Windows 10: Surface GO does not charge.

Discus and support Surface GO does not charge. in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I noticed that my Surface GO was only charging up to about 86%. I disconnected the Surface GO from the Type Cover and turned it off. After being on the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by BillGre, Sep 21, 2019.

1. BillGre Win User

Surface GO does not charge.

I noticed that my Surface GO was only charging up to about 86%. I disconnected the Surface GO from the Type Cover and turned it off. After being on the charger (the one that came with the Surface GO) for over 4 hours it still shows only 86% charge and it shows "Plugged In" but it does not show "Charging".

I only bought this Surface in May of this year so I am sure it is still under warranty. What am I to do about this problem?

Please help as soon as possible.

Bill Gregory

*** Email address is removed for privacy ***

352-634-5447

:)

BillGre, Sep 21, 2019

2. Surface Pro 3 - Plugged in but not charging

Hi Carlos,

Thank you for replying.

I suggest you to follow all the troubleshooting steps mentioned in
    Surface battery won’t charge or Surface won’t run on battery
    and see if this helps.

Hope it helps.

Let us know if you got the help you needed by clicking Yes or No.

Shafeeq_Khan, Sep 21, 2019
  3. Brink Win User
    Shop for Surface hardware on Windows 10

Source: Feedback Hub

Brink, Sep 21, 2019
  4. Surface GO does not charge.

battery indicator issue on my surface pro4

Hi,

I understand that you are having issues while charging your device and your battery indicator is not showing the percentage correctly. I'm here to help.

Share this information to assist you better.

• Are the charging connectors clean and free of damage?
    • Is your adapter working? Is the light on the connector lit when it is plugged in?
    • Does the charging status show a power plug next to the battery when it is charging?
    We suggest you to follow the steps and check if it helps:

• Press and hold the power button on your Surface for 30 seconds.
    • Press and hold the volume-up button and the power button on your Surface at the same time for at least
      15 seconds, and then release both. The screen may flash the Surface logo, but continue holding the buttons down for at least
      15 seconds.
    • After you release the buttons, wait 10 seconds.
    • Press and release the power button on your Surface to turn it back on.
    Hope this helps, let us know the status of the issue.

Rakesh Narayanaswamy, Sep 21, 2019
Thema:

Surface GO does not charge.

1. Surface GO does not charge. - Similar Threads - Surface does charge

2. Why is my Surface Go tablet stuck at 99% charge?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is my Surface Go tablet stuck at 99% charge?: My tablet completely ran out of batter yesterday, so I plugged it in, and it charged from 0% to 100%. Today, I've been using my tablet for 5+ hours straight and my tablet says the battery is still at 99%. I know it will eventually run out of battery and die, but I won't know...
  3. Why is my Surface Go tablet stuck at 99% charge?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why is my Surface Go tablet stuck at 99% charge?: My tablet completely ran out of batter yesterday, so I plugged it in, and it charged from 0% to 100%. Today, I've been using my tablet for 5+ hours straight and my tablet says the battery is still at 99%. I know it will eventually run out of battery and die, but I won't know...
  4. Does not charge

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Does not charge: My computer does not charge. I have all the right chargers and new battery. Nothing I do makes the battery indicator charge and the battery is down to 6%. Help! Joyce https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/does-not-charge/2f7debf9-4d8f-4208-8201-4f27f847d328
  5. Surface Go Type Cover does not wake Surface Go from sleep

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Surface Go Type Cover does not wake Surface Go from sleep: Hi, This is a pretty straightforward problem. My Surface Go Type cover will simply not wake my Surface Go 1 from sleep. I have to press the power button and enter my pin using the touchscreen in order to get into my account. Occasionally, I'll have to disconnect and...
  6. Surface pro 6 does not charge beyond 68%

Surface pro 6 does not charge beyond 68%: Hi everyone, For the last 6 months or so, I have noticed that y Surface Pro 6 with Windows 10 Enterprise is not charging beyond 68%. Its says 'plugged in' but does not charge the battery. It also gets very hot, feels like the battery is resisting the...
  7. surface Go

surface Go: surface Go error code 0xc0000098 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/surface-go/f668f877-4df7-4af4-8a76-33452f756cde
  8. Surface Go

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Surface Go: What is/are best programs or apps to use to make hand written notes on Surface Go? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/surface-go/3b4b4d81-89db-4e8f-b8fd-d84ef6f1dc10
  9. Surface pro charging

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Surface pro charging: I have a surface pro and after a period the connection between che charger and the device got worse and now it doesn’t work anymore. This happened also last year and then sunstituded my device, and now same problem with the new one. I changed charger many times. Did this ever...
  10. Surface Pro or Surface Book battery not charging

in Windows 10 News
    Surface Pro or Surface Book battery not charging: [ATTACH] Surface devices, especially the Surface Book devices are pretty complex. The Surface Book’s display can be taken off to be used as a tablet whereas the Surface Pro is a tablet which gets an external keyboard (type cover) and a [...] This post Surface Pro or Surface...