Windows 10: Surface Go Type Cover does not wake Surface Go from sleep

Discus and support Surface Go Type Cover does not wake Surface Go from sleep in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hi, This is a pretty straightforward problem. My Surface Go Type cover will simply not wake my Surface Go 1 from sleep. I have to press the power... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Chad Desch, Jun 25, 2020.

1. Surface Go Type Cover does not wake Surface Go from sleep

Hi,

This is a pretty straightforward problem. My Surface Go Type cover will simply not wake my Surface Go 1 from sleep. I have to press the power button and enter my pin using the touchscreen in order to get into my account. Occasionally, I'll have to disconnect and reconnect the type cover even after that. I've had to restart my SG some of these times as well.

- I'm running the latest updates as 6/25/2020

- I'm not on a developer preview.

- All drivers are up to date and functional

- I have tried a reset and even just installing Windows fresh from bootable media.

- Once the type cover is recognized after the Surface Go is awake and running, I don't really run into any problems with it until it goes to sleep again.

Is anyone else experiencing this issue? Sometimes the Surface Go will take a while minutes to recognize the type cover, but mostly, when it's coming out of sleep, it just doesn't recognize that it's attached at all.

Thanks,

Chad

:)

Chad Desch, Jun 25, 2020
  2. Roger Win User

MS Surface Keyboard Cover not recognized by MS Surface Pro 3

My Surface Pro 3 cover mysteriously stopped working (other USB keyboards work).

I’ve exhausted all of the steps from the Internet and am hoping for some advice here on what to try next.

A breakdown of the steps I've done to sometimes get it working

• Leave Surface Pro 3 on about 2 hours on battery only.
    • Power on Surface Pro 3.
    • Working Keyboard.
    • Turn off Surface Pro 3 (or reboot)
    • Keyboard not working anymore
    • Another similar user here - Surface 3 type cover issue

Can anyone recommend any other troubleshooting steps? One of these steps seemed to work ok for others having this same problem.

Roger, Jun 25, 2020
  3. kcd83 Win User
    Surface Type cover not detected after waking from sleep and preventing clean shutdown

I'm sharing because no one else on the internet seemed to have my issue (yet) and I spent hours on it.

I had a device driver issue with the surface type cover and my surface pro 4 where the keyboard would fail and Windows 10 could not shutdown cleanly. It was very repeatable:

• Fresh boot and all is fine
    • Close the surface (i.e magnet sends it to sleep)
    • Open and wake the surface - now the type cover is not detected, no keyboard, no touchpad
    • Checked Device Manager and it has unsurprisingly gone. Best seen with View >Devices by container and with View > Show Hidden Devices
    • Nothing in the event logs
    • Upon shutdown Windows logs out... goes black and hangs until it green/blue screens with DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE
    • Fresh boot works again
    • Send feedback in response to the why did your unexpectedly computer not shutdown
    I had an older driver, uninstalled it and updated to the following, this did not help.

Surface Type Cover Filter Device

23/03/2017

Slow track updates have been failing for me for around a couple of weeks with RS_PRERELEASE_FLT "not quite ready yet"

I do get developer preview builds so I changed from slow track to fast track and windows build
    17713 seems to have resolved the issue.

Hopefully no one else has this experience... but if you do, please share.

kcd83, Jun 25, 2020
  4. Surface Go Type Cover does not wake Surface Go from sleep

Surface windows 10 signin when wake from sleep

Hi Garfunkle,

It could be due to incorrect settings.

On the Sign-in page. The first option is Require sign-in. Select Never.

I suggest you to try the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Type Power Options in Search. Click on it to open.
    • Click on require a password on wakeup.
    • Under Password protection. Select Do not require a password. Click Ok.
    Also, refer the link below.

https://www.microsoft.com/surface/e...rs/surface-power-sleep-and-wake?os=windows-10

https://www.microsoft.com/surface/e...unts/sign-in-and-out-of-surface?os=windows-10

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Thank you.

Kalpana Shankarappa, Jun 25, 2020
Thema:

Surface Go Type Cover does not wake Surface Go from sleep

1. Surface Go Type Cover does not wake Surface Go from sleep - Similar Threads - Surface Type Cover

2. Surface Go 2 Typing mishaps

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Surface Go 2 Typing mishaps: When I got this keyboard, on certain sites Discord, I've been noticing that the marker that indicates my texting suddenly go back a few spaces, resulting in a mismatch of my texting. For example, I may want to type "hello everyone," it can come out as "heo evyoneerll" Can...
  3. Surface go and Type C Adapter

Surface go and Type C Adapter: Hi All, I have one Surface Go LTE versions and I'm trying to use USB -C Mobile Adapter Dell model DA300. I if Connect the adapter to the surface go in battery mode the surface is not enable to identify the adapter, viceversa if I connect the adapter to the Surface when it...
  4. Surface GO does not charge.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Surface GO does not charge.: I noticed that my Surface GO was only charging up to about 86%. I disconnected the Surface GO from the Type Cover and turned it off. After being on the charger (the one that came with the Surface GO) for over 4 hours it still shows only 86% charge and it shows "Plugged In"...
  5. surface Go

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    surface Go: surface Go error code 0xc0000098 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/surface-go/f668f877-4df7-4af4-8a76-33452f756cde
  6. Surface Go type cover and handwriting

in Windows 10 Customization
    Surface Go type cover and handwriting: Hi It seems it is impossible to use the handwriting option on screen using the surface pen (Chinese Traditional, in my case) when i have my type cover keyboard attached. when i try the set up handwriting in "setup" - it simply say "there is no handwriting option for this...
  7. Surface Go

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Surface Go: What is/are best programs or apps to use to make hand written notes on Surface Go? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/surface-go/3b4b4d81-89db-4e8f-b8fd-d84ef6f1dc10
  8. Surface Type Cover stopped

Surface Type Cover stopped: After installing the latest updates, my stopped working I have taken it off and put it back on I have uninstalled the driver and reinstalled Then I tried to uninstall the windows updates but they won't stay uninstalled. Any ideas?...
  9. Surface Pro Type Cover Stopped Working After Waking From Sleep Mode

Surface Pro Type Cover Stopped Working After Waking From Sleep Mode: I got a type cover for my surface pro, and attached it and it worked immediately out of the box and I used it just fine for several hours. Then I put the pro in sleep mode and set it down for a few hours. When I later opened it back up and tried to wake it up, the type cover...
  10. Surface Type cover not detected after waking from sleep and preventing clean shutdown

Surface Type cover not detected after waking from sleep and preventing clean shutdown: I'm sharing because no one else on the internet seemed to have my issue (yet) and I spent hours on it. I had a device driver issue with the surface type cover and my surface pro 4 where the keyboard would fail and Windows 10 could not shutdown cleanly. It was very...