Windows 10: Surface Factory Settings

Discus and support Surface Factory Settings in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; How can I reset my surface to factory settings without logging into windows?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by ScottMcIntyre2, May 14, 2019.

1. Surface Factory Settings

How can I reset my surface to factory settings without logging into windows?

:)

ScottMcIntyre2, May 14, 2019

2. SURFACE PRO 3 RESET TO FACTORY DEFAULTS PROBLEM

The camera caused a system freeze every time it was activated so I thought why not restore.

• I attempted to reset my Surface Pro 3 to Factory defaults.
    • The Surface Pro made it to 1% then crashed.
    • Now it is in a reboot loop.

I have tried several times and now it gives an "Unable to reset your PC. A required drive partition is missing" error.

Do you have any suggestions on how to make it work again?

ScottPlatt1, May 14, 2019
  3. IggSter Win User
    How to factory reset Cisco 1700 Router

Hopefully I can help you here....its a very common thing to happen.

First, I take it you dont know the passwords for console access or telnet/ssh?

I will assume that these devices belong to you.

step 1. Plug a cisco console cable into a serial port on your pc
    step 2. Plug other end into Cisco console port
    step 3. Using hyperterm or putty or similar connect to the serial port
    step 4. boot router, and make sure you clearly can see the output (this confirms you have good serial comms)
    step 5. if this fails, adjust the comm port settings (9600, 8,1,n are the default)
    step 6. now you have to do the only hard part...send the break command:

Break command list: Break Commands

Go down the list and match your OS and SW and try the sequence suggested.

If this fails several times do what I do: Install putty (free) and then to send a break so you can get into rommom just hit "ctrl-a b".

IggSter, May 14, 2019
  4. Aaron_Sum Win User

Surface Factory Settings

SURFACE PRO 3 RESET TO FACTORY DEFAULTS PROBLEM

Hi,

Thank you for posting to Microsoft Community.

The error “A required drive partition is missing” usually occurs when you attempt a system reset or refresh in Windows and the MBR or BCD record is corrupted.

I would suggest you to create a recovery drive. You may go through this article on ‘Creating
    and using a USB recovery drive
    ’ to get you through this. Please follow the steps on ‘How to reset your Surface to factory conditions using a downloaded recovery image’ in the same article to get you through the factory reset.

Disclaimer: A reset returns your Surface to its factory settings. It deletes all of your personal files, resets your settings, and removes all apps that you installed.

Hope it helps.

Aaron Summith

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Aaron_Sum, May 14, 2019
Thema:

Surface Factory Settings

1. Surface Factory Settings - Similar Threads - Surface Factory Settings

2. Factory setting

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Factory setting: Good day I am trying to reset my laptop as new Factory without succes someone can help me ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/factory-setting/7f8deb1f-b4a4-41a4-a264-89fd5c8210bf
  3. Surface Pro - Reset to Factory Settings

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Surface Pro - Reset to Factory Settings: Hi, Since I no longer use my surface Pro for my business, I want to reset the device and start from scratch. I'm not nervous about doing this and understand it might take a while for the system to update the latest patches, but I can live with that. I am twitchy about...
  4. Reformat Surface Book to factory settings

Reformat Surface Book to factory settings: Hi, my surface is not working that well and the camera stopped working. I have tried several ways to get it sorted - even did a restore but still no camera. My next step is to do a full reformat to factory settings. My question is - will this install Windows 10 again or...
  5. Factory settings

in Windows 10 Customization
    Factory settings: Hi! My old laptop is running slow and I would like to reset the whole thing. The laptop is originally windows 8/8.1 and updated to windows 10. Is there away to get the windows 10 back after factory settings. Just so I know is it worth it to reset it like get all my stuff...
  6. Factory setting

in Windows 10 Customization
    Factory setting: I need to clear my printer. How do I get it back to the factory setting. It's broken. I can't use the screen on the printer. Need to recycle. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/factory-setting/558f49af-4ccc-48a6-bb78-99fb49d3c197
  7. factory settings

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    factory settings: i nee4d to get my computyer back to factory settings please can you tell mehow thank you https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/factory-settings/80b04d72-2b5c-4672-8985-6209db2c54fb
  8. Factory settings

Factory settings: Hi. I want to reset my laptop to original factory settings - My OS was W8.1 that was upgraded to W10 - So my question is, after the resetting, what OS will I have? Tx. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/factory-settings/d2caa288-6e1f-4a4f-a07c-9c3674ac4cb6
  9. factory settings

factory settings: factory settings for dell chrome https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/factory-settings/eb890c5c-b538-496e-a9eb-88c5155b7b84
  10. Factory settings

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Factory settings: I recently bought a second hand computer and once I turned it on there's a pin pad in the top left corner and I have no idea of the pin number nor can I get it , so I need to know how can I by-pass this problem, and get back to factory settings so I can be able to use the...