recognized on the surface. Sometimes it will show the
    image but not use the whole monitor even at recommended resolution. If I plug it in on the Display port on the surface itself it works perfect. Should we be using an active monitor cable with the Surface Dock. Please review this and help with a solution. What
    is the best performance monitors and cabling without an extreme cost? Thanks for your help.

Tuckermouse1, Dec 15, 2018
  4. I3C
    i3c Win User

Surface Dock won't recognize monitors

surface dock ethernet disconnects intermittently

Hi This is my second Surface Dock (connected to Surface Book) The first one intermittently lost connection to my monitor. After many attempts to remedy I ended up solving the problem by replacing it.

The replacement is working ok with my monitor but now the Ethernet disconnects intermittently. Hopefully I don't have another faulty dock. Any suggestions?

Thema:

Surface Dock won't recognize monitors

1. Surface Dock won't recognize monitors - Similar Threads - Surface Dock won't

2. surface dock 2 flashing monitor

in Windows 10 Gaming
    surface dock 2 flashing monitor: Surface 5 using surface dock 2 monitor flashes https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/surface-dock-2-flashing-monitor/69d19fd8-5298-4aad-a7d1-1fe99f006e33
  3. surface dock 2 flashing monitor

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    surface dock 2 flashing monitor: Surface 5 using surface dock 2 monitor flashes https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/surface-dock-2-flashing-monitor/69d19fd8-5298-4aad-a7d1-1fe99f006e33
  4. Surface Book 3 + Surface Dock 2 Not Recognizing Second Monitor

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Surface Book 3 + Surface Dock 2 Not Recognizing Second Monitor: My workstation is set up such that I have a Surface Book 3 SB3 connected to a Surface Dock 2 SD2. The SD2 is in turn connected via two USB-C to DVI-D dual link cables to two external monitors. I've noticed an issue that when I connect my SB3 to my SD2, only one of the...
  5. Surface Book 3 + Surface Dock 2 Not Recognizing Second Monitor

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Surface Book 3 + Surface Dock 2 Not Recognizing Second Monitor: My workstation is set up such that I have a Surface Book 3 SB3 connected to a Surface Dock 2 SD2. The SD2 is in turn connected via two USB-C to DVI-D dual link cables to two external monitors. I've noticed an issue that when I connect my SB3 to my SD2, only one of the...
  6. Surface Book 3 + Surface Dock 2 Not Recognizing Second Monitor

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. Surface Dock not working

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Surface Dock not working: The dock doesn't work on my computer, but works another computer. It can charge my computer, but I can't use stuff plugged into it. And before you go saying to update it, I tried that, but it didn't work. So how do I fix my issue? P.S. I know the category is "Microsoft...
  8. Surface stopped recognizing mouse and keyboard dongle in docking station

Surface stopped recognizing mouse and keyboard dongle in docking station: My Microsoft mouse and keyboard pair has a dongle that is connected to the ports in the dock. The computer will not recognize the mouse and keyboard. When I move the dongle directly to the Surface USB port, they are both recognized. Thanks....
  9. surface dock not detecting 2nd monitor -

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    surface dock not detecting 2nd monitor -: Ive tried installing Tools for surface, for dock, etc. Monitor was running fine, though still not detected by surface, then quit on me when I turned off overnight. Also, each time recovering from sleep, I get message Oops weve encountered an issue, have to restart, then it...
  10. Surface Display Dock not showing external monitor

Surface Display Dock not showing external monitor: Hi! So i have in my possession a Surface Display Dock which was originally use for Lumia Continuum. I'm plugging it into my Laptop (MSI, Core i7-8750H, GTX1650 Max-Q). The Dock has been detected and i can use the USB port on it for my Keyboard and mouse, The drivers are...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. surface pro 4 docking station one monitor wont work

2. surface dock wont detect monitor

3. surface pro not detecting monitor

4. surface pro dock will not recognize monitor,
  5. surface pro 4 wont detect monitor,
  6. surface pro wont detect monitor,
  7. surface docking station not detecting monitor,
  8. surface dock not detecting monitor,
  9. extending display on surface dock,
  10. surface pro not recognizing dock,
  11. why wont my surface pro recognize multiple screens,