Windows 10: Surface Go "no bootable device"

Discus and support Surface Go "no bootable device" in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I have a Surface Go that has a UEFI password that owner does not remember. When turned on all it shows is the windows logo and then then a no... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by GregRodgers, Oct 12, 2018.

1. GregRodgers Win User

Surface Go "no bootable device"

I have a Surface Go that has a UEFI password that owner does not remember.

When turned on all it shows is the windows logo and then then a no bootable device message.

When F2 is pressed after a reboot, a windows logo shows with a red line at the top of the screen that has a lock in it.

How am I able to get windows on it?

:)

GregRodgers, Oct 12, 2018
  2. Brink Win User

Boot Surface Laptop to USB - no Volume button

Hello Jimmy, Surface Go "no bootable device" :)

This doesn't list the "Surface Laptop", but you might give it a try to see.

*Arrow Boot Microsoft Surface from a USB device

Otherwise, you should be able to use OPTION ONE below to boot from the USB from advanced startup.

*Arrow Boot from USB Drive on Windows 10 PC Windows 10 Installation Upgrade Tutorials

Brink, Oct 12, 2018
  3. Agility Win User
    Multi-bootable USB

Hey guys from TPU, couldn't find any specific thread pertaining to the question asked on title. As mentioned, I'm trying to create a bootable USB, but with many specifics boots available.

I've been trying to create one with multiple boot device including one that enables me to run Windows 10 directly on the USB Thumb Drive but to no avail.

The list of bootable images i'm trying to create are

1. Windows 10 (A full OS running from thumb drive)
    2. Windows 10 ISO (Bootable disk image for fresh install)
    3. MemTest86+

Have tried YUMI or UUI from the website USB PenDrive Linux but as this is my first time, i don't know how am i screwing up or am doing it right.. Anyone got a rough idea on a step by step guide? Thanks!

Agility, Oct 12, 2018
  4. Chewy Win User

Ipod bootable drive?

I want to know if I can make my ipod a usb bootable drive.. will it mess up my ipod? I need to flash my video card back to normal.. Neros bootable cd gave me an error. I used a step by step guide, but thats another story.

Chewy, Oct 12, 2018
Thema:

1. Surface Go "no bootable device" - Similar Threads - Surface bootable device

2. Set up of Surface Go

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Set up of Surface Go: New Surface go setup, I chose the wrong language and I would like to go back to the beginning set up screen and I cannot. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-winapps-appscat_productivity/set-up-of-surface-go/ad311833-6e5b-428f-a9f7-c5a87e1a140e
  3. Surface go ram

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Surface go ram: I purchased the go with 8gb ram. Im trying to play games that are available in Microsoft store. Some of the requirements say 2gb ram and that i only have 1gb ram. Is there some settings I'm missing? I still have it in S mode. Is that my issue?...
  4. Surface Go now holds 1.24% of the Surface devices market share

in Windows 10 News
    Surface Go now holds 1.24% of the Surface devices market share: According to the latest reports from AdDuplex, Microsoft’s latest entrant to the Surface family, the Surface Go now holds a market share of 1.24% of among the Surface devices. Microsoft which launched the Surface Go device on August 2nd in the US market enters the list of...
  5. no bootable device

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    no bootable device: During powerup, my HP 15 displays first a black screen with the following advisory: "press escape" then the screen displays "No bootable device". I have reinstalled Windows, tried restore, used the DISM command with command prompt to repair and still no success. If I go...
  6. No bootable device

No bootable device: After several days of random freezing, in which only a hard reboot would resolve the issue, I received a "no bootable device" error message. I tried several troubleshooting techniques to no avail. I did notice a recent Windows Update download that seems to correspond with the...
  7. Microsoft Surface Go

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Surface Go: I am one of the first on the planet to own a Microsoft Surface Go. Thought it would be a good substitute for ipad. More power and more options, etc... It seems, however I cannot use it as a Kindle reader, cannot load the Kindle app. Any suggestions?...
  8. Microsoft starts shipping the Surface Go pre ordered devices

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft starts shipping the Surface Go pre ordered devices: Earlier in the month we had reported that Microsoft is launching a budget friendly Surface Go device targeting educational sector. The device was announced with full Windows 10 in S Mode. Microsoft had earlier started taking pre orders for the Surface Go tablet couple of...
  9. Crashes, drives disappearing, no bootable device

Crashes, drives disappearing, no bootable device: Specs: GIGABYTE GA-Z77X-UD3H rev 1.0 Intel i5 3570K @ stock GIGABYTE Geforce 670 Windforce 2gb @ stock Seasonic M12II 520 Watt Bronze 2x G.SKILL Ripjaws X 4GB 1600 @ stock 2x G.SKILL Ares 4GB 1600 @ stock Win 10 x64 Pro Win 7 x64 Ultimate Mushkin Enhanced Chronos...
  10. Windows 10 no bootable device

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 no bootable device: I upgraded from windows 7 to 10 about 2 weeks ago, absolutely no issues, i was happy with everything. My computer had froze and i forced a shut down via power button. Upon starting again i was greeted with "no operating system found" I fixed that problem now im greeted...