Windows 10: Surface Go Cameras not working

Discus and support Surface Go Cameras not working in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Surface Go New in November 2018 but I have not tried to use the cameras until recently. I find that the IR camera works but the front and rear cameras... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Davsomerset, Mar 5, 2019.

1. Surface Go Cameras not working

Surface Go New in November 2018 but I have not tried to use the cameras until recently. I find that the IR camera works but the front and rear cameras do not. They did not show under cameras in Device manager but they did show in System Devices. The Camera App did not recognise them. I followed the various 'cures' in the online threads including the disabling and enabling using UEFI non of which worked and now Device Manager does not even show them in System Devices. The Camera App is giving the error code: 0xA00F4244<NoCamerasAreAttached>. Does anyone have a working solution to this? I would be very grateful.

:)

Davsomerset, Mar 5, 2019
  2. John Vil Win User

Camera on surface tablet

Hi,

You may flip the camera on your Surface by going in to the camera app settings. Kindly refer to the steps below:

• Open the Camera App on your Surface.
    • Swipe down from the top of the camera window (this brings up the Camera Options, as seen below.)
    • Tap Change Camera.
    • Take picture as usual.
    • Tap Change Camera again if you would like the camera to facing you.

Let us know if you will need further assistance.

John Vil, Mar 5, 2019
  3. SURFACE 3 camera and sound not working

Hi Michael,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

As you are facing issues with accessing sound and camera on Surface 3 device, do let us know the following to assist you better:

• Have you made any changes to the operating system prior to this issue?
    • What exactly happens when you try to access camera and sound on your device?

This issue might have occurred due to corrupted/ missing drivers, I suggest you to try the below and check if it helps.

Step 1: Run the Hardware and Devices troubleshooter
    and check.

Hardware and Devices troubleshooter checks for common problems and makes sure that any new device or hardware connected to your PC is installed correctly.

1. Press
    Windows key from the keyboard, type Troubleshooting
    and select it.

2. Click on
    view all option on the upper left corner of Troubleshooting window.

3. Select the
    Hardware and Device options from the list.

4. Click
    Next to run the Hardware and Device Troubleshooter.

Step 2: I suggest you to install all the pending updates after upgrade to Windows 10.

Steps:

• Connect to the internet.
    • Press Windows key and type
      updates.
    • Click on Check for updates.
    • Under Windows Updates, click on
      Check for updates.
    • Try to install the updates being shown.
    Also, visit the computer manufacturer’s website and install the drivers being found and check if it helps.

For further assistance, I suggest you to refer to the below Microsoft article and check if it helps.

Browse topics for Surface 3

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue, we will be happy to help you further.

Deepika Gowda, Mar 5, 2019
  4. Surface Go Cameras not working

SURFACE BOOK 2 - IR FRONT CAMERA AND REAR CAMERA ISSUE

Click Start > Settings > Privacy > Camera

Toggle on Allow apps to access your Camera

Can you try the steps suggested in this thread for further throubleshooting?

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/surface/for...

Andre for Directly, Mar 5, 2019
Thema:

Surface Go Cameras not working

1. Surface Go Cameras not working - Similar Threads - Surface Cameras working

2. Camera IR microsoft surface go 2 not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Camera IR microsoft surface go 2 not working: Hi!Windows hello on surface go 2 is not working. Upon checking, Microsoft IR camera driver is missing. This happens after doing windows update. Can you send me a driver or direct link to the driver?Already downloaded the surface go 2 driver and firmware from this link ->...
  3. Camera IR microsoft surface go 2 not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Camera IR microsoft surface go 2 not working: Hi!Windows hello on surface go 2 is not working. Upon checking, Microsoft IR camera driver is missing. This happens after doing windows update. Can you send me a driver or direct link to the driver?Already downloaded the surface go 2 driver and firmware from this link ->...
  4. Camera IR microsoft surface go 2 not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Camera not working on Microsoft Surface 3

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Camera not working on Microsoft Surface 3: Hello, Out of the blue, my camera stopped working. It was working fine yesterday, so it's a surprise that it is not working now. As a result, I am unable to the facial recognition to log into my laptop, nor am I able to use zoom or the camera app. When I opened the camera...
  6. Surface Pro 6 Cameras not working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Surface Pro 6 Cameras not working: Hello I have a Surface pro 6 with Windows 10 Enterprise. This thing has always worked great and I love it. I recently wiped the drive clean and did a fresh install and now my front and bac cameras do not work. It keeps saying STATUS_DEVICE_POWER_FAILURE. I tried a recovery...
  7. Front-facing Camera unavailable on Surface Go

Front-facing Camera unavailable on Surface Go: Hello, Amongst all applications that utilize cameras, the only option I am provided with is use of the rear camera. This includes the Camera App, as well as Zoom video conferences, and Skype. I've done some sleuthing on the matter -- tried updating drivers and straight up...
  8. Camera doesn't work in Surface Book

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Camera doesn't work in Surface Book: Cameras are not activated and camera drivers don't appear to be present. The error is "No Cameras are attached." How can cameras be activated? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/camera-doesnt-work-in-surface-book/6ec33bcb-6865-4771-859d-4745dcf1cc49
  9. Surface Pro 6 Camera not working

Surface Pro 6 Camera not working: As of 10/29/2018 I received a new SfP-6. Everything is working except the camera, which I would like to use for Windows Hello. I have gone through and: 1. Made sure all the group policies and made sure everything for the camera is enabled 2. Validated within device...
  10. Fix Surface Pro or Surface Book Camera not working

in Windows 10 News
    Fix Surface Pro or Surface Book Camera not working: [ATTACH] There are many who would use their laptop camera for an online meeting or live streaming or maybe just call their loved ones to for celebration, and if that camera stops working, there is much of trouble. If Surface Pro [...] This post Fix Surface Pro or Surface...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. surface go camera not working

2. camera on surface go not working