Windows 10: Surface Go locked to company account even after fresh install of Windows

Discus and support Surface Go locked to company account even after fresh install of Windows in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi there, I recently purchased a Microsoft Surface Go 1st Gen business model that was used by a large business. I have tried to reset it to use it as a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Timchen101, Nov 25, 2020.

1. Surface Go locked to company account even after fresh install of Windows

Hi there, I recently purchased a Microsoft Surface Go 1st Gen business model that was used by a large business. I have tried to reset it to use it as a normal device, but it wouldn't let me reset without an admin account. I installed a fresh install of windows through a flash drive to try to override the company account log-in but even with the fresh install and all partitions on the hard drive wiped, when I connect the device to the internet it won't let me do anything and only prompt me to log in. with a company email. Is there any way to disconnect this device from this company's control? It was purchased through a private sale from an ex-worker for the company. Thanks!

:)

Timchen101, Nov 25, 2020

2. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Nov 25, 2020
  3. Windows 7 wont install drivers

+1

If you having an issue installing a driver that worked before you formatted or wont install on a fresh build, sometimes this means hardware damage

brandonwh64, Nov 25, 2020
  4. Surface Go locked to company account even after fresh install of Windows

Problem updating Windows Surface Pro 4 with Windows 10 feature updates

Hi,

I have manage to install image for Microsoft Surface Pro 4 by going to https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/...erecoveryimage and download a recovery image for Microsoft Surface Pro 4.

What I did to reset your Surface from a USB recovery drive was:
    Step 1: Make sure your Surface is turned off and plugged in (hold down the power
    button for 30 seconds).
    Step 2: Insert the USB recovery drive into the USB port on your Surface.
    Step 3: Press and hold the volume-down button while you press and release the
    power button on your Surface.
    Step 4: When the Surface logo appears, release the volume button.
    Step 5: When prompted, select the language and keyboard layout you want.
    Step 6: Select Troubleshoot > Reset your PC.
    If prompted for a recovery key, select Skip this drive at the bottom of the
    screen.
    Step 7: Select the target operating system you wish to reset. This
    refers to the current operating system installed on your Surface.
    Step 8: Select Yes, repartition the drives, and on the next page, select Next.
    Step 9: Choose Just remove my files.
    Step 10: Select Reset.
    Surface restarts and the Surface logo displays while the reset process continues
    (this can take a while).

This always fails and I have to do the below which continues installation.
    Windows 10 Installation Media:

1. Insert the Media (DVD/USB) in your PC and restart.
    2. Boot from the media.
    3. Select Repair Your Computer.
    Select Troubleshoot.

1. Choose Command Prompt from the menu:
    Type in the command:
    Diskpart
    Type in the command:
    List disk (Note which disk is your Boot drive number mine is 0)
    Type in the command:
    Sel disk 0
    Type in the command:
    List vol (Note which volume is the EFI partition mine is 4)
    Type in the command:
    Sel vol 4
    Type in the command:
    assign letter=V:
    Type in the command:
    Exit
    Type in the command:
    V:
    After you have assigned a drive letter Using Diskpart You can format the EFI partition:
    Example: if you assigned a letter V to the partition the command would be:
    format V: /FS:FAT32
    Type in the command:
    bcdboot C:\windows /s V: /f UEFI

Now I have an issue that I cannot install Feature Updates. They keep failing to install.
    Any ideas how to resolve issue?

jaburmester, Nov 25, 2020
Thema:

Surface Go locked to company account even after fresh install of Windows

1. Surface Go locked to company account even after fresh install of Windows - Similar Threads - Surface locked company

2. BSODs, even after fresh windows install

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSODs, even after fresh windows install: Folder containing dumps, dxdiags, etchttps://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1iuCgQsfrdQbidEQro-iqvDDs2Fguls_R?usp=sharingCausesStarted when upgrading old system, components are:i9 14900k - CPUASUS TUF GAMING Z790-PLUS WIFI - MOBOKingston 32GB 2x16GB DDR5 6000MHz CL36 FURY...
  3. BSODs, even after fresh windows install

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSODs, even after fresh windows install: Folder containing dumps, dxdiags, etchttps://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1iuCgQsfrdQbidEQro-iqvDDs2Fguls_R?usp=sharingCausesStarted when upgrading old system, components are:i9 14900k - CPUASUS TUF GAMING Z790-PLUS WIFI - MOBOKingston 32GB 2x16GB DDR5 6000MHz CL36 FURY...
  4. Continous BSOD even after fresh windows install

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Continous BSOD even after fresh windows install: Over the last week I have had continious bsod crashes that I am unable to identify the root cause for and they continue even after reinstalling windows. Is anyone able to look at the memory dmp for me and see if you can find the root...
  5. Continous BSOD even after fresh windows install

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Continous BSOD even after fresh windows install: Over the last week I have had continious bsod crashes that I am unable to identify the root cause for and they continue even after reinstalling windows. Is anyone able to look at the memory dmp for me and see if you can find the root...
  6. Continous BSOD even after fresh windows install

7. Help with fresh Windows install on company laptop

Help with fresh Windows install on company laptop: My wife has been told she can have an old work laptop as they have upgraded and this will be disposed of. Unfortunately it is still set up for company work with full restrictions to which we dont have access to overcome. I would simply like to install a fresh windows install...
  8. Help with fresh Windows install on company laptop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Help with fresh Windows install on company laptop: My wife has been told she can have an old work laptop as they have upgraded and this will be disposed of. Unfortunately it is still set up for company work with full restrictions to which we dont have access to overcome. I would simply like to install a fresh windows install...
  9. Help with fresh Windows install on company laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
  10. Boot Loop Even After A Fresh Install

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Boot Loop Even After A Fresh Install: Hi Authority, I have been caught up with a bootloop issue since 21st Aug 2020 and haven't been able to solve it yet. I've reached out to the customer support, which was of no help as none of them could help me out rather than just saying "no worries we are there to help...