Windows 10: Surface Go keeps locking while using

Discus and support Surface Go keeps locking while using in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; I have a new surface go that I use a keyboard and mousepad with. It's a few months old now, and was working perfectly fine up until a few days ago.... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by Maddie St John Green, Jul 5, 2020.

1. Surface Go keeps locking while using

I have a new surface go that I use a keyboard and mousepad with. It's a few months old now, and was working perfectly fine up until a few days ago. Since then, whenever I start using it it locks the screen goes black then reappears on the lock screen and I need to log back in to my account every minute or so. I've turned off any auto-locking/sleeping and turned off the 'away from screen' function that links to your phone. I can't figure out what else could be causing this?

:)

Maddie St John Green, Jul 5, 2020

2. Problem updating Windows Surface Pro 4 with Windows 10 feature updates

Hi,

I have manage to install image for Microsoft Surface Pro 4 by going to https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/...erecoveryimage and download a recovery image for Microsoft Surface Pro 4.

What I did to reset your Surface from a USB recovery drive was:
    Step 1: Make sure your Surface is turned off and plugged in (hold down the power
    button for 30 seconds).
    Step 2: Insert the USB recovery drive into the USB port on your Surface.
    Step 3: Press and hold the volume-down button while you press and release the
    power button on your Surface.
    Step 4: When the Surface logo appears, release the volume button.
    Step 5: When prompted, select the language and keyboard layout you want.
    Step 6: Select Troubleshoot > Reset your PC.
    If prompted for a recovery key, select Skip this drive at the bottom of the
    screen.
    Step 7: Select the target operating system you wish to reset. This
    refers to the current operating system installed on your Surface.
    Step 8: Select Yes, repartition the drives, and on the next page, select Next.
    Step 9: Choose Just remove my files.
    Step 10: Select Reset.
    Surface restarts and the Surface logo displays while the reset process continues
    (this can take a while).

This always fails and I have to do the below which continues installation.
    Windows 10 Installation Media:

1. Insert the Media (DVD/USB) in your PC and restart.
    2. Boot from the media.
    3. Select Repair Your Computer.
    Select Troubleshoot.

1. Choose Command Prompt from the menu:
    Type in the command:
    Diskpart
    Type in the command:
    List disk (Note which disk is your Boot drive number mine is 0)
    Type in the command:
    Sel disk 0
    Type in the command:
    List vol (Note which volume is the EFI partition mine is 4)
    Type in the command:
    Sel vol 4
    Type in the command:
    assign letter=V:
    Type in the command:
    Exit
    Type in the command:
    V:
    After you have assigned a drive letter Using Diskpart You can format the EFI partition:
    Example: if you assigned a letter V to the partition the command would be:
    format V: /FS:FAT32
    Type in the command:
    bcdboot C:\windows /s V: /f UEFI

Now I have an issue that I cannot install Feature Updates. They keep failing to install.
    Any ideas how to resolve issue?

jaburmester, Jul 5, 2020
  3. A. User Win User
    Using Surface Go as an external display for Surface Book 2

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand your concern. However, could you please let us know how exactly you are trying to connect the Surface Book to Surface Go?

If both devices are on the same network, we would suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below to configure Surface Go as a portable Monitor and check.

1. Go to Settings in Surface Go.
    2. Click on System.
    3. Click on Projecting to this PC.
    4. Select Available everywhere or
      Available everywhere on secure networks
      in the drop down menu under
      Windows PCs and phones to this PC when you say it’s OK
    5. Select First time only or
      Every time a connection is requested
      in the drop down menu under
      Ask to project to this PC
    6. Turn on the Required PIN for paring, if it is prompted.
    7. Make sure you turn off the switch
      This PC can be discovered for projection only when it is plugged in as you will use your Surface PC as a portable display.
    8. Then click on Yes.
    9. Then try following steps to project display on Surface Book 2.
    10. Click on Action Center.
    11. Click on Connect button.
    12. Select the name of wireless display (Surface Go).
    13. Check the box behind Allow mouse, keyboard, touch and pen input from this device.
    14. Then press Windows + P key and try Extend or other options and check if it is working.

