Windows 10: Surface Drive Retention: Keep your old drive, get a new one

Discus and support Surface Drive Retention: Keep your old drive, get a new one in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Surface devices are often chosen for use in data-sensitive environments. When a device needs to be serviced or replaced, our customers told us they... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, Apr 7, 2020.

1. Brink Win User

Surface Drive Retention: Keep your old drive, get a new one

Source: https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/...e/ba-p/1242914

:)

Brink, Apr 7, 2020
  2. Brink Win User

Source: https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/...e/ba-p/1242914

Brink, Apr 7, 2020
  3. How to stop File History on the old drive and start File History on a new drive?

I use the external drive
    for File History and have a lot of information there. I want to restart the File History process on a new drive and place the previous File History drive off-site.

Please suggest the steps to stop File History on the old drive and start File History on a new drive.

CindyRomero, Apr 7, 2020
  4. GlynParry Win User

Old Hard drive to new hard drive

I now have my old hard drive converted to an external drive and am wondering what is the best way to move files from the old to the new. I was thinking of booting the old drive and saving the files I want to the cloud and then downloading them to my new
    computer. Does anyone have any other suggestions?

GlynParry, Apr 7, 2020
Thema:

1. Surface Drive Retention: Keep your old drive, get a new one - Similar Threads - Surface Drive Retention

2. Old Master Hard drive into your New Computer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Old Master Hard drive into your New Computer: What if , You put in a Old Master Hard drive into your New Computer ,That Both Computers. The Old Computer which you have taking the hard drive from, both have Asus mother board's both are running Window's 10 an the same edition ,also they both have the same user , an...
  3. Old Master Hard drive into your New Computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Old Master Hard drive into your New Computer: What if , You put in a Old Master Hard drive into your New Computer ,That Both Computers. The Old Computer which you have taking the hard drive from, both have Asus mother board's both are running Window's 10 an the same edition ,also they both have the same user , an...
  4. Move "My Documents" to new drive, keep it synced with One Drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Move "My Documents" to new drive, keep it synced with One Drive: Hello, My computer had a 128 GB drive C: and I just added a new larger drive D:. On that first drive C: I have the operating system, programs and files. To save space and keep a backup, I have all my files My Documents, Desktop synced with One Drive. My intention is to move...
  5. Move "My Documents" to new drive, keep it synced with One Drive

Move "My Documents" to new drive, keep it synced with One Drive: Hello, My computer had a 128 GB drive C: and I just added a new larger drive D:. On that first drive C: I have the operating system, programs and files. To save space and keep a backup, I have all my files My Documents, Desktop synced with One Drive. My intention is to move...
  6. One drive keep files in One Drive but not in the computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    One drive keep files in One Drive but not in the computer: My files will be deleted from my computer but I don't want to lose my files. I need to keep them on my one drive but I must do this from my Samsung phone One Drive because I don't have access to my computer....
  7. One drive keep files in One Drive but not in the computer

One drive keep files in One Drive but not in the computer: My files will be deleted from my computer but I don't want to lose my files. I need to keep them on my one drive but I must do this from my Samsung phone One Drive because I don't have access to my computer....
  8. New pc with old drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    New pc with old drive: I Just installed windows onto my pc and I have an old drive with all my stuff. How can I open all my programs from my old drive because they are not appearing on windows?...
  9. Surface device capacity / One Drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Surface device capacity / One Drive: The capacity of my local drive is 238GB which I anticipated would be well beyond my needs when I bought the device. How wrong I was and now it is approaching capacity. While the Storage Sense function is running in the background I can see that I need to run some...
  10. Boot windows from new drive while keeping old drive’s file?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Boot windows from new drive while keeping old drive’s file?: I just bought a new ssd to install windows on because my hard drive sounds like the Daytona 500 when booting up. I have 100s of gbs worth of programs and files I want to keep. Anyway of having windows on both, but only running on one? submitted by /u/MostLikelyALlama...