Windows 10: Surface - drive flashing flashing problems

Discus and support Surface - drive flashing flashing problems in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I'm having some issues with BalenaEtcher. Every time I try to flash a Raspberry Pi OS image, my computer crashes - When I re-insert the disk, my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Chase Yiu, Mar 3, 2021.

1. Chase Yiu Win User

Surface - drive flashing flashing problems

I'm having some issues with BalenaEtcher. Every time I try to flash a Raspberry Pi OS image, my computer crashes - When I re-insert the disk, my computer crashes AGAIN. Why is this happening?

Here are the minidump files...
    https://1drv.ms/u/s!AgdCb7JIHkl-hN4ISM9YQHCsHNUaKA?e=OWj09t

I'm using a Surface Pro 7, reinstalled with the surface recovery image. 16GB RAM, 512 SSD.

:)

Chase Yiu, Mar 3, 2021
  2. Riel Alc Win User

Flash drive problem

Hi Muhammad,

It seems that your flush drive is having an issue since you've tried different third party softwares to reformat it. To fix the possible error on your flash drive, we suggest performing a check disk. To do so, please follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key + X, then select Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Type chkdsk /f C:, then hit Enter.
    Note: Change C: to the drive letter of your flash drive.

3. Once you're done, try to reformat your flash drive.

Feel free to post back with the result for further assistance.

Riel Alc, Mar 3, 2021
  3. Mayra Aqu Win User
    CD to flash drive

Hi Pam,

There are several ways to copy your pictures from the CD to the Flash drive. One of which is by using the shortcut keys to copy and paste it.

We suggest following the steps below:

• Insert the CD and flash drive to your PC.
    • Use Cortana and type File Explorer then click it.
    • Choose This PC.
    • Open the CD drive.
    • If all the pictures are in a specific folder, press Ctrl + A
      on your keyboard to automatically choose all the pictures then, press Ctrl + C to copy it.
    • Afterwards, Open the Flash drive, choose the location where you want to copy the pictures then press
      Ctrl + V to paste it.

Let us know if you need anything else.

Mayra Aqu, Mar 3, 2021
  4. Sher Amo Win User

Copying movie to Flash Drive

Hi Todd,

One way on how to save and move files to a flash drive is by using the File Explorer in Windows 10. To assist you with your concern, to save your movie file to a flash drive, we suggest that you follow these steps:

• Connect your USB flash drive to your PC.
    • Navigate to the folder or location where you save your movie files.
    • Right-click on the movie file and select
      Copy
    • Right-click on the Start menu, and select
      File Explorer.
    • On the left-pane, double-click on This PC.
    • Double-click on the drive letter that correspond to your USB flash drive.
    • Right-click and select Paste.
    • Wait for the process to complete the transfer.
    • Once you’re done, you can safely remove your USB flash drive.

Let us know if the solution above works for you.

Sher Amo, Mar 3, 2021
Thema:

1. Surface - drive flashing flashing problems - Similar Threads - Surface drive flashing

2. problem with usb flash drives

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    problem with usb flash drives: Hello, it's been since this morning that I've been experiencing this problem with my pc. After taking a USB stick from a friend to get some files, I started to notice a strange behavior from the pc. Every time I insert a USB stick, two things happen: first, the device window...
  3. problem with usb flash drives

in Windows 10 Gaming
    problem with usb flash drives: Hello, it's been since this morning that I've been experiencing this problem with my pc. After taking a USB stick from a friend to get some files, I started to notice a strange behavior from the pc. Every time I insert a USB stick, two things happen: first, the device window...
  4. Flash drive Problems

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Flash drive Problems: Using a flash drive to download pictures and vidoes. I can down load a certain number of files, then the files on the drive show are in a completely unplayable format. The drives are 2TB so there is plenty of space. Any help would be very appreciated...
  5. FLASH DRIVE PROBLEMS

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    FLASH DRIVE PROBLEMS: FLASH DRIVE INVALID TIME STAMP FIRST ALLOCATION UNIT IS NOT VALID https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/flash-drive-problems/50c26b71-4312-462f-8cf6-cf0b2f8f499e
  6. Problem with flash drive

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Problem with flash drive: When i plug my flash drive it say that its read only, I tried to remove it with diskpart ( attributes disk clear readonly ) and it say "Disk attributes cleared successfully.", but when i try to format it, still says that its read only. submitted by /u/Aplicat0r9 [link]...
  7. USB Flash Drive Problem... or ?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB Flash Drive Problem... or ?: I picked up a Hama brand 128Gb USB2 drive a couple of weeks ago from a reputable component supplier. The drive was retail packaged and I have no doubts over its authenticity. When used on my Dell i5 laptop running W10 insider builds I find the drive freezes when transferring...
  8. Problem with flash drive

Problem with flash drive: I use a Dell Inspiron 5379 laptop and a flash drive that has an issue. When I tried to transfer a 2 GB folder, the process stopped at 60% and stuck. Then I heard a sound like USB disconnecting and reconnecting continue. The files are not corrupted but the issue persists. I...
  9. USB Flash Drive Problem

USB Flash Drive Problem: Hey guys, So, I have this 8 GB USB Flash Drive which is completely empty, no hidden files/folders, nothing. But it says that around 1 GB is used - Imgur: The most awesome images on the Internet Why is that? Can I free up that memory? Not that it's very important, but I...
  10. Problem with flash drive

Problem with flash drive: I have a question about my flash drive. It's a 4GB PNY and usually works with no problem when I plug it in. But lately when I plug it into my laptop (a 2 month old laptop with Windows 10), it plays a quick tune indicating I plugged it in, but it doesn't actually show up on my...