Windows 10: Surface Go 2 Typing mishaps

Discus and support Surface Go 2 Typing mishaps in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; When I got this keyboard, on certain sites Discord, I've been noticing that the marker that indicates my texting suddenly go back a few spaces,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by EricNg95, Dec 11, 2020.

1. EricNg95 Win User

Surface Go 2 Typing mishaps

When I got this keyboard, on certain sites Discord, I've been noticing that the marker that indicates my texting suddenly go back a few spaces, resulting in a mismatch of my texting. For example, I may want to type "hello everyone," it can come out as "heo evyoneerll" Can anyone help me with this problem?

:)

EricNg95, Dec 11, 2020

2. Problem updating Windows Surface Pro 4 with Windows 10 feature updates

Hi,

I have manage to install image for Microsoft Surface Pro 4 by going to https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/...erecoveryimage and download a recovery image for Microsoft Surface Pro 4.

What I did to reset your Surface from a USB recovery drive was:
    Step 1: Make sure your Surface is turned off and plugged in (hold down the power
    button for 30 seconds).
    Step 2: Insert the USB recovery drive into the USB port on your Surface.
    Step 3: Press and hold the volume-down button while you press and release the
    power button on your Surface.
    Step 4: When the Surface logo appears, release the volume button.
    Step 5: When prompted, select the language and keyboard layout you want.
    Step 6: Select Troubleshoot > Reset your PC.
    If prompted for a recovery key, select Skip this drive at the bottom of the
    screen.
    Step 7: Select the target operating system you wish to reset. This
    refers to the current operating system installed on your Surface.
    Step 8: Select Yes, repartition the drives, and on the next page, select Next.
    Step 9: Choose Just remove my files.
    Step 10: Select Reset.
    Surface restarts and the Surface logo displays while the reset process continues
    (this can take a while).

This always fails and I have to do the below which continues installation.
    Windows 10 Installation Media:

1. Insert the Media (DVD/USB) in your PC and restart.
    2. Boot from the media.
    3. Select Repair Your Computer.
    Select Troubleshoot.

1. Choose Command Prompt from the menu:
    Type in the command:
    Diskpart
    Type in the command:
    List disk (Note which disk is your Boot drive number mine is 0)
    Type in the command:
    Sel disk 0
    Type in the command:
    List vol (Note which volume is the EFI partition mine is 4)
    Type in the command:
    Sel vol 4
    Type in the command:
    assign letter=V:
    Type in the command:
    Exit
    Type in the command:
    V:
    After you have assigned a drive letter Using Diskpart You can format the EFI partition:
    Example: if you assigned a letter V to the partition the command would be:
    format V: /FS:FAT32
    Type in the command:
    bcdboot C:\windows /s V: /f UEFI

Now I have an issue that I cannot install Feature Updates. They keep failing to install.
    Any ideas how to resolve issue?

jaburmester, Dec 11, 2020
  3. Tommy Win User
    Type Cover 2 not working with WIndows 10 (Release)

So, after suggesting checking for firmware updates, it does appear there was a firmware release July 23, 2015 that resolves this issue. The step-by-step directions as well as the firmware release history for the Surface Pro 2 can be found here.

Tommy, Dec 11, 2020
  4. Surface Go 2 Typing mishaps

Type Cover 2 + Surface 3 problem with Windows 10

Hi Wan,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

We regret the inconvenience caused to you. We will be glad to assist you with this issue.

I suggest you to follow the methods below and check if it helps:

Method 1: Run Hardware and device Troubleshooter

I suggest you to run the Hardware and device Troubleshooter. Follow these steps to run
    Hardware and device troubleshooter:

• Press Windows key + W and type
      troubleshooting.
    • Select Troubleshooting.
    • Select View all on the top left corner.
    • Click Hardware and device troubleshooter.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions to run the troubleshooter.
    • Check if issue persists.

Method 2: If the issue still persists, try to install
    Type Cover 2 drivers in Compatibility mode and check.

Refer the steps:

a. Download the Drive from the manufacture’s website, Right click on the setup file and select Properties.

b. Click the compatibility tab, tick the box next to Run this program in compatibility mode for and select Windows.

Let us know if it helps. For further assistance feel free to post your queries in Microsoft forums. We will be glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Sangeeta Sarkar, Dec 11, 2020
Thema:

Surface Go 2 Typing mishaps

1. Surface Go 2 Typing mishaps - Similar Threads - Surface Typing mishaps

2. Surface Go 2 Windows Installation

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Surface Go 2 Windows Installation: I have done a reset on my Surface Go 2 but the windows update is stuck at 64%. It keeps re starting at this point. Any help will be appreciated? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/surface-go-2-windows-installation/be4be299-fd06-4a1c-addb-4553a9e52c4e
  3. Surface Go 2 Windows Installation

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Surface Go 2 Windows Installation: I have done a reset on my Surface Go 2 but the windows update is stuck at 64%. It keeps re starting at this point. Any help will be appreciated? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/surface-go-2-windows-installation/be4be299-fd06-4a1c-addb-4553a9e52c4e
  4. Microsoft Surface Go 2 - Microsoft Surface Modern Mouse and Surface Go Keyboard...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Microsoft Surface Go 2 - Microsoft Surface Modern Mouse and Surface Go Keyboard...: I recently purchased a Microsoft Surface Go 2 back in July. Everything was working great until I noticed that the Modern Mouse and Surface Go Keyboard I purchased with it would randomly start disconnecting. This would usually be after leaving my desk for a few minutes. I have...
  5. Surface Go Type Cover does not wake Surface Go from sleep

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Surface Go Type Cover does not wake Surface Go from sleep: Hi, This is a pretty straightforward problem. My Surface Go Type cover will simply not wake my Surface Go 1 from sleep. I have to press the power button and enter my pin using the touchscreen in order to get into my account. Occasionally, I'll have to disconnect and...
  6. Surface Go 2

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Surface Go 2: Hi I'm hoping someone can help. I have a surface go 2 which is about a week old and i notice that when i charge from below 20% using a surface laptop charger it will only charge upto 30% normally when i leave it overnight. I've run the diagnostics tool and everything...
  7. Surface Go 2, Surface Book 3, Surface Headphones 2 and Surface Earbuds

in Windows 10 News
    Surface Go 2, Surface Book 3, Surface Headphones 2 and Surface Earbuds: Available for preorder today, new Surface devices and accessories are designed to help you work, learn, connect and play from anywhere [ATTACH] The way we work, connect and learn continues to change right in front of us. Our devices have become our window to the world...
  8. Surface go and Type C Adapter

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Surface go and Type C Adapter: Hi All, I have one Surface Go LTE versions and I'm trying to use USB -C Mobile Adapter Dell model DA300. I if Connect the adapter to the surface go in battery mode the surface is not enable to identify the adapter, viceversa if I connect the adapter to the Surface when it...
  9. Surface Go type cover and handwriting

in Windows 10 Customization
    Surface Go type cover and handwriting: Hi It seems it is impossible to use the handwriting option on screen using the surface pen (Chinese Traditional, in my case) when i have my type cover keyboard attached. when i try the set up handwriting in "setup" - it simply say "there is no handwriting option for this...
  10. Surface GO with WLAN 2 and bluetooth 2

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Surface GO with WLAN 2 and bluetooth 2: I've just recovered My Surface GO via recovery option in settings window. Now my WLAN connection in Network Adapter window appears to be WLAN 2. I tried to rename it to WLAN but the same name already existed. I don't see any connection named WLAN displayed there. The...