Windows 10: Surface error message

Discus and support Surface error message in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have a Surface and now when I turn it on I am getting the following error message of Recovery - Your PC needs to be repaired. An unexpected error has... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by LaTinaHarris, Jan 25, 2019.

1. Surface error message

I have a Surface and now when I turn it on I am getting the following error message of Recovery - Your PC needs to be repaired. An unexpected error has occurred.

Error code:0xc000000e

You'll need to use the recovery tools on your installation media. if you don't have any installation media (like disc or USB device) Contact System Admin or PC Manufacturer.

Press the Windows key to try again.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

:)

LaTinaHarris, Jan 25, 2019

2. Windows Update Error Message 0x80070543

Ya Ya Ya, there's over a hundred threads like this, ...

Anyway, started getting this error message a few days ago, and done a lot of searching on this error message, apparently it's not, uncommon.

In particular, the (currently) 4 updates that are being affected are:
    • Update for Windows 10 Version 1511 (KB3173428) - Error 0x80070543
    • Security Update for Windows 10 Version 1511 (KB3172729) - Error 0x80070543
    • Security Update for Adobe Flash Player for Windows 10 Version 1511 (KB3174060) - Error 0x80070543
    • Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1511 (KB3176493) - Error 0x80070543

The actions I've taken to date are:
    1. Uninstalled firewall program (comodo)
    2. Uninstalled anti-virus (Avast)
    3. Reset the windows update catalog on local machine.

So the above errors are with the above done.

What other steps should I be taking to resolve the issue?

Below is notations for when I actually add to this thread.

1. Attempted to use the troubleshooter, no dice.

cDreamDancer, Jan 25, 2019
  3. Mussels Win User
    the witcher demo

^ what they said will both work. i suggest updating directX, and in the future please try and list the exact error message... and i want a muffin.

Mussels, Jan 25, 2019
  4. Remon Ont Win User

Surface error message

Surface Pro 4 Log in issues

Hello Bex,

For us to help you suggest steps to resolve the issue, we would like to know some information:

• Did you get any error messages when signing in to your account?
    • Have you made any significant changes prior to this issue?
    • Have you tried to login using a different Microsoft account or local account on the computer?

We suggest that you try the troubleshooting steps provided by Ashish Sondhi on this

link

Post us back with the result.

Remon Ont, Jan 25, 2019
Thema:

Surface error message

1. Surface error message - Similar Threads - Surface error message

2. error message

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    error message: I have the following message when tried to install a program: “A device attached to the system is not functioning”.What cause this and how can I solve this problem.Thanks,Hiram...
  3. Error message

Error message: I keep getting a message saying "Your account is out of date" on my email. When I try to fix it, I get a message saying something went wrong Error code: 0x8019019a. Does anyone know what this means, or can help me correct it?...
  4. Error messages

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Error messages: Every few minutes i get various error messages , mostly from synaptics incorporate audio, image attached below. i also get similar ones from microsoft office hub and whatsapp. often the spotify app sends these error notes, i can reinstall the app and it works fine for a few...
  5. Error message

Error message: I continually get the message "There was an error sending your message" Part of what I had typed showed up in drafts and I would start over. Restarting my computer would let me get an email to go through for a short time. I can go to the browser and finish but that it...
  6. "A supported tablet was not found on the system" - Wacom error message on the Surface Pro...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    "A supported tablet was not found on the system" - Wacom error message on the Surface Pro...: Ok so this morning my pressure sensitivity was working just fine. Until I installed Wacom's latest driver for their Bamboo Ink. After I discovered that it took away my pressure sensitivity, I tried to undo the problem. I deleted the driver and restarted my device, but nothing...
  7. Back-up Issue, Surface Studio, Error message: Error 0X80070013 BACKUP FAILS - MESSAGE MEDIA...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Back-up Issue, Surface Studio, Error message: Error 0X80070013 BACKUP FAILS - MESSAGE MEDIA...: Hi All, Since the latest upgrade to 1809 on my Surface Studio - the backup does fail every time I try despite all maneuvers I followed. Here we go again, same pain to go through...reminds me of last October, when it was a failor. So since February 20th, I have not...
  8. error message

in Windows 10 Customization
    error message: error c\:windows\system32\logilda.dll missing entry:logifetch https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/error-message/40e418f5-d847-49c4-8c4e-43f3254bdd37
  9. Error message

in Windows 10 Customization
    Error message: Whenever I try to download a torrent , my Java platform fails to launch because I get an error message that says No JVM could be found on your system , please define EXE4J_JAVA_HOME to point to an installed 64 - bit JDK or JRE or download a JRE from www.java.com. I've...
  10. Error message.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Error message.: When right clicking on a picture, choosing send to, mail recipient, choosing the size, send, I get an error message "the program that associates with this cannot be found". I tried several things to get it to work and had to revert to the previous Microsoft version to get it...