Windows 10: Surface Go-Windows 7 Media???

Discus and support Surface Go-Windows 7 Media??? in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; So i purchased a new surface go from Amazon. I set it up and it was working fine. Now all of a sudden is it not only running Windows 10 S Mode, which i... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Todlswich0, Feb 16, 2020.

1. Surface Go-Windows 7 Media???

So i purchased a new surface go from Amazon. I set it up and it was working fine. Now all of a sudden is it not only running Windows 10 S Mode, which i have not switched out of. It is also running Windows 7 Media Edition that has seemed to connect to all of my settings in Windows 10 S Mode, greyed out options that were once available to me and seems switch settings all on its own? How is this possible?? Also making new connections, wifi, bluetooth and what not.

:)

Todlswich0, Feb 16, 2020

2. Problem updating Windows Surface Pro 4 with Windows 10 feature updates

Hi,

I have manage to install image for Microsoft Surface Pro 4 by going to https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/...erecoveryimage and download a recovery image for Microsoft Surface Pro 4.

What I did to reset your Surface from a USB recovery drive was:
    Step 1: Make sure your Surface is turned off and plugged in (hold down the power
    button for 30 seconds).
    Step 2: Insert the USB recovery drive into the USB port on your Surface.
    Step 3: Press and hold the volume-down button while you press and release the
    power button on your Surface.
    Step 4: When the Surface logo appears, release the volume button.
    Step 5: When prompted, select the language and keyboard layout you want.
    Step 6: Select Troubleshoot > Reset your PC.
    If prompted for a recovery key, select Skip this drive at the bottom of the
    screen.
    Step 7: Select the target operating system you wish to reset. This
    refers to the current operating system installed on your Surface.
    Step 8: Select Yes, repartition the drives, and on the next page, select Next.
    Step 9: Choose Just remove my files.
    Step 10: Select Reset.
    Surface restarts and the Surface logo displays while the reset process continues
    (this can take a while).

This always fails and I have to do the below which continues installation.
    Windows 10 Installation Media:

1. Insert the Media (DVD/USB) in your PC and restart.
    2. Boot from the media.
    3. Select Repair Your Computer.
    Select Troubleshoot.

1. Choose Command Prompt from the menu:
    Type in the command:
    Diskpart
    Type in the command:
    List disk (Note which disk is your Boot drive number mine is 0)
    Type in the command:
    Sel disk 0
    Type in the command:
    List vol (Note which volume is the EFI partition mine is 4)
    Type in the command:
    Sel vol 4
    Type in the command:
    assign letter=V:
    Type in the command:
    Exit
    Type in the command:
    V:
    After you have assigned a drive letter Using Diskpart You can format the EFI partition:
    Example: if you assigned a letter V to the partition the command would be:
    format V: /FS:FAT32
    Type in the command:
    bcdboot C:\windows /s V: /f UEFI

Now I have an issue that I cannot install Feature Updates. They keep failing to install.
    Any ideas how to resolve issue?

jaburmester, Feb 16, 2020
  3. THRiLL KiLL, Feb 16, 2020
  4. Law-II Win User

Surface Go-Windows 7 Media???

Windows Media Center Live TV Help

Hi

go here - Hauppauge | Page Not Found select "Windows Media Center install" tab

look at - Setting up your TV tuner in Windows 7 Media Center - select download (will open a pdf with screen by screen instructions)
    "Download
    Here is a screen by screen view of the setup of Windows Media Center. It was based on the WinTV-HVR-1600, but the setup with other WinTV-HVR products will be similar."

Follow the guide stage by stage

let the TPU community know at what "step" Media Center gets stuck at Example: step 1, step 2

nb: It may be to do with your zip code and or post code not being entered

In regard to your DVD Rom drive - go to -control panel/device manager/DVD/CD-ROM drives -make a note of the make and model number Example: Pioneer DVD-RW DVR-215D ATA Device - highlight the device you have installed -press right mouse button-select properties-details-property and select Install Date from the drop down list and let us know this.

atb (all the best)

Law-II

Law-II, Feb 16, 2020
Thema:

Surface Go-Windows 7 Media???

