Windows 10: Surface Go

Discus and support Surface Go in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; What is/are best programs or apps to use to make hand written notes on Surface Go?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Wondering852, May 1, 2019.

1. Surface Go

What is/are best programs or apps to use to make hand written notes on Surface Go?

:)

Wondering852, May 1, 2019
  2. Brink Win User

Boot Surface Laptop to USB - no Volume button

Hello Jimmy, Surface Go :)

This doesn't list the "Surface Laptop", but you might give it a try to see.

*Arrow Boot Microsoft Surface from a USB device

Otherwise, you should be able to use OPTION ONE below to boot from the USB from advanced startup.

*Arrow Boot from USB Drive on Windows 10 PC Windows 10 Installation Upgrade Tutorials

Brink, May 1, 2019
  3. Roohi_Taj Win User
    Surface Pro 3

Hi ChrisWaters3,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Could you please help me with the below information:

1. Does the battery drain out, if the tablet is not connected to peripherals?

2. Which version of Windows you are using? (To check, type: winver in start menu and hit enter.)

I understand how something like this can try your patience. This issue is an indication of faulty drivers or incompatible driver.
    However, I suggest you to follow the troubleshooting steps mentioned below:

Method 1: Check the drivers.

Step1: Battery driver

1. Press Windows andR
      key together on your Keyboard.
    2. Type devmgmt.msc and hit enter.
    3. Click on view on top > Select Show hidden devices.
    4. Expand the Batteries option from the list.
    5. Select the ACPI Compliant Control Method Battery> right click on the driver and click on
      Properties.
    6. Click on Driver tab > check if you have the option to
      Roll Back Driver.
    7. If yes, Roll back the driver or uninstall it and restart the computer.
    Uninstalling the driver will be automatically installed after the system is restarted. Check if the issue is fixed.

Step 2: Keyboard driver.

1. In the Device manager, go to ‘Other devices’, you will find
      Unknown devices.
    2. Double tap on the unknown device > click on
      Driver tab> click on update driver.
    3. Select browse my computer for driver software> Click on Let me pick from a list of device drivers
    4. Select keyboard, then click ‘Next.
    5. Select HID Keyboard device and click finish.

Method 2: Run the toolkit.

Note: If your Surface is managed by your work or school, check with your organization's IT department before running the tool.

I would suggest you to run the toolkit provided by Microsoft on
    Fix common Surface
    problems using the Surface Diagnostic Toolkit

If the above steps, doesn’t fix the issue. I would suggest you to follow the steps mentioned in the article on
    Surface Pro 3 Battery
    FAQ for the Surface Pro Embedded Controller Firmware update

Hope it helps.

Roohi Taj S

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Roohi_Taj, May 1, 2019
  4. Surface Go

Stuck at OneDrive screen during Surface Pro 6 initial setup

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Try the below suggested steps.

Method 1

1. Unplug all the external devices except Mouse and Keyboard.
    2. Try to reboot the device and check the status of the issue.
    Method 2

I would suggest you to perform Power drain by following the suggested steps.

1. Press and hold the Power Button down for 30-40 seconds.
    2. Hold the Volume Rocker up and Power ON for almost 20 second.
    3. Release the power button and wait for next 10-15 seconds.
    4. Press the power button to turn on your Surface and check the status of the issue.

Hope it helps.

Muralidhar

Microsoft Community Moderator

Muralidhar_G, May 1, 2019
Thema:

Surface Go

1. Surface Go - Similar Threads - Surface

2. How can I fix my Surface Pro 9?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I fix my Surface Pro 9?: Hey everyone!I just bought my Surface and I was setting it up. The first problem occured when I tried to change my background, it didn't accepted the picture and just went to blank black background. I tried it a few times more but every time I chose the picturefile it went...
  3. How can I fix my Surface Pro 9?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can I fix my Surface Pro 9?: Hey everyone!I just bought my Surface and I was setting it up. The first problem occured when I tried to change my background, it didn't accepted the picture and just went to blank black background. I tried it a few times more but every time I chose the picturefile it went...
  4. I want a download pdf of surface go 3 laptop user manual

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I want a download pdf of surface go 3 laptop user manual: Where can i download a Surface go 3 laptop user manual? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-want-a-download-pdf-of-surface-go-3-laptop-user/86f89767-8dcf-4fb2-8193-4de9145bcc0f
  5. I want a download pdf of surface go 3 laptop user manual

I want a download pdf of surface go 3 laptop user manual: Where can i download a Surface go 3 laptop user manual? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-want-a-download-pdf-of-surface-go-3-laptop-user/86f89767-8dcf-4fb2-8193-4de9145bcc0f
  6. I want a download pdf of surface go 3 laptop user manual

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. Can I use the lockdown browser for the surface go 3?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can I use the lockdown browser for the surface go 3?: Hello, I have a surface go 3 and I would like to know if I can use this laptop to write an exam with the lockdown browser. Will there be any problems if I do that and should I avoid using this laptopt? is there any possibility it will crash?...
  8. Can I use the lockdown browser for the surface go 3?

Can I use the lockdown browser for the surface go 3?: Hello, I have a surface go 3 and I would like to know if I can use this laptop to write an exam with the lockdown browser. Will there be any problems if I do that and should I avoid using this laptopt? is there any possibility it will crash?...
  9. Surface Pro 8 Camera keeps stopping functioning

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Surface Pro 8 Camera keeps stopping functioning: This problem has been impacting me ever since I purchased my Surface Pro 8 in December 2021 - the camera frequently stops functioning.This often happens during a video call if not at the start. I have followed various instructions to reset it - e.g. as...
  10. Surface Pro 8 Camera keeps stopping functioning

Surface Pro 8 Camera keeps stopping functioning: This problem has been impacting me ever since I purchased my Surface Pro 8 in December 2021 - the camera frequently stops functioning.This often happens during a video call if not at the start. I have followed various instructions to reset it - e.g. as...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. surface go 1903