Windows 10: Surface Ergonomic Keyboard and Mouse going to sleep

Discus and support Surface Ergonomic Keyboard and Mouse going to sleep in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I run Windows 10 most recent public updates on Surface Pro. I have the Surface Ergonomic Keyboard and Mouse connected via bluetooth. Last 4 weeks... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by JAMAJ79, May 15, 2020.

1. JAMAJ79 Win User

Surface Ergonomic Keyboard and Mouse going to sleep

I run Windows 10 most recent public updates on Surface Pro.

I have the Surface Ergonomic Keyboard and Mouse connected via bluetooth. Last 4 weeks when I go away from the computer for awhile min 15 mins the keyboard/mouse go to sleep. Sometimes it even falls asleep while on Zoom video calls and its hard to wake it up. I have to right click like crazy and hit the windows key on the keyboard 30+ times to get it to wake up. The mouse wakes up faster than the keyboard.

My computer doesn't auto lock or go to sleep.

The only setting I can see that changed is I installed Edge Chromium and Slack app. I don't think those have anything to do with it, but thought I would mention it.

I downloaded the keyboard/mouse app from windows but don't see any settings to force it to not sleep.

Anyone have any thoughts on how to fix it?

*We have another laptop a Dell, it does the same thing.

:)

JAMAJ79, May 15, 2020
  2. Argel Obm Win User

Issues with Surface Ergonomic Keyboard

To isolate the concern, is your computer also freezing when you're not using the new keyboard? This is for us to know if the issue is being caused by the keyboard or a program on your computer.

In the meantime, kindly uninstall the Surface Ergonomic Keyboard drive, and then re-install it. To do this, follow the steps below:

• (Make sure the Surface Ergonomic Keyboard is connected) Right click the Start button.
    • Click Device Manager.
    • Expand Keyboards.
    • Look for the driver of the Surface Ergonomic Keyboard. Right click the Surface Ergonomic Keyboard driver, and the choose,
      Uninstall.
    • On the Confirm Device Removal dialog box, click the
      Delete the driver software for this device
      option to delete the driver package that was used for the device.
    • After deleting the driver, visit this
      link
      and download the driver software.
    • After downloading the driver software, run it to install.
    • After installing the driver, restart your computer.
    • After restarting, observe if your computer will freeze after waking up the Surface Ergonomic Keyboard.
    After performing the steps, kindly share with us the result.

Argel Obm, May 15, 2020
  3. BLUTOOTH - Wake from Sleep & Navigate BOIS | Microsoft Surface Ergonomic Keyboard and Surface Precision Mouse

I have two problems. I've just built a new PC. The motherboard is the GIGABYTE Aorus Pro WiFi Z390, which has BT and WiFi on board. I have purchase Microsoft Surface Ergonomic Keyboard and Microsoft Surface Precision Mouse.

First Problem: I'm unable to enter the BIOS. It seems that until the OS loads the Keyboard has no connectivity. I have read that some Microsoft Keyboards connect over a different means during startup but I don't know if this is possible with their latest Surface Ergonomic Keyboard. Is it at all possible for me to get into the BIOS and navigate the BIOS?

Second Problem: Moving the mouse doesn't wake the PC from sleep. I've checked the power management options for the mouse and it already has permission to wake the PC from sleep. Why is the mouse not waking the PC from sleep?

The motherboard has ACPI 5.0 so surely these features should be working.

Am I ultimately going to need to buy an additional keyboard simply for entering the BIOS?

Many Thanks!!

Duncan Gravill, May 15, 2020
  4. Eric_747 Win User

Issues with Surface Ergonomic Keyboard

Thanks. Answers below:

• Does the issue occur when using the keyboard on another Windows 10 computer?
    I have not tried on another computer.

• When the computer freezes, have you checked if you can move the mouse pointer or if you can type using the built-in keyboard of your laptop?
    No I cannot move the mouse pointer or type with the built-in keyboard of the laptop.

• Does the issue occur when using the built-in keyboard of your laptop?
    No, only when "waking" the surface ergonomic laptop after not using for a few minutes.

• What is the model of your laptop?
    It's a Dell Latitude 6330

Eric_747, May 15, 2020
Thema:

1. Surface Ergonomic Keyboard and Mouse going to sleep - Similar Threads - Surface Ergonomic Keyboard

2. Microsoft Surface Ergonomic Keyboard not turning on

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Surface Ergonomic Keyboard not turning on: My Microsoft keyboard is not connecting to the computer. Went through the troubleshooting and that did not help solve the issue. The Bluetooth light is not coming on when prompted by pressing the bluetooth button for 5 to 7 seconds. The keyboard was working and connecting...
  3. Microsoft Surface Ergonomic Keyboard not turning on

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Surface Ergonomic Keyboard not turning on: My Microsoft keyboard is not connecting to the computer. Went through the troubleshooting and that did not help solve the issue. The Bluetooth light is not coming on when prompted by pressing the bluetooth button for 5 to 7 seconds. The keyboard was working and connecting...
  4. Ergonomic mouse, keyboard, keypad.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ergonomic mouse, keyboard, keypad.: I have the ergonomic mouse, keyboard and nuber keypad combo and the left click button no longer works. this is the second that has done this to me so it's getting expensive.How can I resolve?...
  5. Ergonomic mouse, keyboard, keypad.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Ergonomic mouse, keyboard, keypad.: I have the ergonomic mouse, keyboard and nuber keypad combo and the left click button no longer works. this is the second that has done this to me so it's getting expensive.How can I resolve?...
  6. Wired Keyboard or Mouse & Surface Go 2

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Wired Keyboard or Mouse & Surface Go 2: Looking for a gadget or gizmo that will allow my USB wired old skool keyboard and/or mouse communicate with a Surface Go 2. It has a usb-c jack.. It has wi-fi and bluetooth. Maybe a std usb hub that uses a usb-c plug that will plug into the computer? -thank you 175883
  7. Wired Keyboard or Mouse & Surface Go 2

in Windows 10 Support
    Wired Keyboard or Mouse & Surface Go 2: Looking for a gadget or gizmo that will allow my USB wired old skool keyboard and/or mouse communicate with a Surface Go 2. It has a usb-c jack.. It has wi-fi and bluetooth. Maybe a std usb hub that uses a usb-c plug that will plug into the computer? -thank you 175883
  8. Microsoft Ergonomic Mouse & Keyboard

Microsoft Ergonomic Mouse & Keyboard: I have had the ergonomic mouse and keyboard with Bluetooth dongle for about 2 years or so and for the past year, I have been struggling to get the mouse to function. I have changed the batteries in it 2-3 times and I can now say, it isn't that. Today, the mouse works as long...
  9. Microsoft Surface Go 2 - Microsoft Surface Modern Mouse and Surface Go Keyboard...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Microsoft Surface Go 2 - Microsoft Surface Modern Mouse and Surface Go Keyboard...: I recently purchased a Microsoft Surface Go 2 back in July. Everything was working great until I noticed that the Modern Mouse and Surface Go Keyboard I purchased with it would randomly start disconnecting. This would usually be after leaving my desk for a few minutes. I have...
  10. Microsoft Surface Ergonomic Keyboard bluetooth constantly disconnects on sleep or inactivity

Microsoft Surface Ergonomic Keyboard bluetooth constantly disconnects on sleep or inactivity: Hi Support, I am having an issue that several people seem to have had before me. There are relevant threads at "Designer Bluetooth Desktop Keyboard bluetooth constantly disconnecting" and at "Bluetooth will not connect when the PC wakes up from sleep on Windows 10". Those...