Windows 10: Surface Go locked out by Bitlocker

Discus and support Surface Go locked out by Bitlocker in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi I have been locked out of my Surface Go by Bitlocker. I know my Bitlocker key, but the next screen asks for an admin password that I don't have. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by raybrooking, Nov 19, 2019.

1. Surface Go locked out by Bitlocker

Hi

I have been locked out of my Surface Go by Bitlocker. I know my Bitlocker key, but the next screen asks for an admin password that I don't have. I have tried my Microsoft password, but it isn't this. When I hit the 'forgotten your password' option, it just sends me right back to the beginning again.

I can't get access to any of my work. This is really having a dreadful affect.

Has anybody got any ideas about how to get past this?

Thanks

:)

raybrooking, Nov 19, 2019
  2. Peer_Sam Win User

problem with bitlocker

Hi Roeslie,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We need some more details to help you find the solution to your problem.

• Which edition of Windows 10 is installed on your surface machine?
    • Did you notice any changes on the computer recently?
    • When you say, you have a problem with your Surface machine about BitLocker key, do you mean that the surface machine asks you to enter the BitLocker key to allow you to sign into Windows?
    • Does the other computer ask you to enter the BitLocker key to allow you to access the files saved on it?

If you are being asked to enter a BitLocker key to sign into your surface machine and you don’t remember your BitLocker key, you can follow the instructions given in the link below to find the BitLocker recovery key.

Find my BitLocker recovery key

Please get back to us with the information requested above, so that we can suggest the appropriate troubleshooting steps.

Peer Samie

Microsoft Community-Moderator

Peer_Sam, Nov 19, 2019
  3. Bitlocker has locked me out of windows during doing a full reset on surface book.

Bitlocker has locked me out of windows during doing a full reset. Don't have keycode or access to any windows directory including being prevented from doing full factory reset because it appears that the volume where the instalation copy of windows is stored,
    seems to be 'Volume 3', is the only volume listed twice over, and both are locked by bitlocker. The system is a surface book with windows 10.

How do I work around this to do a full factory reset?

AdeaneCroft, Nov 19, 2019
  4. Mithin_EJ Win User

Surface Go locked out by Bitlocker

BitLocker on Surface Pro 3 not working correctly

Hi JulianSchubert,

Thank you for posting your question in the Microsoft Community

TPM will lock itself out after a few incorrect authentication attempts. These could be due to incorrect PIN entry for BitLocker or incorrect PIN entry for TPM virtual smartcard PIN. For TPM version 1.2, the lockout behavior depends
    on individual TPM manufacturer. For TPM 2.0, the specification states that the TPM will enter lockout after 32 incorrect attempts.

To terminate this BitLocker recovery loop, you need to suspend BitLocker within WinRE, I suggest you to follow the below steps.

Step 1:

1. Choose the “Skip this drive” link at the bottom of the page where you are asked to enter the recovery key. You should be presented with a menu that will let you get to a command prompt (The sequence is Advanced
      options -> Troubleshoot -> Advanced options -> Command prompt).
    2. Once you have a command prompt,
      use the following command to check the BitLocker status of the C: drive:
      manage-bde -status c:

3. If the status is returned as locked, you’ll need to use the following command to unlock it using your recovery password:
      manage-bde -unlock c: -rp <your 48-digit recovery password>
    4. Once the drive is unlocked you'll need to use the following command to suspend protection:
      manage-bde -protectors -disable c:
    5. Then exit and reboot. The computer should now successfully boot Windows. Once there, use the BitLocker control panel to resume BitLocker protection.
    6. You can reset TPM lockout using
      tpm.msc
    Note: The recovery loop can occur for other reasons such as cases where TPM is disabled or malfunctions. You can still use the above steps to suspend BitLocker and boot Windows in such cases

Hope it helps.

Mithin_EJ, Nov 19, 2019
Thema:

Surface Go locked out by Bitlocker

1. Surface Go locked out by Bitlocker - Similar Threads - Surface locked Bitlocker

2. Locked out by Bitlocker

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Locked out by Bitlocker: Split from this thread. Good afternoon,I am having similar issues with Bitlocker. I have a HP Envy 360, Win 10.During the Bios Update, a window popped up and asked: Y: to update or N to keep as is. Note: Bit locker code may be required. I did not know where or how to get the...
  3. Locked Out By BitLocker

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Locked Out By BitLocker: Hi everyone on here, I have a strange issue. My hard drive got blocked by BitLocker just suddenly on my other Laptop with windows 11 Home. In in order to unlock my hard disc, it requests a key which I never enabled The issue is that I've never set up or installed BitLocker....
  4. Locked Out By BitLocker

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Locked Out By BitLocker: Hi everyone on here, I have a strange issue. My hard drive got blocked by BitLocker just suddenly on my other Laptop with windows 11 Home. In in order to unlock my hard disc, it requests a key which I never enabled The issue is that I've never set up or installed BitLocker....
  5. bitlocker locked out

in Windows 10 Gaming
    bitlocker locked out: Can not get access to her microsoft account https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bitlocker-locked-out/86cd8156-50da-4228-931e-10baa32db9ae
  6. Locked out by BitLocker

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Locked out by BitLocker: I have no BitLocker recovery key, and my locked device is not registered with my Microsoft account.The laptop gave me a message "There is an issue with Trusted Platform Module TPM data," and I was forced to press "Y" to "reset whole TPM."Now, I cannot log into the laptop,...
  7. Locked out by BitLocker

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Locked out by BitLocker: I have no BitLocker recovery key, and my locked device is not registered with my Microsoft account.The laptop gave me a message "There is an issue with Trusted Platform Module TPM data," and I was forced to press "Y" to "reset whole TPM."Now, I cannot log into the laptop,...
  8. Locked out by bitlocker

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Locked out by bitlocker: I am locked out of windows 10 by bitlocker. It needs the 44 number key to unlock my PC. I went to my MS account and did not find it. I do not have it saved any place else that I know of. I do not have any other recovery methods. Is there some other way I can find this unlock...
  9. Bitlocker lock out

in Windows 10 Customization
    Bitlocker lock out: Would be great if someone could get back to me, as locked out for 30 days! Cheers - Bitlocker has locked my laptop after updated - I have tried to get into my microsoft account but says it will send a code to me but never does, how do I get to talk to someone at Microsoft to...
  10. Surface GO and BitLocker

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Surface GO and BitLocker: Often when a automatic update occurs my Surface GO restarts with a blue screen asking for a BitLocker key. I have to enter the key twice then the GO restarts correctly. How can I turn off BitLocker? Searching for Manage BitLocker does not work....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. surface go bit locker problem after update 20h2