Windows 10: Surface Go failing windows update and having errors

Discus and support Surface Go failing windows update and having errors in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I just bought my dad a new SPG and it is failing on KB4464218 repeatedly even why I try to manually install from the update catalog. Error is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Josh Co, Sep 19, 2018.

1. Josh Co Win User

Surface Go failing windows update and having errors

I just bought my dad a new SPG and it is failing on KB4464218 repeatedly even why I try to manually install from the update catalog.

Error is 0x8007025d.

I tried the update troubleshooter which did nothing to help.

from admin command prompt

I tried to run SFC /scannow and it failes at 27% with the error: windows resource protection could not perform the requested operation sfc scannow.

I tried running chkdsk /r twice.

No changes.

Did MS sell me a LEMON?!@

Moved from: Surface Go / Install, update, and repair

:)

Josh Co, Sep 19, 2018
  2. jds21 Win User

Windows Updates failed to instal

I just did step one and they have just all installed.... thank you so much.... it was quite frustrating having that update window pop up every 5 minutes and failing to instal every time

Thanks mate

jds21, Sep 20, 2018
  3. AsRock Win User
    Windows Updates failed to instal

I'm not sure how differant XP media center Edition is but you could clear the history \ cache if these folders are there.

Step 1 Register DLL files.

=================

By trying this step, we can check if the update engines are working properly.

1. Close all instances of Internet Explorer.

2. Click Start and Run, type "Regsvr32 atl.dll" (without quotes) in the Open box and click OK.

Note: There is a space between regsvr32 and atl.dll

3. Similarly, one by one, register the files listed below:

Regsvr32 msxml3.dll

Regsvr32 wuapi.dll

Regsvr32 wuaueng.dll

Regsvr32 wuaueng1.dll

Regsvr32 wups2.dll

Regsvr32 wucltui.dll

Regsvr32 wups.dll

Regsvr32 wuweb.dll

Regsvr32 qmgr.dll

Regsvr32 qmgrprxy.dll

Regsvr32 jscript.dll

Note: If you encounter errors while registering any of these files then skip that file and continue with the next one.

If the issue persists, let's move on to the steps below to verify Windows Update services and temporary folders.

Step 2 Verify the relevant Windows Update services.

=========================================

1. Click Start->Run, type "services.msc" (without quotation marks) in the open box and click OK.

2. Double click the service "Automatic Updates".

3. Click on the Log On tab, please ensure the option "Local System account" is selected and the option "Allow service to interact with desktop" is unchecked.

4. Check if this service has been enabled on the listed Hardware Profile. If not, please click the Enable button to enable it.

5. Click on the tab "General "; make sure the "Startup Type" is "Automatic" or "Manual". Then please click the button "Stop" under "Service Status" to stop the service.

6. Then please click the button "Start" under "Service Status" to start the service.

7. Please repeat the above steps with the other services:

Background Intelligent Transfer Service

Event Log

Remote Procedure Call (RPC)

Note: Event log service is enabled on all of the hardware profiles; this service does not have an option to enable or disable on certain hardware profile.

If it still does not help, let's proceed to step 3.

Step 3 Reload the Update temporary folders.

===================================

One possible cause is that the temporary folder for Windows Update is containing corrupted files. Let's erase all the files there to get the system clean.

1. Click Start, Run, type: cmd and press Enter. Please run the following command in the opened window.

Net stop WuAuServ

2. Click Start, Run, type: %windir% and press Enter.

3. In the opened folder, rename the folder SoftwareDistribution to Sdold.

4. Click Start, Run, type: cmd and press Enter. Please run the following command in the opened window.

Net start WuAuServ

Please test the Windows Update website and let me know the result. If the issue persists, to clarify the issue and provide more accurate troubleshooting steps, please assist me in collecting the following information.

AsRock, Sep 20, 2018
  4. chideock Win User

KB4025339 Fails Install 0x80070564

Thanks
    I am trying Eagle 51's suggestions now. Windows Update troubleshooter found a bunch of errors and fixed all but one.The update is trying to download KB4025339 again. I'll see what happens. At step one troubleshooter finishes with one error unresolved "Potential Windows Update Database Error Detected-Not Fixed". Windows update stalled at 0%.

At step 2 same troubleshooter error. The KB finished a new download failed to install.
    Did step 3 KB has downloaded but fails to install.

If Eagle's suggestion doesn't work I'll try EdTittel's suggestion

Tried bothe Eagle & Ed 's suggestions - do not work. Anyone else?

I have noticed that the latest update for my nvidia drivers has failed to update. Wondering about that!

chideock, Sep 20, 2018
Thema:

1. Surface Go failing windows update and having errors - Similar Threads - Surface failing update

2. Having internet issues with Surface Go Windows 10

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Having internet issues with Surface Go Windows 10: I have no idea what to do, but my laptop won’t connect to the internet at all even though it’s connected to the wifi. My phone and other devices around the house are connecting fine, so it doesn’t appear to be the router. I have tried troubleshooting the issue and looking up...
  3. Window Surface GO

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Window Surface GO: It was doing an update and it went blue. Now it only powers up a blue screen with a code. My question is can I take it to someone to have it fixed and put a new windows 10 on it with the original apps that it had? How can this issue be fixed?...
  4. Error code 0xc000098 on a Surface Go.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Error code 0xc000098 on a Surface Go.: Hi there So last weekend we got a blue screen and this message Your PC/Device needs to be repaired” , “The Boot Configuration Data file doesn’t contain valid information for an operating system“. The error code is 0xc000098. I created a bootable USB drive from a...
  5. Surface Go BCD error on boot

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Surface Go BCD error on boot: I have got a Surface Go from a friend of mine. According to him one day he tried to boot into windows after and update and got a blue screen with an error message. Because he is not very experienced with computers, he asked me to have a look at it. I was not really...
  6. Error 0xc0000098 on surface go

Error 0xc0000098 on surface go: Windows 10 updated two days ago and yesterday my surface go crashed. I thought it was out of charge but when i plugged it in it came up with the blue error 0xc0000098. I did some googling but nothing i did seemed to work....
  7. Surface Go Won't Update

Surface Go Won't Update: So I just got a new Surface Go today, and after almost completely updating it, there's one update that won't install. It's the Feature update to Windows 10, version 1903, and it says it's installing, but right when it's about to be finished, it gives me the error "Error...
  8. Error 0x0000098 on Surface Go

Error 0x0000098 on Surface Go: Hello, I was prompted to update Windows 10 on my Surface Go, and it seems to have been botched badly somehow. This is the first time an Update has ever failed for me, and so badly as well. I have no idea what to do. Now, it gives me the following Blue Screen of Death...
  9. surface Go: error 0xc0000098 ????

surface Go: error 0xc0000098 ????: After a Windows 10 version update, I received the error code 0xc0000098 on a blue screen ??? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/surface-go-error-0xc0000098/6091c119-3a08-42e3-918f-11223494b2e2
  10. Surface go error 0xc0000098

Surface go error 0xc0000098: Just this past christmas i got the surface go, best present i ever got, but just this past monday or tuesday when getting it out to do some art which is what i had got it for the stylus wouldn’t work, last week was when it had stopped working I had just figured the battery...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. failing updates surface go

2. surface go update errors?