Windows 10: Surface Go screen stripping

Discus and support Surface Go screen stripping in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello all, I have a Surface Go first generation with screen stripping running Windows 10 with all the latest updates. The issue began after I left... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Hannah_Mason, Apr 21, 2021.

1. Surface Go screen stripping

Hello all,

I have a Surface Go first generation with screen stripping running Windows 10 with all the latest updates. The issue began after I left the device sitting unused for a few months and soon after I got to the Windows home screen after booting.
    I do not believe the stripping to be a hardware issue because it does not occur in BIOS nor during the initial boot. It also does not occur when touch or mouse movements take place, nor during very specific events i.e. stripping does not occur when Windows Update is open and updates are installing.

After resetting the PC several times both keeping files and completely clearing them, trying multiple updates and fixes as well as third party fixes, I have isolated what appears to be the problem and have reason to believe that it’s caused by the graphics driver Intel 615 graphics itself.

When I disable or completely uninstalled the driver, the issue vanishes and the PC is fine. However, I cannot figure out what exactly is wrong with the driver as I have tried mutiple updates, fixes, and have even harnessed Intel’s own softwares to fix the issue to no avail.

At this point I’m beginning to lose hope that there is an actual fix, so I bring this issue to light here in hopes that someone can help, because I have spent numerous hours scouring the internet to find a solution and have turned up empty-handed every time I try one.

God bless,

Hannah

Surface Go screen stripping [​IMG]

:)

Hannah_Mason, Apr 21, 2021
  2. Brink Win User

Boot Surface Laptop to USB - no Volume button

Hello Jimmy, Surface Go screen stripping :)

This doesn't list the "Surface Laptop", but you might give it a try to see.

*Arrow Boot Microsoft Surface from a USB device

Otherwise, you should be able to use OPTION ONE below to boot from the USB from advanced startup.

*Arrow Boot from USB Drive on Windows 10 PC Windows 10 Installation Upgrade Tutorials

Brink, Apr 21, 2021
  3. Problem updating Windows Surface Pro 4 with Windows 10 feature updates

Hi,

I have manage to install image for Microsoft Surface Pro 4 by going to https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/...erecoveryimage and download a recovery image for Microsoft Surface Pro 4.

What I did to reset your Surface from a USB recovery drive was:
    Step 1: Make sure your Surface is turned off and plugged in (hold down the power
    button for 30 seconds).
    Step 2: Insert the USB recovery drive into the USB port on your Surface.
    Step 3: Press and hold the volume-down button while you press and release the
    power button on your Surface.
    Step 4: When the Surface logo appears, release the volume button.
    Step 5: When prompted, select the language and keyboard layout you want.
    Step 6: Select Troubleshoot > Reset your PC.
    If prompted for a recovery key, select Skip this drive at the bottom of the
    screen.
    Step 7: Select the target operating system you wish to reset. This
    refers to the current operating system installed on your Surface.
    Step 8: Select Yes, repartition the drives, and on the next page, select Next.
    Step 9: Choose Just remove my files.
    Step 10: Select Reset.
    Surface restarts and the Surface logo displays while the reset process continues
    (this can take a while).

This always fails and I have to do the below which continues installation.
    Windows 10 Installation Media:

1. Insert the Media (DVD/USB) in your PC and restart.
    2. Boot from the media.
    3. Select Repair Your Computer.
    Select Troubleshoot.

1. Choose Command Prompt from the menu:
    Type in the command:
    Diskpart
    Type in the command:
    List disk (Note which disk is your Boot drive number mine is 0)
    Type in the command:
    Sel disk 0
    Type in the command:
    List vol (Note which volume is the EFI partition mine is 4)
    Type in the command:
    Sel vol 4
    Type in the command:
    assign letter=V:
    Type in the command:
    Exit
    Type in the command:
    V:
    After you have assigned a drive letter Using Diskpart You can format the EFI partition:
    Example: if you assigned a letter V to the partition the command would be:
    format V: /FS:FAT32
    Type in the command:
    bcdboot C:\windows /s V: /f UEFI

Now I have an issue that I cannot install Feature Updates. They keep failing to install.
    Any ideas how to resolve issue?

jaburmester, Apr 21, 2021
  4. Surface Go screen stripping

Surface Pro 4 screen not turn on after sleep

Hi, thank you. I could restart my surface pro 4 but still could not fix the Surface Pro 4 screen not turn on after sleep. I am still looking forward to hearing more suggestions to fix the black screen after sleep.

SokthearithYi, Apr 21, 2021
Thema:

Surface Go screen stripping

1. Surface Go screen stripping - Similar Threads - Surface screen stripping

2. Surface Go on a blue screen loop

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Surface Go on a blue screen loop: Hi, I just tried updating the drivers on my surface go I recently purchased, however, when I restarted the device, I got a blue screen. From there I tried to completely reinstall windows, then I left the device overnight. When I woke up to check on it, it was looping the...
  3. Surface GO and BitLocker

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Surface GO and BitLocker: Often when a automatic update occurs my Surface GO restarts with a blue screen asking for a BitLocker key. I have to enter the key twice then the GO restarts correctly. How can I turn off BitLocker? Searching for Manage BitLocker does not work....
  4. Microsoft Surface Go

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Microsoft Surface Go: Dear Community I have no keyboard for my Surface Go and when I was resetting it there was an error message saying that windows installations can't proceed and every time I press okay it is just stuck in the loop and need help on how to do it without a keyboard and without...
  5. Surface Go questions

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Surface Go questions: Hello, I just bought a Microsoft Surface Go. My last Surface purchase was about 7 years ago and things are new to me. I have Windows 10 S operating system. I'm looking at some of the questions and want to be sure I'm understanding. So this does come with it's own antivirus...
  6. Screen sharing on Surface Go

in Windows 10 Customization
    Screen sharing on Surface Go: Hi, I'm trying to share my screen on the Surface Go by means of the "Connect" option. I do manage to share it, but on the Surface it appears to be reduced in size. In other words, it does not fit the Surface's screen. I'm using Windows 10 on both devices and it is up to date....
  7. microsoft surface go

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    microsoft surface go: good afternoon, i have a new surface go and activated it last week / today i have switched it on after using a keyboard for the very first time / after typing password i got a black screen / at the right corner some words appear - activate windows / but the only command i...
  8. surface Go

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    surface Go: surface Go error code 0xc0000098 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/surface-go/f668f877-4df7-4af4-8a76-33452f756cde
  9. Surface Go

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Surface Go: What is/are best programs or apps to use to make hand written notes on Surface Go? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/surface-go/3b4b4d81-89db-4e8f-b8fd-d84ef6f1dc10
  10. Microsoft Surface Go

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Surface Go: I am one of the first on the planet to own a Microsoft Surface Go. Thought it would be a good substitute for ipad. More power and more options, etc... It seems, however I cannot use it as a Kindle reader, cannot load the Kindle app. Any suggestions?...