You may also want to refer
    Trouble connecting Surface to a second screen

Connect Surface to a TV, monitor, or projector
    and

Fix connections to wireless displays or docks
    for more details.

We await your response.

A. User, Jul 5, 2020
  4. Surface Go keeps locking while using

WIFI connection keeps disconnecting while using

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you are facing issues while using internet on your PC as it keeps dropping. For further clarity on the issue, please respond to the questions below.

1. Are you aware of any changes made to the PC prior to which you weren’t facing this issue?
    2. What is the exact model of the PC?

Meanwhile, I would suggest you to follow the steps mentioned in the article

Fix network connection issues in Windows
    and see if that helps.

If the issue persists, please get back to us with the details of the troubleshooting steps to assist you further.

Regards,

Prakhar Khare

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Prakhar_Khare, Jul 5, 2020
Thema:

Surface Go keeps locking while using

1. Surface Go keeps locking while using - Similar Threads - Surface keeps locking

2. Surface Pro 2017 keeps hibernating while I'm using it

in Windows 10 Support
    Surface Pro 2017 keeps hibernating while I'm using it: My Surface is set to go to sleep after 20 minutes and then hibernate after 60 when on battery (and never hibernate when plugged in). I typically don't manually shut down when I'm done with it, I usually just close the cover and leave it to manage itself so that it wakes up...
  3. Microsoft Surface Go, Onscreen keyboard disappears while using Firefox

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Microsoft Surface Go, Onscreen keyboard disappears while using Firefox: The onscreen keyboard was working perfectly earlier today, then I decided to upgrade to version 2004. Now it isn't working properly. When I tap on the search bar in Firefox, the onscreen keyboard will appear for less than a second, then it will go away. And this is only...
  4. My laptop keeps locking itself while in use

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My laptop keeps locking itself while in use: For whatever reason, my laptop keeps locking itself when I play games, and no, its not overheating. The specs were built to withstand heavy gaming, with a gpu of 1660ti. Whenever it locks itself, it doesn't show any slideshows or pictures. It just shuts down after 2 seconds...
  5. My Laptop keeps locking while in use.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    My Laptop keeps locking while in use.: My laptop started locking itself for the first time a month ago, while I was playing a video game. At first i thought this wont matter, because it only happened once, but then it began to lock itself daily and now even multiple times a day. It also at first only locked while...
  6. laptop keeps locking up every minute while i was using it

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    laptop keeps locking up every minute while i was using it: I use windows 10 single language 1903. my computer has been locking since yesterday and it's getting on my nerves. basically when I turn it on, after a certain amount of time, it locks out. I suspect it was because of disk space and when I check it, it turns out sysmain...
  7. My laptop keeps locking itself unexpectedly while im using it!

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    My laptop keeps locking itself unexpectedly while im using it!: Why does my laptop (DELL) keep locking itself while I AM USING it, it happens unexpectedly every 10 mins and its getting really annoying, i cant even watch movies or play games without it being locked lots of times. What could be the problem here? submitted by /u/Shpatti12...
  8. Surface Go locked out by Bitlocker

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Surface Go locked out by Bitlocker: Hi I have been locked out of my Surface Go by Bitlocker. I know my Bitlocker key, but the next screen asks for an admin password that I don't have. I have tried my Microsoft password, but it isn't this. When I hit the 'forgotten your password' option, it just sends me right...
  9. surface Go

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    surface Go: surface Go error code 0xc0000098 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/surface-go/f668f877-4df7-4af4-8a76-33452f756cde
  10. Surface Go keeps scrolling to the end of the page.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Surface Go keeps scrolling to the end of the page.: My 3 days old Surface Go keeps scrolling non-stop by itself to the end of the page on every application (Adobe pdf, browsers) and even scrolling through items on desktop as well when it's connected to the Surface type cover keyboard. It's frustrating when I'm reading a...