Windows 10: Surface earbuds - Callers can't really hear me or the sound is distorted

Discus and support Surface earbuds - Callers can't really hear me or the sound is distorted in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi I have the new surface earbuds and sound is great!, but when using the call / phone function users report hearing a hallow sound and echo. I like... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by peterxlee, May 23, 2020.

1. peterxlee Win User

Surface earbuds - Callers can't really hear me or the sound is distorted

Hi I have the new surface earbuds and sound is great!, but when using the call / phone function users report hearing a hallow sound and echo. I like the functionality and sound the unit provies, but if callers can't really hear me its a return. Is there a fix for this or has anyone else report this problem? Do I have a defective unit?

:)

peterxlee, May 23, 2020
  2. Opie540 Win User

sound distorted after windows 10 anniversary upgrade

This is where I'm at on my HP laptop with Windows 10 and the Anniversary update.

I completed step #3 "hardware and sound" but that took me to an option for "sound, speakers." There was no "properties" as step #4 suggests. I selected "sound, speakers" and then found "properties." After selecting "properties" there was no "enhancements
    tab" as step #5 suggests.

Regardless, I then uninstalled the realtek audio driver. I noticed that when I did this without restarting my laptop that the sound was now tinny, but not distorted as it was previously. After restarting, the sound was again full, yet distorted.

Realtek still shows in my programs list, though it shows no memory is used.

Thanks for your continued help.

Opie540, May 23, 2020
  3. mikario Win User
    N73 distorted ringtone sound

Phone has worked fine for 6 mths.....when listing to ringtones in the setting menu they sound fine but when I have assigned one to a caller and they phone the ring is distorted and out of tune..any ideas

mikario, May 23, 2020
  4. Ryan Fra Win User

Distorted Sound

Hi Zaki,

Distorted sound can be be produces if there is an issue with the hardware or software. Please answer the following questions for us to narrow down this concern:

• Is it affecting all music, videos, and online videos?
    • Which sound card is set to default? Realtek High Definition Audio or High Definition Audio Device? You will know it by typing
      "sound" on the search box and select Sound, under Playback, the default speaker should have a check.

Please run Playing Audio Troubleshooter by following these steps:

• Type "troubleshooting" on the search box.
    • Select Troubleshooting on the result.
    • Click View all.
    • Choose Playing Audio and follow the steps.

Looking forward to your reply.

Ryan Fra, May 23, 2020
Thema:

1. Surface earbuds - Callers can't really hear me or the sound is distorted - Similar Threads - Surface earbuds Callers

2. Background sound quality is really bad in earbuds when voicechat

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Background sound quality is really bad in earbuds when voicechat: Hello. I'm on my HP Spectre and running Windows 10 with my JBL earbuds. Whenever I'm in a voice chat, whether it's Zoom or Discord, all other sounds on my computer sound really bad. They sound like back in the day when a pair of headphone's cable was broken. This is obviously...
  3. Can't test or hear sounds

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can't test or hear sounds: After a system restore I heard an annoying alert sound of some sort, so decided to change my sound settings. I changed my sounds to None, with designated exceptions. I chose the exceptions by clicking the particular alerts, for which I chose .wav sounds. But the Test buttons...
  4. CORTONA CAN'T HEAR ME

in Cortana
    CORTONA CAN'T HEAR ME: I just purchased my windows 10 todday. i haven't purchase a headset jack jet. Cortona can't hear me. do i need one a headset jack to use cortona? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cortona-cant-hear-me/a24e552f-4d01-49c3-96e4-3f068afaae9a
  5. Cortana can't hear me

Cortana can't hear me: Cortana can't hear me, why? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cortana-cant-hear-me/bce75771-6b05-49fc-9bd0-c5aa1e267e16
  6. Cortana can't hear me

Cortana can't hear me: Cortana can't hear me how can I fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cortana-cant-hear-me/f870e124-4da6-48f3-8f1d-833201021bbe
  7. Cortana can't hear me.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Cortana can't hear me.: I have gone through all of the activation and set up instructions for voice recognition, have checked all of the appropriate boxes, but to no avail. I can see and hear people during connections on Skype, messenger etc, but they cannot hear me. Can anyone help?...
  8. I can't hear sound.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    I can't hear sound.: [ATTACH] For some reason out of nowhere my headset got muted and I don't have sound with my headset. I tried other headphones, but when I plug them in they are muted too. Please help....
  9. Distorted Sounds

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Distorted Sounds: My sound ever since i got a new mother board got distorted. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/distorted-sounds/0901ceb5-0dea-458a-867f-341aedf30649
  10. i can hear skype caller but they cannot hear me. win 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    i can hear skype caller but they cannot hear me. win 10: please help per subject line https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/i-can-hear-skype-caller-but-they-cannot-hear-me/0f8eabb1-4a32-4e35-9916-e31c608f0efc