Windows 10: Surface Go Laptop Wi-Fi Network Connection Dropping

Discus and support Surface Go Laptop Wi-Fi Network Connection Dropping in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have a Surface Go Tablet/laptop and ever since I have purchased this unit, the wi-fi will continually drop while my surface 6 and other equipment... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Craig Nersesian, Jul 31, 2019.

1. Surface Go Laptop Wi-Fi Network Connection Dropping

I have a Surface Go Tablet/laptop and ever since I have purchased this unit, the wi-fi will continually drop while my surface 6 and other equipment will maintain its connection. I have reset the network connection and even reset the laptop and I am still having the issue.

Please help

:)

Craig Nersesian, Jul 31, 2019
  2. johnny234 Win User

Windows 10 stop automatically connecting to random new wi-fi networks

Hi,

I have searched a lot, but all the tutorials I found only explained how to not connect automatically to a known wi-fi network or how to disable wi-fi sense... but this is not what I am looking for...

PROBLEM:

• When my laptop (Windows 10 Pro X64) is not connected to a network and the wireless adapter is on, it will automatically connect to any random new unsecured wi-fi network... The only way I have now to avoid this is to disable my wi-fi adapter.

UNUSEFUL TUTORIALS I FOUND ON THE INTERNET:

• How to manually uncheck the option for a particular wi-fi network not to connect automatically in Network Properties. This is not what I am looking for. This would suggest that everytime I power my computer. I would have to manually go through all the available wi-fi networks and unclick them all...
    • How to disable Wi-Fi Sense. This is not useful, because I don't even have a Wi-Fi sense option in my computer where the tutorials say it should be.

EXPECTED BEHAVIOR:

• I am looking for an option to tell my computer to stop connecting randomly to unknown wi-fi networks like an hyperactive, reckless idiot.

PERSONAL COMMENT:

• Honestly, why would any respectable company think that it could be somewhat wise or secure to do this... Anyone's computer could just randomly connect to any hacker's wi-fi network without the user even knowing it...

Any solutions would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

johnny234, Jul 31, 2019
  3. Different Network Connection From the same Wi-Fi

Hi,

Thank you for providing the details.

As mentioned above in your post, the Desktop is connected to the Ethernet
    and Laptop is Connected to the Wi-Fi. It is not possible to connect to the same Wi-Fi networks. If both Desktop and Laptop are on Wi-Fi devices then you could try connecting it to the same Wi-Fi network.

• Did you try the below step provided and what was the result?
    I would suggest you to create a new HomeGroup and check if it helps.
    Refer: HomeGroup
    from start to finish

(Applies to Windows 10 as well)

Keep us posted to help you better.

Sachin Venkatesh, Jul 31, 2019
  4. Surface Go Laptop Wi-Fi Network Connection Dropping

Surface Pro 4 will not connect to Starbucks Wi-Fi?

I have not used my surface on many unknown Wi-Fi networks. However, I have not had any problems where did. Today I tried logging in to Starbucks Wi-Fi and got "no internet connection." I spent an hour on the phone sitting in Sbux talking to their Google-Sbux Wi-Fi tech support to no avail. I did all these:

Restarting Surface

Restarting browser/Wi-Fi

Disable firewall.

Clearing cache

Forgetting networks and re-connecting.

Disable/re-enable network adapter

Entering DNS settings.

Removal of the adapter driver and reinstall.

Nothing worked. I was pretty sure the tech was unfamiliar with Win 10 and was reading down a list of "fixes." At any rate, the problem was not solved. I suspect some sort of security switch with Win 10, but don't know where to look.

Internet searches found a few similar complaints regarding Surfaces and Starbucks' Wi-Fi. However, they were related to earlier models. Anyone have this problem and figure it out?

p.s. Of course I was the only one with a Microsoft product in a sea of Apple machines. You see how this type of thing further makes MS look bad.

CalypsoArt, Jul 31, 2019
Thema:

Surface Go Laptop Wi-Fi Network Connection Dropping

1. Surface Go Laptop Wi-Fi Network Connection Dropping - Similar Threads - Surface Laptop Network

2. Wi-Fi connection dropping while in game

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wi-Fi connection dropping while in game: When playing valorant I can play for about 1-2 hours smooth until after that my internet starts dropping for a few seodnds comes back then goes again then it just goes completely when I check my network adapter during this time period it shows error code 45 I restart it works...
  3. Wi-Fi connection dropping while in game

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wi-Fi connection dropping while in game: When playing valorant I can play for about 1-2 hours smooth until after that my internet starts dropping for a few seodnds comes back then goes again then it just goes completely when I check my network adapter during this time period it shows error code 45 I restart it works...
  4. Wi-Fi connection dropping while in game

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Wi-Fi drops connection and available networks disappear

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wi-Fi drops connection and available networks disappear: Good afternoon,Around every 15-60 minutes, my wi-fi would cut off from my PC and every other network disappears. The wi-fi's dead only for my computer, but every other device still has access to the wi-fi during the time. Disconnecting and reconnecting during the minute only...
  6. Wi-Fi drops connection and available networks disappear

Wi-Fi drops connection and available networks disappear: Good afternoon,Around every 15-60 minutes, my wi-fi would cut off from my PC and every other network disappears. The wi-fi's dead only for my computer, but every other device still has access to the wi-fi during the time. Disconnecting and reconnecting during the minute only...
  7. Wi-Fi connection often drops

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wi-Fi connection often drops: Hello,since the end of 2020, I have had my notebook and never had any problems, but recently there have been complications.A few weeks ago, my notebook had the problem that sometimes the screen froze for a few seconds or the computer even crashed. This eventually ended up...
  8. Wi-Fi connection often drops

Wi-Fi connection often drops: Hello,since the end of 2020, I have had my notebook and never had any problems, but recently there have been complications.A few weeks ago, my notebook had the problem that sometimes the screen froze for a few seconds or the computer even crashed. This eventually ended up...
  9. Computer randomly drops connection with WI-FI

Computer randomly drops connection with WI-FI: Hello, This is my first time on here! So I hope I am posting in the correct spot. I currently have a PC running windows 10 and do not have access to use a wired connection. I also do not have an internal network adapter configured for WIFI, however I do have a HIRO H50334...
  10. Wi-Fi drops connection and available networks disappear

Wi-Fi drops connection and available networks disappear: hello, My laptop drops connection with my wi-fi network and all available wi-fi networks disappear from the list. After 1 minute, networks that disappeared reappears, but doesn't connect automatically to my network (connect automatically is checked). This happens every 30...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. surface go drops wifi connection