1. Surface Go-Windows 7 Media??? - Similar Threads - Surface Media

2. Just one website not loading images on Surface 9

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Just one website not loading images on Surface 9: Hello,I have problem with only one website https://element.market/ not loading images on Surface 9 i5-1235UOne month ago it was working normal on this PC but now is like on screen shot no images showing.I have update and restart my PC, clear browsing data, clear cookies,...
  3. How to cast media in windows 11 whilst Surface screen is off

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to cast media in windows 11 whilst Surface screen is off: Hello,If I have a media file, for example in Media Player on 22H2, and I can cast it to a TV.But, how do I keep the media casting whilst I turn off the screen aka push the power button on the Surface aka "sleep"Otherwise, the device is powering the screen and wasting even...
  4. How to cast media in windows 11 whilst Surface screen is off

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to cast media in windows 11 whilst Surface screen is off: Hello,If I have a media file, for example in Media Player on 22H2, and I can cast it to a TV.But, how do I keep the media casting whilst I turn off the screen aka push the power button on the Surface aka "sleep"Otherwise, the device is powering the screen and wasting even...
  5. Surface Pro 7 - Windows 10 - Volume and media keys don't work

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Surface Pro 7 - Windows 10 - Volume and media keys don't work: About a month ago I noticed that my volume and media keys were not working at all. This includes the volume up/down keys physically on the top of the surface and volume, play/pause, ff/rw and mute keys on my Type Cover as well as on my Logitech wireless keyboard. I cannot...
  6. Reinstalled Windows 10 just now on my Surface Pro 4 using installation media created...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Reinstalled Windows 10 just now on my Surface Pro 4 using installation media created...: For context, in May, I accidentally changed the Boot settings, resulting in BitLocker locking me out, and as I didn't realize Bitlocker was on my device, I had no way to unlock. So I prepared a Flashdrive with MediaCreationTool1909 to reinstall Windows to regain access to my...
  7. Reinstalled Windows 10 just now on my Surface Pro 4 using installation media created...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Reinstalled Windows 10 just now on my Surface Pro 4 using installation media created...: For context, in May, I accidentally changed the Boot settings, resulting in BitLocker locking me out, and as I didn't realize Bitlocker was on my device, I had no way to unlock. So I prepared a Flashdrive with MediaCreationTool1909 to reinstall Windows to regain access to my...
  8. Trying to repair Surface Pro via USB Windows 10 installation media. Just getting a nonstop...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Trying to repair Surface Pro via USB Windows 10 installation media. Just getting a nonstop...: How long does the installation media repair usually take to load up from USB drive? When I start my Surface Pro, to boot from USB, it loads the "Surface" screen, and a small spinning circle. The circle just spins constantly. Has been doing this for 10min now. Is this normal?...
  9. Can't update Windows 1903 on surface tablet Stuck on Please insert external media

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can't update Windows 1903 on surface tablet Stuck on Please insert external media: I am trying to update Windows 1903 on Surface tablet. I didn't have enough space on hard drive, so used a thumb drive as external media. It got through the first reboot ok but now is stuck on "Please insert external media." Inserting the thumb drive and clicking doesn't...
  10. Back-up Issue, Surface Studio, Error message: Error 0X80070013 BACKUP FAILS - MESSAGE MEDIA...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Back-up Issue, Surface Studio, Error message: Error 0X80070013 BACKUP FAILS - MESSAGE MEDIA...: Hi All, Since the latest upgrade to 1809 on my Surface Studio - the backup does fail every time I try despite all maneuvers I followed. Here we go again, same pain to go through...reminds me of last October, when it was a failor. So since February 20th, I have not...