Windows 10: Surface Go with family safety can’t unlock computer

Discus and support Surface Go with family safety can’t unlock computer in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; My son’s surface go 2 has loads of trouble staying connected to the internet. Because of this problem when he tries to log in for the day it brings up... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by LeanneGump, Feb 3, 2022.

1. Surface Go with family safety can’t unlock computer

My son’s surface go 2 has loads of trouble staying connected to the internet. Because of this problem when he tries to log in for the day it brings up the Lock Screen telling him he has to ask for more time from a parent even though he has plenty of time, the family safety cannot refresh because it can’t connect to the internet. You can’t fix the problem because you can’t even get into the computer to troubleshoot.

:)

LeanneGump, Feb 3, 2022

2. Family Safety: Son's computer not recognizing changes in Windows 10.

Hi Joanne,

I realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with . I will certainly help you.

This issue might occur if there is change in family safety account.

To assist you better, please provide us the information below:

• Have you tried to log out or restart from the child's computer and logging in to the computer?
    • Are you able to see the child account in the Family Safety settings after removing it?

I suggest you to refer to the steps below to remove the child account from the family safety account and also turn on
    Activity reporting.

Leave family group or remove members

Please get back to us with an update on issue wit managing child account in Family Safety, we will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Nyima Yonten, Feb 3, 2022
  3. Family Safety - add device to child profile

Since this is the case and you have ensured the settings are correctly setup in family Safety, we suggest that you sign in using your main account and remove you child's account from Family Safety list. (Refer to the image below for reference.)

Surface Go with family safety can’t unlock computer 7618e897-2574-4517-80ca-0ef18325dda6.png

After completing the steps, attempt to use the email address of your child to login to the computer and see if the same error message still shows up. If the error no longer shows up, we suggest that you attempt to add the account back then to Family safety.

Regards.

Jordan Dom, Feb 3, 2022
  4. Surface Go with family safety can’t unlock computer

Unable to block youtube using family safety

Hi,

Thank you for updating with the status of the issue and apologies for the delay in responding.

This issue could have occurred due to these reasons:

• Incorrect Family Safety settings.

• Web filtering is not setup correctly.
    Remove and try to re-add the site in the block list and check.

Try the steps listed here:

Method 1:

I suggest you to refer the article and check if you have setup web filtering correctly or not.

How do I prevent my child from seeing certain websites or chatting online?

Filter apps and games with Microsoft Edge

Method 2:

If the issue persists, I suggest you to refresh Family Safety filter and check if it helps.

How do I refresh the Family Safety Filter?

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-live/family-safety-filter-faq

Hope this information helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of the issue so that we can assist you further.

Thank You.

Sangeeta Sarkar, Feb 3, 2022
Thema:

Surface Go with family safety can’t unlock computer

1. Surface Go with family safety can’t unlock computer - Similar Threads - Surface family safety

2. Family safety

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Family safety: Hi I am having several issues with my Microsoft account.1. I was on a family group share but my child is now 17 and I no longer want to monitor his use. How do I make changes so there are no longer parental controls?2. My son is trying to change his email to access account....
  3. Family safety

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Family safety: Hi I am having several issues with my Microsoft account.1. I was on a family group share but my child is now 17 and I no longer want to monitor his use. How do I make changes so there are no longer parental controls?2. My son is trying to change his email to access account....
  4. Family safety

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Family safety: Hi I have just set up my daughter's computer and would like to add the family sharing app. The app is not finding her device. Why is this? Did i need to set up her computer with her own account...
  5. Can’t remove child from Family Safety

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can’t remove child from Family Safety: I have a child who’s reporting and limits completely broke out of nowhere. Family Safety shows they are all setup, but it’s not tracking any of his usage. I am absolutely the only family organizer and am the person who added him in the first place. I figured I’d remove him...
  6. Can’t remove child from Family Safety

Can’t remove child from Family Safety: I have a child who’s reporting and limits completely broke out of nowhere. Family Safety shows they are all setup, but it’s not tracking any of his usage. I am absolutely the only family organizer and am the person who added him in the first place. I figured I’d remove him...
  7. Family Safety

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Family Safety: Hi there,I am a little puzzled with the Family Settings for Edge, on my own profile, I can use the Cog in Edge for customizing the main page layout, for example removing quick links, content, image/video background, etc...I have enabled Family Safety in our kid profile, so...
  8. Surface Go with family safety can’t unlock computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Surface Go with family safety can’t unlock computer: My son’s surface go 2 has loads of trouble staying connected to the internet. Because of this problem when he tries to log in for the day it brings up the Lock Screen telling him he has to ask for more time from a parent even though he has plenty of time, the family safety...
  9. Surface Go with family safety can’t unlock computer

Surface Go with family safety can’t unlock computer: My son’s surface go 2 has loads of trouble staying connected to the internet. Because of this problem when he tries to log in for the day it brings up the Lock Screen telling him he has to ask for more time from a parent even though he has plenty of time, the family safety...
  10. Family Safety.

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Family Safety.: I just got my daughter a laptop and added her to my family on Microsoft. How do I change the names of the computers on my account so I can set time limits on just her computer and not mine? The names currently associated with the computers are a bunch of letters and numbers...